Pixc: Photo Resize

Pixc: Photo Resize

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.7)
Developer
4.7
February 4, 2020

This app is an absolute joke. It does nothing at all other than taking your money. Does not change the size of your pictures on your website. Customer service is less than helpful, just asks you to resize more images (spend more money) to get it to work. Don't waste your time.

Cacio Pepe Meals
Time spent using app: 10 days
Pixc replied February 5, 2020

We're sorry for the inconvenience but we do appreciate your review. We replied a few hours ago to the Shopify support ticket that was initiated earlier. Please check your spam folder if you haven't received the email. We would love to help you.

Edited January 29, 2020

UPDATE NO REPLY AND NO ANSWER, THESE ARE LIES.... PLUGIN DOES NOT WORK!!! I AM GOING TO CHARGE BACK THE CARD I USED TO PAY FOR THIS GARBAGE AND RAISE CONCERN WITH SHOPIFY ADMIN.

What a garbage, does not do what it supposed to do! I have 30K images and I wanted an app to make images look same size in the collection and normal size in the product page. Well this piece of garbage promises to do that, but nothing is getting changed and all images look different. Piece of sh****

quimstake
Time spent using app: 1 day
Pixc replied January 29, 2020

Thank you for getting in touch. We ran the app for you however it looks like you have closed your Shopify store and account.

So, unfortunately, even though we resized over 19,000 photos for you the process stops if you close your store.

We’re sorry you have had a bad experience.

Edited January 2, 2020

This app does not explain how it works. Resized all images but changed backgrounds. I don't see a way to reverse the sizing.

CloSYS
Time spent using app: About 4 hours
December 4, 2019

Thank you. It did NOT work. Images in my store are still all different sizes. Your app does not work for me

Quay Books
Ireland
Time spent using app: 6 minutes
Pixc replied December 5, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our app. We're sorry to hear that you're having some issues. We'd love to help you get this fixed right away.

Please check the email we sent yesterday (please check your junk folder too).

November 23, 2019

I’m so confused! Why are all my pictures blurry??? No option to revert the sizing!! I sent an email. Please visit www.nettysglitz.com to see the rubbish I paid for! I would like a refund!! This would loose me customers! I’m livid!

NettysGlitz
Time spent using app: 9 months
Pixc replied November 24, 2019

Hi there,

We have been in touch. Please check your email as we would love to assist you in fixing the issue you have.

November 21, 2019

Downloaded the app and all I got was a white boarder around my images. Tried to restore and then delete app - now my product pictures is a mess. No response from customer service and I don't know how to solve this.... Terrible.

Mäele
Norway
Time spent using app: About 11 hours
Pixc replied November 21, 2019

Hi there,

After reviewing your concern, we have found that the images have been properly restored. We have sent you emails to coordinate the issue and make sure the matter has been resolved.

Please feel free to reach out to us if there's anything else we can do for you. We're here to help!

Thank you.

October 11, 2019

Trash design. Horribly confusing UI. Three different items on one image that conflict with each other. A checkmark, and X, and then another thing that says your image is square? Chinglish programming at its worst.

Bath Parlor
Time spent using app: 3 months
Pixc replied October 11, 2019

Hi there, I wanted to update you that we have released our brand new app UX and UI using Shopify Polaris. We would love you to give it a try.

We are here to help.

Thank you for taking the time to review our app.

Sorry that you didn’t enjoy the experience. As the founder, I strive to make good products for merchants and while I know the design isn’t great. I’m excited to tell you (you’re the first) that we have a brand new design coming in two weeks which follows the UI and UX guidelines from Shopify Polaris. It will look and feel like the Shopify dashboard.

In the meantime, if we can help you resize your photos, please feel free to email us at hello@pixc.com and if you have any other feedback, do let me know. I’m here to listen.

Have a great weekend,
Holly

September 14, 2019

it didnt make my photots all the same size :/

Green Box Jewellers
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Pixc replied September 18, 2019

Thanks for your review.

I wanted to update you and let you know that we have updated our UI/UX for the app. We would love you to give it another try. If you have any issues, please let us know.

Edited July 10, 2019

This app literally ruined every image on my site. I was charged 19.99 for them to just add white on the outside of the images. It does not in anyway fix anything at all. Images looked exact same, with a huge chuck of white border. Highly suggest not using this app, I have asked twice for help from developer, no response. I will be speaking with Shopify to remove the charge, I now have to go back and MANUALLY rephoto 1,205 images! To say I am ****ed is a massive understatement.

Developer will come here, make an excuse, and try to let it seem like this is less than a serious problem. My site looks like crap from using this application. I paid $19.99 to give myself more work, should have been to reduce work but no. The app just totally jacked every single image up.

You have been warned. Avoid.

North Rustic
Time spent using app: About 22 hours
Pixc replied October 7, 2019

Hello there,

I am very sorry to hear that the app did not work as you expected. The app does add white borders to the shorter side of your images to make them square. For most website owners, this is perfect, but it appears this does not work for you. We apologize for the trouble caused.

There is an option to restore your images. And we have reached out to you via email to help. Feel free to get in touch if you would like us to resolve this issue.

Edited June 14, 2019

Don't bother!

Very misleading. Didn't make ANY difference to our images. Support blasé at best.

Note: This doesn't make your images all the same shape and/or form/size.

A complete waste of money!!

collectibleoldstuff
Time spent using app: 18 days
Pixc replied June 16, 2019

I'm sorry that you feel misled by our app. We have been in touch to assist and suggested that you try out 150 photos free of charge before paying.

To clarify, Photo Resize will resize and replace product photos to the perfect square ratio. It is limited however to the original size of your images. If the original images are not the same size, the resized images will also not be the same size.

We will review our app description to ensure it doesn't cause confusion again.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please email us at hello@pixc.com