Sell & test your next product
Sell and gauge demand via our next-generation pre-order system.
Collect pre-order revenue
List your next product much earlier and start collecting pre-orders. (estimated shipping date shown)
Charge customers later
Capture orders today, send payment links when you’re ready. keeping pre-orders in their own system until paid.
You shouldn’t have to wait until stock hits your warehouse to list your next product.
PreProduct lets brands capture pre-orders for future products at any point in the new product cycle. Allowing you to gauge demand and re·coup cash quicker. Payment links are only sent out when you trigger them, so you’re completely in control (and legally compliant).
Why use PreProduct?
• Validate and gauge demand for future products
• Capture pre-orders at any stage in the new product process
• Send payment links when you’re ready (whether that’s before or after ordering stock)
• Manage inventory and purchasing in a more precise way
• Collect revenue earlier and recoup cash quicker
• Lightweight on the front-end to keep your site's page speed fast
• Customise your email campaign and payment links
• Send out payment links in your own time
• Monitor and edit pre-orders within their own system
• Customise front-end wording and colours
• Set custom shipping dates, discounts and other customer-facing information.
• Accept multiple variant/quantity pre-orders.
• List specific variants and set optional max order limits. Payment links can also be sent out by variant.
• Customer portals - each customer has their own specific URL, where they can monitor and update their pre-orders
• Integrates with Shopify and the native inventory/order/checkout system
Types of product listing:
• Customers sign-up to buy the product, with the understanding that their payment link will be sent to them in the future (extended delivery time + early bird discount options included).
• Customers sign-up to buy the product with the understanding it won’t come to market unless a minimum number of sales is reached (extended delivery time + early bird discount options included). • Payment links are emailed out when your sales target is met or when you trigger payment links from the dashboard. • Payment link emails are triggered from the PreProduct dashboard.
How does PreProduct work?
- Create a future product listing through PreProduct in the Shopify admin dashboard.
- Choose your listing type. If crowdfunding, enter how many orders you would need to bring the product to market. Also, how long until you would ship the orders.
- The product will then appear in your storefront, but instead of a buy button, there will be a PreProduct widget that will explain the situation, as well as facilitate pre-orders/email-captures from customers.
- These pre-orders will appear in your PreProduct dashboard. Once you’re ready for the pre-orders to transact, you can trigger payment link emails from the PreProduct dashboard. If you don’t trigger payment links, that’s the end of it, no further expectations.
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 14-day free trial
Charge customers later
Automated payment links
Customise your email campaign
No PreProduct branding + customise colours
Perfect for Shopify Plus stores
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
This is a great app to create buzz and accept pre-orders on new products without collecting payments. The app is easy to use. Oli is amazing to work with, going above and beyond and communicating clearly with quick turn arounds. I highly recommend!
Oh Happy Home
Great app that means you can pre-sell product without taking payment at the time. I wanted this option as I was unsure of when my product would arrive. Once products arrived I sent one email with all the payment links direct to all the pre-orders. Very simple. Customer service was very prompt and helped me sort out some initial kinks in the beginning.
This app is really unique and easy to set up, with some features that I have not found in any other app. The support is REALLY helpful and you can count on them anytime you need. If I could I would give Pre Product a million stars, that is the best app ever!