Pirate Ship

Pirate Ship

by Pirate Ship

Get the cheapest USPS rates for free

Hop of the Month Club

Works perfectly! I get great rates on postage- and occasioanlly get USPS refunds through Pirate Ship as well. Super quick to answer questions as well. Love it!

The Painted Heirloom

UPDATE - STILL saving a lot of money! For those complaining about the Pirate Ship Rates vs. Shopify, you're obviously NOT using Cubic Rated Boxes.

USPS 1096L = Tier 1 Cubic
USPS BOX 4 = Tier 2
USPS 1097 & 1092 = Tier 3
USPS 1095 & USPS Shoe Box = Tier 4
Uline (or similar) 12x12x6 Box = Tier 5

Use THESE boxes, enter dimensions, and SAVE money. Funny story, I only discovered today there is a Tier 5 - even tho Pirate Ship clearly indicates there is one. lol It's just the USPS doesn't have their own Tier 5 box. I had to fill a 12x12x6 box, ran it through Pirate Ship, and it came up Cubic. I looked at the chart - duh, yeah, there is a Tier 5. Anyway, Tier 5 Cubic for me was $13.96; UPS would have been $14+; Regional Box B was $16+; regular Priority was close $24+. So, for this single order, saved $1+ today using Pirate Ship USPS Cubic rates vice UPS Ground, and the customer will get it a few days earlier.

I am also using Bespoke tailored and configured for me to pull in Cubic Rates to display to my customers. I'm passing the savings on to them.

I would agree, having to transfer some date, go through multiple screens, etc, can be rather convoluted.

--Original Review

This app is a game changer, really! I thought USPS Priority Regional Rates were cheap - wow on the USPS Priority Cubic Rates - JUST WOW! I should have installed this app from Day 1 - seriously.

Where this app will save you money is using USPS *CUBIC* Priority vs. "regular" USPS Priority.

We sell small pint size jars of paint. They're small, and heavy. But, I can fit 3 into a USPS Priority Box 4, that weigh 4 lbs, 12 oz, and ship from Florida to Washington State for $8.92 via USPS Priority Cubic.

The same shipment would be $11.20 in the smallest USPS Regional Rate Priority Box, $12.80 in USPS Medium Flat Rate Box, or $20.40 regular USPS Priority!

We also offer $4.99 shipping for orders over $75, this will help us save money when we supplement shipping costs with our customers.

For example - just jammed (actually fits in nicely) 4+ LBS of products into a 1092 bound from Pensacola FL to Arizona. USPS Priority was $17+. UPS was $18+. USPS Cubic Priority was $10.78! That saved us $7 for just that one shipment, and it will get there same time as regular USPS Priority.

As I said above, where this app will save you money is using USPS *CUBIC* Priority vs. "regular" USPS Priority. We set up all regular USPS Priority Boxes that are allowed to be used with Cubic shipping in the app. Now, we just use a "saved box", select modify when generating a label so we can accurately weigh it. Not that it matters to me or cost what weight is, as cubic shipping is based on size, not weight (although there is a max weight limit, but good luck trying to hit that in the smaller USPS boxes).

Just try it out - it's FREE!!

Is there ANY way to have my customers view all the rates available? Shopify is SOOOOOO frustrating!!

The ONLY reason I would possible give it 4 stars is because I want to pass the savings onto my customers. I do not wish to make one single penny off of shipping. If we can show and offer these rates to our customers, that would be amazing. Everyone would win. No need for the Post Office to get any more money than they need!

You need to team up with Bespoke Shipping! They're smart and together you two could dominate shipping. Seriously.

Loving Essential Oils

I am loving the app, it is easy to use and the savings is just amazing. I left my other app I had been with for 3 years because it was just too expensive, I am saving $100's each month with Pirate Ship. I am so happy to have found your app, and that it is free!! Being a small company, every penny counts for me so I really appreciate having access to Pirate Ship.

I also love all the help, documentation they offer and saving tips that took me over 5 years shipping experience to learn. In Pirate Ship documentation they breakdown how to ship the cheapest way, super valuable information, especially for newbies! Keep up the great work!

Rock Paper Shears

This app and the customer service from Pirate Ship goes far beyond our expectations. Strongly recommended.

Authentic Bags Only

I have been using Pirateship for 2 years now. Great customer service, and they are always upgrading for the better. Thanks Bjorn. https://www.authenticbagsonly.com

Warrior Unlimited Apparel, LLC

Great app and a must have for your store! it's easy to use a makes shipping a lot easier for internal and external orders.

HighZer0 Electronics

Incredible app! Exactly as advertised, great support, etc! I do hope in the future they can expand integration sites. It would be nice to integrate with your own shipping accounts if possible. https://highzer0electronics.com/

mousemade

I was already using Pirate Ship on their website and it was really easy and quick to use. I jumped on the app as soon as I saw it because it integrates well with orders. Now I can take care of shipping very quickly. Absolutely love Pirate Ship.

Best YOU by HTS

I love this app! It is awesome. You can batch the labels and it is excellent for saving time and printing supplies!

The UniDragon

Ok, if you think you are going to get rates that are insanely low right off the bat, chances are you'll be disappointed, BUT--and it's a big but, they are always at least matched to the lowest price in my experience with them. I sell on many channels, the prices they offer on items at or below 1lb is generally even with Shopify, Ebay, Amazon et all, but never more. They are at least equal on shipping light items, as the items get heavier it seems like Pirate Ship really does save money. . .While I have yet to find good savings on shipping on Pirate Ship compared with my main three channels--they actually do save me money over Bonanza (who charges to ship with them), Etsy, USPS.com. If a customer from out of state wants something delivered, I can offer it because of Pirate Ship at a reasonable rate. Very useful app, no upcharge. While I disagree with the understanding that many have that they save a fortune over other possibilities, they are always at least equal with the lowest--and they do allow manual entries meaning that even if you sell through channels (including in person) you'll save money on postage--and it can add up quick.