Popup | Email Pop Up & Sign Up

Popup | Email Pop Up & Sign Up

by POWR.io

Email pop up, newsletter pop up, exit popup, Beeketing alt

Claribelskincare.com

I added the popup app to my Shopify store, and paid approx. $27 for the year. Hours later there was a new reoccurring charge on my account for approx. $47 a month without my approval. Exchanged emails with Arlyne, who agreed to a refund. When no action happened and she stopped responded to my emails, she called me with a sales call offering to help coach me on how to use their app - completely ignoring her promise for a refund and such DECEPTIVE PRICING. Shopify owners, stay far away from these people. Their lie about their pricing, they avoid contact, and they break their word. Terrible company!!!

November 20, 2020

Hi there!
We just took a look and we see that Arlyne replied to you yesterday to confirm your refund request. Can you please check your spam folder to see if that is where her message went?
It seems like there was also some confusion around our pricing. You subscribed with our 40% BFCM promo, so the first year is just $29. After a year, the subscription renews at the regular price of $47/yr. There is no monthly fee, that is just a confusing way Shopify displays the terms of the app purchase.

ALL-GAS

bugging out, tried to hit the support button but is only pre listed questions and not a live person to help out. it keeps playing older versions of my pop up not the newer ones ive corrected.

November 19, 2020

We're very sorry you encountered an issue with our popup. Our support team has reached out to you with instructions for how to fix the issue you ran into. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

Phylise Fine Jewelry

Caused downtime for my website. After enabled the popup, I wasn't able to get into my website because my browser kept telling the connection is not private. This is really bad.

Cave and Cove

Awful!! So many issues with its software; i tried to stick it out but couldn't bare it. The app also keeps trying to make you upgrade as the free version is so basic! So glad i chose another app. Don't waste your time...!

August 12, 2020

Hi there,

So sorry this is happening for you!

Kindly contact us directly at support@powr.io detailing the e-mail address linked to your POWr account+weblinks with live POWr plugins installed so that we can look into the issues for you and come up with a relevant solution and/or workaround. Thank you very much for your detailed feedback&patience.

Unseen Art

Do not use! This App made my Shopify website very buggy and left lots of white spaces all over the pages. See here: www.unseen-art.co.uk

I've contacted their support team several time to no avail. This happened 5 days ago and it's still not been resolved (even though I've now had to remove the app).

It's a shame because it would be brilliant if it worked!

Octopus Denmark

Review from www.octopusdenmark.com
Really bad app. I spend almost two hours without finding a solution for a simple text information pop-up. Also it says that there is a free plan availble, but it keeps asking again and again for an upgrade to a paid plan. The free plan is a scam

Bombay Sunset Jewellery

Pretty terrible app. It does what many other apps do and it's more expensive. The free plan is good for nothing.

VacancyMode

The customer service team on this app are a joke! Firstly I did not approve the one-time purchase of 40 something USD, I was unknowingly charged and deleted the app immediately when I realised it wasn't going to need it. When I got a chance to check my Shopify bill, I reached out to the team. I was 3 days outside their refund window and they would not refund me for the purchase. JOKE.

March 2, 2020

Hello,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We do understand that mistakes can be made and that there may not have been an intention to purchase the plan. We are rigid on our policy to not play favorites, but we are going to take care of you in this case. We are going to honor a full refund at this time, but please reach back to me directly if you have any questions or concerns regarding your account. I am more than happy to help if you wish to continue with our service.

Waylon W | Customer Success Manager

Figured'Art

After spending 3 hours trying to make my popup decent on my website I gave up.

If you have a long scrolling homepage like 95% of people, then no matter if you choose a middle screen or bottom right pop up, it will never be displayed correctly. (basically it is displayed at the bottom right of your PAGE and not your SCREEN), the pop up is not "sticky". Therefore on a long scrolling home page it doesn't make any sense...

Anyway, I finally gave up, uninstalled few hours later the same day, and despite asking for a refund, I still got charged for a MONTHLY fee, (for 3 hours of usage without even being to get the app to work).

Thanks for the scam.

Cheers

February 12, 2020

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that you were having problems with installing your POWr Popup. Please try to do an all pages install to install your popup as this is an issue with the Shopify theme that you're using on your site.

SyVentor

This app has lots of bugs.

If you fool around some, you can eventually get a popup posted, but there will be lots of problems along the way. And some of them simply because of the app. For example, every second time I tapped on a popup, for some reason text was selected on the popup. I tried this on the following devices: iPhone Xs, iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S10, Xiaomi Mi9, MacBook Pro 2012. So this is not an OS problem, or a computing problem.

Somehow I managed to get two popups laying on top of one another. Not sure how I did this. After playing with this for a while, I just restored my previous theme and started again. Thank goodness I had saved it prior to trying this app.

Then there is this unpublish feature. I have no idea what it means, how it works, or how to enable it. It seems to me that the term unpublish should mean stop throwing the popup. Never figured this out.

I tried to delete a popup using the delete selection. It doesn't delete. Rather it says to first unsync. OK. So I unsync and tried again. Didn't work. I then deleted the URL locations for the popup thinking this may be related to the delete. Still didn't work. Then I go back and the UnSync option has reverted back to Synced!

I give up! One star. I lose my $3. You shouldn't make the same mistake. If I save one person from this hassle, this review will have been worth my time.

I had a second marketing app installed from a few days ago and noted that they had an option to post popups also. So I tried with that app. Got everything working inside of 30 minutes. The results are clean. I'm not going to post the name lest someone think I am only trying to promote the other product.

UPDATE: The developer posted a response to my review, and I was offered the opportunity to make additional comments. These are my comments.

I'm sure there are explanations for everything I mentioned. It took the developer 500 words and multiple paragraphs to offer some explanations, which is exactly my point. The app is not intuitive. Delete doesn't always mean delete. Unsync doesn't always mean Unsync. So on and so on.

Modern software needs to be intuitive. Nobody wants to study a user manual and chat online to learn a piece of software that costs $3.

January 16, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback and so sorry you had to go through all this.

2 pop-ups could be installed on one page with a different purpose.
For example, one shows immediately and the second if your visitor leaves the site.
That is why we have that option to install 2 pop-ups on one page.

Concerning Sync and Unsync features.
Our app cannot be deleted if it is synced with other apps since it will affect all of them.
That is why you could see this warning about to unsync the app before deleting
This feature was made for our customers who has a lot of similar apps installed on different pages/sites and it allows to apply all changes to all synced apps in one click.
Please check this article for more info:

If you want unsync your app, then you would need to click on the unsync and then click on the Publish button to save unsync changes.

Concerning Unpublish.
It's not a button which should do something.
In our dashboard, we are showing the status of your apps:

Draft - (black) This plugin is saved in your account but it was never published on a live website.
Unpublished content - (yellow) This plugin is a live on your website, but your latest changes wasn't published yet.
Published - (green) This plugin is published and live on a website. Any changes made to the plugin are reflected on the website.

Concerning text by tapping on pop-up.
Could you please reach us at support@powr.io and we will be happy to sort this problem out for you.

2 pop-ups could be installed on one page with a different purpose.
That is why we have that option to install 2 pop-ups on one page.

Concerning Sync and Unsync features.
That is why you could see this warning about to unsync the app before deleting
Please check this article for more info:

Concerning Unpublish.
It's not a button which should do something.
In our dashboard, we are showing the status of your apps:

If you are experiencing issues with our Pop-up app or other app, please reach us on support@powr.io and we will be happy to help you!

Previous 1 3 4