Pinterest

Pinterest

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.7)
Developer
4.7
Edited July 30, 2021

I've had a terrible experience with this app, I added this app and had my Pintrest account suspended within 10 minutes. I'm now asking Pinterest for help to undo the damage caused by this app.

One Less Car Shop
Time spent using app: 3 months
July 16, 2021

I have tried several times to connect to my Pinterest business account but nothing works. After I click give access, nothing happens. I have sent out several messages to support for assistance but no response. I am stuck and unable to connect my account and don't know what more to do. Hopefully, someones sees this review and reaches out. thank you.

Luxie Radiance
Time spent using app: 11 months
Edited July 7, 2021

we shouldn't have to put a payment option at the beginning of setting up the connection between our shopify and our pinterest.....NO OTHER platform does this! We would love to connect our online store to our pinterest, but NOT If you are needing payment information up front. .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Teamworks Promotions
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
July 5, 2021

The app is pulling the wrong URL. Shopify uses the Product Handle in the URL, but this app is pulling the Product ID instead. With the Product ID in the URL, it creates a 404 Page Not Found error, which cascades into multiple other errors. You need to modify your app to pull the correct Product Handle URL:
Shopify uses the Product Handle: {{ all_products['the-handle'].title }} I tried to work around this by adding URL redirects. However, the problem is that when you pull URLs by Product ID, it is only limited to 20 products at a time. Since I have over 50 products, half of my products are never pulled. I contacted Pinterest Support, but they give me the run around. When there are cascading error reports (caused by the wrong URL creating a 404 Page Not Found error), they want me to address those secondary errors. It won't help. Please fix your appl. MimsHouseBooks.com

MimsHouseBooks
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
June 21, 2021

I was super keen to connect and use this app but like others on here I was rejected immediately. Luckily I have only spent a few days dealing with this (and getting rejected a few more times.) After much frustration, and leaving negative feedback when they asked, I finally received a laughable response from Pinterest. They did not address the issues and assumed I wished to go ahead, when actually I had told them the opposite. They also gave a vague reference as to what was wrong but didn't explain how to fix it or what to do. The whole email was infuriatingly unhelpful. I went hunting for other reviews to see if I should bother continuing. I am glad I read all of these reviews because I will not waste my time & money with Pinterest ads which had been my preferred option. I cannot believe the lack of service or caring from such a big company.

Awesomely Attired
Time spent using app: 20 days
June 11, 2021

I’ve done a high end eCom for over 20 years, and never have I seen such HORRIBLE Tech Support! I accidentally uninstall the Pinterest Add On before canceling a campaign, and was unable to get access to pause campaigns for over two months!! They have no phone or chat support, and submitted tickets were ignored until Shopify stepped in. And a simple request to have a small credit refunded was dismissed. In my experience of running many million dollar ad campaigns, Pinterest typically represents the lowest ROI.

I've Had It
Time spent using app: 8 months
June 2, 2021

NOT BEING ABLE TO UPLOAD PRODUCTS FROM MY STORE TO PINCREST BUT THEY GIVE ME UNUSABLE AD CREDITS....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

PURR-A-DISE
Time spent using app: 9 days
May 23, 2021

Given this was supposed to be a great new partnership between Shopify and Pinterest, my experience has been abysmal. Customer support is literally non-existent. Whilst I had no issues setting up, our account was persistently rejected before even going live for being in violation of Pinterest Ts&Cs. We reviewed repeatedly, but nowhere could we find a violation. When Pinterest email you to tell you that you are in violation, they do not specify how or what this violation is, only that you must submit an appeal once you have made changes - and herein lies the difficulty. What changes are you supposed to make if they don't tell you what is wrong? If the system is good enough to identify a violation, surely it is good enough to tell us what that is. Contact with Pinterest on Twitter explaining the issue got us nowhere. Contact with Pinterest on here got us nowhere. Appeals got us nowhere. So all in this has been a massive waste of time which for a small business owner is something we simply do not have. I therefore cannot recommend this add-on to anyone and would suggest you go and spend your time doing literally anything else but this.

Whitmore & White
Time spent using app: 22 days
May 6, 2021

Very frustrating to set up. Not able to change the country for billing in order to purchase ads. No technical support available.

Outlook Home Decor
Time spent using app: 6 months
Edited May 5, 2021

Total rubbish. Installed ok, but everything about this app is centered around advertising and giving them money, you cannot even install it unless they've had your credit card details.
Constantly not uploading products as you are instantly in violation of their policies on just about every matter you can think of, from delivery to returns policies. Sorry, but if my policies are good enough for google, facebook, instagram, and not least myself, who has great pride in my own business then you (Pinterest) can take a hike. You're not so important and high-horsed that we fall at your feet.

The Chopping Block Shop