Sell future products
Gauge demand for future products via email sign-ups, pledges or pre-orders.
Collect pre-order revenue
Collect order commitments/revenue from customers before investing in stock.
Start capturing orders today
Capture order commitments today, send payment links when you’re ready.
Types of product listing:
• Collect email addresses from customers who want to know when your product’s available.
• Similar to crowdfunding. Customers sign-up to buy the product with the understanding it won’t come to market unless a minimum number of sales is reached (extended delivery time + early bird discount options included).
• Payment links are emailed out when your sales target is met or when you trigger payment links from the dashboard.
• Customers sign-up to buy the product, with the understanding their payment link will be sent to them in the future (extended delivery time + early bird discount options included).
• Payment link emails are triggered from the PreProduct dashboard.
Why use PreProduct?
• Validate potential future products via pre-orders
• Validate potential future products via email sign-ups
• Orders do not transact unless you trigger payment link emails.
• Choose when to charge your customers
• Unlock new revenue from your existing customers
• Test new releases before investing in stock
• Validate your next big idea before starting the new product development process
• Stealth mode: product is hidden from your store once the test is complete
• Collaborate with influencers on co-branded products. Drive traffic to your store with no obligation to fulfil orders unless the target is met
• Set early-bird discounts to reward customers for longer delivery times
• Designed to fit around and respect your website’s aesthetic
How does PreProduct work?
- List a future product through PreProduct in the Shopify admin dashboard.
- If using a sales target, enter how many sales/email-captures you would need in order to be convinced to bring the product to market. Also, how long you would need to fulfil the order.
- The product will then appear in your storefront, but instead of a buy button, there will be a PreProduct widget which will explain the situation, as well as facilitate the pre-orders or email-captures from customers.
- We’ll email customers a payment link to your site’s cart (or send you a list of email addresses for an email validation test). If you don’t reach your target or trigger payment emails, that’s the end of it, no unsold stock or further expectations.
• A new colour-way of an existing product. • A collaboration product with an influencer, he/she can drive traffic to your store without any obligation for you to fulfil the orders if the target is not reached. • A breakthrough idea that one of your team has been dying to try.
*Not suitable for single-page websites (i.e. all buy-buttons are on the front page)
See the app in action
Explore how the app works in an example store.View example store
Pricing 20-day free trial
Sell or test any kind of future product
Unlimited future product listings
Automated email/payment links with customers
* All charges are billed in USD. Recurring charges, including monthly or usage-based charges, are billed every 30 days.
Most recent reviews
Great way to make sales before buying stock, also helped us release new products. Customer service polite and helpful