Pinterest

Get your products in front of shoppers on Pinterest

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

Smoulder Products

Does not load in the store, installation failed. Any support on this would be appreciated. on load the application stalls on loading.

AURA Nutrition

This app doesn't load up ever. Can you please fix this?! I've been trying to use this on our store and get everything set up. Very eager to use!

Brim & Boho

no longer works keeps saying Catalog needs attention and never updates anymore. was working fine and now has just quit working. do not install this

July 10, 2020

We're sorry that you had this experience with the appeal page. The appeal actually made it through to us. Please check your email.

Beagle FX

Time spent using app About 1 month

The Pinterest app advertised through Shopify's app store looked to be a great option for the types of products we offer (digital and canvas photo collages and designs). There have been many issues since reporting the first trouble ticket June 17, 2020. The provided support channels were used for both Shopify and Pinterest to report new issues and check status for open issues.

The app's performance in the Shopify admin had a glitch. It would not work at all in Safari, and Chrome eventually stopped too. The app was tested on mobile and desktop experiences. A ticket was submitted to
Shopify. The app needed to be un-installed and re-installed.

There were ingestion errors on Pinterest's side. It was a technical error with no information listed in the error report. Pinterest said they would research it and get back ASAP. It was sent to engineers after the first couple levels of support couldn't figure it out. Status checks were done multiple times to see what progress was with the ingestion issues. No timeline for correction has been provided, the responses were left at "ASAP."

It took 2.5 weeks to resolve the initial "technical error" on their side. Then there was an issue with products not showing as pins. The guidelines note less than 10 products won't be featured, but there were 10 products selected for the Pinterest sales channel. Pinterest support asked us to add more. We did. This resolved the issue of product information being ingested into Pinterest, but only product information transferred. Another issue started.

The next issue is product options, most importantly, product pricing information not importing. This issue is ongoing.

UPDATE 7.29.2020. A total 6 weeks have passed, and there is no working shopping experience for Pinterest through this app. There is also no ETA for when it'll work. Weekly contact has been made with someone at Pinterest support trying to get updates.

The latest suggestion was to delete all product variants. We pointed out that meant there would be no way for the store to sell a product because a variant is associated with its price. We attempted to clarify the suggestion from Pinterest by asking if they were suggesting to duplicate the product many times over with a one price option. We mentioned this would most likely confuse customers.

Having a Pinterest business account has been great for brand awareness. Having the app from Pinterest through Shopify has not been pleasant. Support is difficult to reach. Suggestions from support personnel are not conducive to running an online business. Support is online only, there are no additional options to resolve the concerns.

MINDJOB

Time spent using app About 2 months

Doesn't work. I'm three weeks in to a drawn out back and forth with client-facing "shopify-help@pinterest.com". I'm now being told my problem is "rare" and it will take the internal tech team up to 8 weeks to investigate.

top-shelf.de

Location Germany
Time spent using app 17 minutes

Our account was banned right after installing this App. We didn't use pinterest much in the past, so we had round about 10 Pins and two boards in total. Notheless, the account was deactivated instantly without a warning or any reasoning.
That is the most terrible shopify App experience ever.

Late Blooming Watercolors

Installed on June 6 and it has never worked. Contacted support and was told the features I have been trying to use (Shopify sales channel and Instagram import) are or have been deprecated. I am not a Pinterest user, and all I wanted was to allow Pinterest users to Pin my images, and this experience has been so terrible I will never use Pinterest.

MY HARMONY TREE

Only I have troubles to connect all the time I tried? Now, a month ago, 2 month ago and still didn't get luck..

LE Jewelry Designs

I keep getting the error messages: "Too few of the Product IDs included in your Add to Cart events match the Product IDs in your Catalog" and
"Too few of the Product IDs included in your Checkout events match the Product IDs in your Catalog." I emailed shopify-help@pinterest.com, so I'm hoping they can help me resolve the issue.

Indypicker.com

I have been using Pinterest with Shopify for 3 years with no issues and now tried to install this app and they say Merchant account not approved - hit appeal and The webpage at https://www.pinterest.com/product-catalogs/data-source/?showModal=true&advertiserId=549755899074 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Not happy about this new change!