Use our app to solicit donations from your community - they can donate any amount they want and their donation is tracked and processed.
Invoice your customers any amount you want - even process partial payments or layaway.
This app is great for digital goods, and compatible with the official Digital Downloads Shopify app
About Pay What You Want
Pay What You Want!
This app establishes "elastic pricing" on your store - it lets your customers pay what they want for your products, opening the door for:
- Donations, like the hundreds of non-profits and religious organizations that use PWYW
- Invoice payments from your customers, like our users who are medical practitioners or parking garages
- Layaway arrangements, like the instrument sellers or thrift stores who are empowered by PWYW
- Crowdfunding, like the one social good organization that raised over $1.2M using our app.
- much, much more.
All you have to do is simply choose a minimum price and add the "PWYW" tag to your product and our plugin does the rest - it will add a special field to your product page, allowing users to enter their desired price.
Inspired by Humble Bundle and the Radiohead album "In Rainbows."
- Digital Downloads
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 7-day free trial
PWYW w/ $5 minimum
Pay what you want for the app, with a $5 minumum
All features enabled
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Overall rating Based on 43 reviews
Most recent reviews
1) the cart will auto show the first variant which is I didn't select it
2) auto-add new variant at the product page every time when I insert an amount for the check-out
The comments that cite excellent, fast service are outdated. I found the app to be buggy and the support to be slow and not helpful. Here are some details:
1. The variant a customer chooses does not carry through the transaction with this app. If you're selling t-shirts, for example, the customer will think they have selected "large," but the orders default to the first variant on the list, usually "XS." It will appear that you've only sold XS shirts, but really it's the app not carrying the choice through check-out. I don't think there is a fix for this.
2. Of the 4 products I set to PWYW, two ended up having two "add to cart" buttons right next to each other. One added the minimum price to the cart, and the other added the PWYW price. The only fix I found was to duplicate the product and make the new product PWYW, leaving the old one invisible until the sale was over. (Support's unhelpful response: Products have "add to cart" buttons. Go into the code to remove the regular "add to cart" button.)
3. In the middle of the sale, one of the products simply stopped working entirely. Customers couldn't add it to the cart. At that point I was so tired of the app that I just deleted the PWYW tag and set a fixed sale price.
I'm giving the app 2 stars because in limited, VERY simple situations where you have the time to monitor it carefully, this could work. But for me, this was a major headache, and I would not recommend it.
Im sure this would be a beneficial app, and is exactly what I am after, unfortunately it didn't work when installed. The procedures to troubleshoot are a little convoluted, but achievable with a good level of knowledge.
Unfortunately, they do not respond when you seek technical support after their troubleshooting fails.
A number of emails out and several days later they have not responded, we will be seeking another method prior to the being charged.