Pay What You Want

Elastic Pricing for your Online Store - Bill Pay and Donations

HIGH CULTURED

Problem found:
1) the cart will auto show the first variant which is I didn't select it
2) auto-add new variant at the product page every time when I insert an amount for the check-out

Orta Gardens

The comments that cite excellent, fast service are outdated. I found the app to be buggy and the support to be slow and not helpful. Here are some details:

1. The variant a customer chooses does not carry through the transaction with this app. If you're selling t-shirts, for example, the customer will think they have selected "large," but the orders default to the first variant on the list, usually "XS." It will appear that you've only sold XS shirts, but really it's the app not carrying the choice through check-out. I don't think there is a fix for this.

2. Of the 4 products I set to PWYW, two ended up having two "add to cart" buttons right next to each other. One added the minimum price to the cart, and the other added the PWYW price. The only fix I found was to duplicate the product and make the new product PWYW, leaving the old one invisible until the sale was over. (Support's unhelpful response: Products have "add to cart" buttons. Go into the code to remove the regular "add to cart" button.)

3. In the middle of the sale, one of the products simply stopped working entirely. Customers couldn't add it to the cart. At that point I was so tired of the app that I just deleted the PWYW tag and set a fixed sale price.

I'm giving the app 2 stars because in limited, VERY simple situations where you have the time to monitor it carefully, this could work. But for me, this was a major headache, and I would not recommend it.