Image Slider + Carousel

Image Slider + Carousel

by POWr.io

FREE image slider, photo slider, lookbook and carousel.

Wanhao University Store

Does what it says- very simple to use and implement into the site. However- removing a slider removed the plugin, and now even after re-installing it wont allow the creation of a new slider. Constant circles to upgrade.

First Salute

This app is easy to use however I encountered a number of problems.

First off, my media looked just awesome in Corel, but when I loaded my imported media to the plugin, they did not look nearly as good.

After running my new sliders for a day, I realized I neglected to check how it looked on mobile.

Surprise surprise with the slider plugin installed my page was taking minutes to load, if at all. Very frustrating as this is my busiest month of the year and more than half my customers use their mobile devices so I ended up losing probably hundreds of dollars in sales.

Support was responsive and explained that their plugin loads after all the other plugins on the site so one of my other apps was to blame. The fact of the matter is that with this plugin installed, my site would not load correctly on mobile devices.

Support explained that average load times for the plugin on a page launch were
3 to 6 seconds. I am sorry but that is just really, really bad.

Solutions Of Consequence

Plan to spend a ton of money and get a ton of unwanted emails and unhelpful messages if using this Monopoly of a developer.