This app was great in the beginning, and then it got slower the more I used it.
As of 8/21, I can no longer log in, when attempted it states
"We're sorry, but something went wrong.
If you are the application owner check the logs for more information."
Reported a few issues to no resolve.
1. Added a product to track produced 3 trackers of the same product for some reason
3. After adding a few trackers, trackers would occasionally not show up on the dashboard.
If the app worked correctly it would be the best repricing app on Shopify.
Until these items are resolved, it'll remain a 1-star app in my book.
Pricespy fixed a lot of the issues and fixed their backend! Super thankful!
1 issue remains and I'm hoping they can get it resolved quickly.
In summary – I believe app performance is now dramatically improved.
We just finished a big round of improvements in response to your review. PriceSpy has collected over 16 million price points since launch, so unoptimized database queries were finally causing requests to time out.
Here's what I did to improve performance:
- Provisioned a new server to process price updates
- Upgraded an overloaded database responsible for coordinating various jobs in the system
- Optimized two key views, which lead to performance improvements in other parts of the app
Note this was purely a performance problem – the app was working correctly otherwise (albiet very slowly).
Can you try again and let me know how it goes? Thank you!