Recurring Payments & Orders

Recurring Payments & Orders

by PayWhirl Inc.

We make it easy to save payment methods & offer subscriptions.

Bogess

Really BAD SERVICE .... I had serveral questions instead of answering my question they kept on sending me links that had nothing to do with my questions ... the app is very complex and not user friendly .... I wouldn't recommend NOBODY!!

Fresh Meal Prep

Support lacks horribly, the guy didn't even help us figure out how to set up the app since their documentation isn't great either.

We were on a call with Chris and instead of finding a way to help finish our conversation for another 10 minutes or so and get us setup, he said I have another call, hung up .... scheduled another call for us and never called back. I emailed again, no response from the guy. Left us high and dry. Horrible.

Eat My Tackle

**Update** - Got charged after canceling the service. Support told me that I forgot to cancel. Use this service to get ripped off.

Support is terrible. Fees are high. Do not recommend.

Update:

Use "ReCharge Recurring Billing & Subscriptions". Here's why.

1) $15/month and no fees
2) Tech support fixed my issue promptly, and they did it for me.

If you use PayWhirl's service, you're shooting yourself in the foot. First, starting at $50/month + fees. Then if you want support, you have to wait and chat with an already busy developer. Not only will the developer walk away during chat sessions, spacing out answers an hour apart, he will also blame you, the customer, for breaking something in their system. Then he'll give you 3 pages worth of instructions to fix it.

So, if you want to waste time and money, go ahead. But you can use something that costs way less and they're willing to fix it for you....

Buh Bye Paywhirl, glad we broke up.

Lakeside Acres Goat Milk Soap And Skin Care Products

way too difficult to set up. And way too many parties taking a chunk of money from each transaction.

Fienics Data Store

I think the app looks OK. Not great. The other subscription apps look a bit better visually. The real problem with PayWhirl is their billing structure. It sounds like it has a lower cost. And it sort of does. The problem is that they charge 2% of your gross revenue as their fee. All of the subscription/billing apps use services like Stripe as their backend. So most charge 2.5%-3%. PayWhirl charges 2% plus about about 2.5% for Stripe. So you end up paying almost 5% of your gross revenue just for payment processing. This is a big deal. If you have a very small store that only sells a few hundred dollars of stuff a month, this is OK. But, think about it, the extra 2% charge will add up. If you sell 50K per month, you would pay PayWhirl $1K in addition to what you pay Stripe. So think twice before going with PayWhirl.

Bingery

this is by far the worst app on shopify. I have emailed twice asking for help and never got a response.