Pirate Ship: CheapARR Shipping

Pirate Ship: CheapARR Shipping

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.6)
Developer
4.6
August 28, 2019

I love this app. Not only does it save me money on some of my shipments, but it allows me to create shipping labels for custom orders. Thank you!

Claribelskincare.com
Time spent using app: About 2 years
August 6, 2019

It's a great solution for USPS shipping. It gives the best rates to ship to Canada. Support is quick, and fun to work with. It integrates well with our Shopify and eBay stores, and I love that you can click to print label from the customer order page. It saves "ship from" addresses so can select from dropdown. I wish it provided service for UPS, FedEx, DHLeCommerce, DHLexpress as well, then it would be the only shipping app you'd ever need!

WristWidget®
Time spent using app: Almost 3 years
Edited August 4, 2019

Pirate Ship is the App I didn't know how bad I needed it until I tried it! I tried dozens of others, only Pirate Ship delivers (pun intended) Plus I get to talk like a pirate whenever i ship and order Arrrgg!

dreamStudiodesigns
Time spent using app: 11 months
June 12, 2019

I've tried this and Shopify's Basic shipping rates on several different shipments. I'm saving approx. $1 with Pirate Ship on larger packages, smaller ones have a difference of a few cents. Just going to stick with Pirate Ship for now. Works perfectly :)

The Bath Bomb Outlet
Time spent using app: About 1 year
April 28, 2019

I love this App. It works perfectly, the app owners are amazing to work with and its MUCH better than the standard shipping platform that shopify has. Keep up the great work!

MileHighPawducts
Time spent using app: 4 months
March 27, 2019

Works perfectly! I get great rates on postage- and occasioanlly get USPS refunds through Pirate Ship as well. Super quick to answer questions as well. Love it!

Hop of the Month Club
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
Edited August 8, 2021

I do wish they'd add UPS rates. For those claiming it's the same as retail rates, they're not using cubic sized boxes. Normal USPS and UPS rates are Weight+Distance. Cubic USPS is Size+Distance. The smaller box you ship, the cheaper it is. For me to ship 1 LB or 20 LBs from FL to CA in a Tier 1 box is $9.52. 1 LB to 20 LBs in a Box 4 is $10.31. Yes, higher plans of Shopify now offer cubic rates, but sadly those rates aren't passed onto customers. USPS 1096L = Tier 1 Cubic.
USPS 1/2 Shoebox (cut in half) = Tier 1 Cubic.
USPS Box 4 = Tier 2 USPS 1097 & 1092 = Tier 3
USPS 1095 & USPS Shoe Box = Tier 4
2 USPS Box 4 Taped Together = Tier 4
12x12x4 Box = Tier 4
12x12x6 Box = Tier 5
13x13x5 Box = Tier 5 Use these sized boxes (or there abouts), enter dimensions, and SAVE money. Bottom Line - pack your items into the smallest boxes you can find, and use Pirate Ship. Funny story, I only discovered today there is a Tier 5 - even tho Pirate Ship clearly indicates there is one. lol It's just the USPS doesn't have their own Tier 5 box. I had to fill a 12x12x6 box, ran it through Pirate Ship, and it came up Cubic. I looked at the chart - duh, yeah, there is a Tier 5. Anyway, Tier 5 Cubic for me was $13.96; UPS would have been $14+; Regional Box B was $16+; regular Priority was close $24+. So, for this single order, saved $1+ today using Pirate Ship USPS Cubic rates vice UPS Ground, and the customer will get it a few days earlier. FYI, a USPS Box 7 is TOO big Cubic, but can be cut down from it's original 12x12x8 to make into 12x12x6 - which WOULD be .5 Cubic :) Grab a power box cutter off Amazon and start saving money! :) I am also using Bespoke Shopify App tailored and configured for me to pull in Cubic Rates to display to my customers. I'm passing the savings on to them. Min from Bespoke has AWESOME customer service! I would agree, having to transfer some date, go through multiple screens, etc, can be rather convoluted. --Original Review This app is a game changer, really! I thought USPS Priority Regional Rates were cheap - wow on the USPS Priority Cubic Rates - JUST WOW! I should have installed this app from Day 1 - seriously. Where this app will save you money is using USPS *CUBIC* Priority vs. "regular" USPS Priority. We sell small pint size jars of paint. They're small, and heavy. But, I can fit 3 into a USPS Priority Box 4, that weigh 4 lbs, 12 oz, and ship from Florida to Washington State for $8.92 via USPS Priority Cubic. The same shipment would be $11.20 in the smallest USPS Regional Rate Priority Box, $12.80 in USPS Medium Flat Rate Box (FYI, 3 pints of paint won't fit into a Medium Flat Rate Box) or $20.40 regular USPS Priority! $20.40 for REGULAR PRIORITY! That's an $11 savings. For example - just jammed (actually fits in nicely) 4+ LBS of products into a 1092 bound from Pensacola FL to Arizona. USPS Priority was $17+. UPS was $18+. USPS Cubic Priority was $10.78! That saved us $7 for just that one shipment, and it will get there same time as regular USPS Priority. As I said above, where this app will save you money is using USPS *CUBIC* Priority vs. "regular" USPS Priority. We set up all regular USPS Priority Boxes that are allowed to be used with Cubic shipping in the app. Now, we just use a "saved box", select modify when generating a label so we can accurately weigh it. Not that it matters to me or cost what weight is, as cubic shipping is based on size, not weight (although there is a max weight limit, but good luck trying to hit that in the smaller USPS boxes). Just try it out - it's FREE!! Is there ANY way to have my customers view all the rates available? Shopify is SOOOOOO frustrating!! The ONLY reason I would possible give it 4 stars is because I want to pass the savings onto my customers. I do not wish to make one single penny off of shipping. If we can show and offer these rates to our customers, that would be amazing. Everyone would win. No need for the Post Office to get any more money than they need! You need to team up with Bespoke Shipping! They're smart and together you two could dominate shipping. Seriously.

The Painted Heirloom
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
Edited March 9, 2019

I am loving the app, it is easy to use and the savings is just amazing. I left my other app I had been with for 3 years because it was just too expensive, I am saving $100's each month with Pirate Ship. I am so happy to have found your app, and that it is free!! Being a small company, every penny counts for me so I really appreciate having access to Pirate Ship.

I also love all the help, documentation they offer and saving tips that took me over 5 years shipping experience to learn. In Pirate Ship documentation they breakdown how to ship the cheapest way, super valuable information, especially for newbies! Keep up the great work!

Loving Essential Oils
Time spent using app: About 2 years
January 17, 2019

This app and the customer service from Pirate Ship goes far beyond our expectations. Strongly recommended.

Rock Paper Shears
Time spent using app: 12 months
January 2, 2019

I have been using Pirateship for 2 years now. Great customer service, and they are always upgrading for the better. Thanks Bjorn. https://www.authenticbagsonly.com

Authentic Bags Only