The overall rating reflects the current state of the app. It accounts for all app reviews but prioritizes the most recent ones.
Hole in the Web Custom Apparel and Gifts
I wanted to love these guys, I really did! The product selection is bad ass, but if you really want to destroy your store, be my guest. No joke. I believe in providing good customer service and ive had a 5 Star rating on my shop selling 2 years and within 2 months down to 4 stars. Before I signed up I was like oh the reviews are not good, but I also knew this was during covid and new online sellers came about, thinking to myself rookies!. So I decided eh lets try them out. Everything was great for a month or so and then BAM! List of issues.
1. Products get shipped but the tracking isnt updated sometimes until like days after it ships.
2. Manual orders customer address can not be updated, so if customer changes address. Good luck! It's gonna cost ya.
3. Orders will ship and just sit in China for 15-25 days or forever in purgatory. Has happened multiple times and again will cost you cause your customers are pissed. So ive also had to refund them as well.
4. Not 100% but there may be issues with products. More specific face masks. Ive had customers give me 1 star ratings and ive had customers give me 5 star ratings. So not sure there but I just know this was a big one for me that effected my store along with a set of boots. I dont know if its just customers being dicks or if the quality is just not that good.
You guys, if you could get your shipping problem down, you guys would rock it in the POD world but as of right now you guys are not there. Whether ya build a plant in the US or something, but I can see this problem not going good for you guys.
On that note, sellers you make your own decision if you want to use Pillow Profits or not. Me right now I am slowly transferring all my designs over to another POD company. I cant let this be a cancer to my store, but this is an honest review and sharing what has happen to me and my store. Thanks!
Masks and Things
7-25 Day 4 still no response and I have recent the emails and added new ones.7-24 This is day 3 for me and I still have not had PP respond to help with my order!!!! They opened the email several times on my mailtrack. No wonder they have a 3.4 review...l should have researched more 7-23 I am so frustrated with their customer service. FAQ says "Award Winning 8 hours" auto email says within 24 hours. I send 2nd trying to get answered. I am new at this, have an order #1 in shopify. For 2 days my app is crashed. I have yet to hear back and hate to think of losing the customer. We pay $29.99 a month for service vs other POD that do not have a charge. Is anyone able to find a phone# to call...I have not been able to locate one.
I don't know man. Pillow Profits definitely has potential but my orders are not being shipped on time anymore. They take weeks to reply to a single email. I ordered a few products myself over 2 months ago but I haven't received my stuff and it still shows up as in Hawthorne. The last time they shipped any orders was on the 16th of June. My orders are overdue. I really suggest you guys hire more customer representatives. You guys are not only going to ruin small businesses but also yours. I get that there's a pandemic but the least you can do is hire more employees to answer our emails. Your customer service is awful. You guys should SERIOUSLY consider hiring more staff.
Southern Diva's Gifts
I have used this company for a year and am now pulling all items. The latest video on shipping delays is rude and condescending. I did a sample order on 05/19 between Pillow Profits, Teelaunch , GearLaunch, and Printful. The Teelaunch and Gearlaunch were processed and delivered in less then 3 weeks despite the Pandemic (Still waiting on Printful and Pillow Profits is stuck in customs). Reason for the other quick turn arounds is they are produced in the US. Pillow Profits is tied up with China,customs, etc...Loved the face masks but this will be over before my customers get theirs. They have some unique items but prices are too high for my market.
For us this app did not really work as well as we had hoped. We paid them 30$ for many months while we were trying to crack the eCom game. This charge is not very supportive for beginner stores (it was a 7 day free trial when we began). We got stuck in the loop of "this month will be different". But our sales never came (due to other issues not app related).
While their product selection is great, you can get most of these products from other free apps, many of them printed in the USA.
It is also important to note that most of these 5 star reviews were given a 32$ credit for a free pair or shoes or similar to rate them 5 stars. We initially rated 4 stars before and were told by a PP teammate "you were supposed to rate us 5 stars for the credit". Plus Adrian Morrisson, now a "Shopify approved teacher", is buddy buddy with Adam, the owner of Pillow Profits, and he pushes PillowProfits whenever he can.
Given the amount of free apps out there, the 30$ a month charge + the deceiving tactics mentioned above makes this a 2 star app experience for us.
I’ve had PP for 3 months, placed about 200 orders with them and will be deleting my store at the end of this month. Why?
1. Cost - $30 a month for the app and not such great pricing on the products. $49.99 for a hooded blanket… sell it for $69 and your ROI is only 38% before expenses. If you’re willing to buy in bulk, you can find the same blankets for less than $20. PP pricing is probably due to the fact that they’re not the manufacturer; they’re the middleman, outsourcing your work to someone else, which leads to issue #2.
2. Inconsistent products. I ordered samples at different times and received blankets with different Sherpa linings. The first was much thicker than the second and there’s no way of knowing what my customers actually received.
3. Ships from China. While hooded blankets only take 10-12 days on average for delivery, it’s not a great experience for the customer. PP creates a tracking number before the product is finished, so customers wait several days (or *weeks* in some cases), wondering what’s going on. Also, it has China all over it. China, China, China with no branding from your company. (thumbs down).
4. Customer Service. Depends on who you get with this one. Shemie is good and will do her best to help. Dan is a walking disaster, with minimum 24 hours between responses and no help at all. Ever.
5. Bogus Affiliate Program. Never received a single payout from their advertised program. They owe me about $50 and simply quit responding to my inquiries.
So why the two stars? Aside from the fact that I'm hoping my review stands out, their app works and they have some neat products that most PODs don’t seem to carry here in the states. Is it worth doing business with them? That’s up to you. I gave ‘em a fair shake and I’m out. I value customer service and don’t feel like they represent my company well. They overcharge and under perform. They're not worth the money or the aggravation.
The end of the US China Postal Pact may put an end to them anyway.
I loaded this app, tried to use it - designing is awkward - and deleted it before the 7 day trial because I couldn't use it - and was still billed. Would not recommend.
After 9 months of paying $30 pm, sales were so low I did not cover that cost. Maybe their product costs are too high? The app should be free - definitely no value in paying them to use their app when they still make a big fat profit on your sales as well. The concepts are good, support is good but if you can't sell their stuff then why pay for the privilege? Rating would def be higher if no monthly fee - feels like gouging.
I dont like the $30 monthly charge. What are they selling that is so unique? Its not we get to put our own branding on the products. There are other places that I can sell bags POD like Interestprint. and the shoes umm yeah we can start at Rageon. ok We are new entrepreneurs most us dont make that much money with Shopify, if If they gave us like 60 days and then they charge us then ok but they quick for that 30 a month and thats expensive i dont like at all. or they should if get 2 sales then we gonna start charging you. But its a well designed app.