Printful: Print‑on‑Demand

Printful: Print‑on‑Demand

by Printful

Top rated print-on-demand drop shipping & warehousing service

Amputeez

Serious lack of customer service! When launching a tshirt printing company I assumed it was best to go with a larger company to allow less worry on my part on working out back end logistics with a smaller, local company. I was so wrong!

It wasn't uncommon for my customers to wait 2 weeks or more for a simple tshirt! When attempting to contact Printful for an update, it typically takes at least 24 hours for an email response, and don't bother trying to chat them through they're website, they're never on.

In addition, two of my customers received low quality/damaged products and Printful asked for clearer pictures of the damage. How does that sound...hey Mr. Customer the damaged product that you received, I'll need a clearer picture of the poor quality before I can reimburse you?!?! JUST TERRIBLE! One of my products was also returned to them and THEY provided the wrong return address and won't reimburse now that the package is lost in the mail with nowhere to go.

I have never been so surprised with customer service, it's like trying to deal with a bad telecommunications provider! I have since gone with a small local company who treats me much better and I also have the satisfaction of helping out another small business owner. AVOID THE PRINTFUL AT ALL COSTS!

Lrksupplyco

no wholesale pricing...

prices are way too high.

they are making more money on your ideas then your website is making...

Shine Vessels

Great concept, poor execution. If you're a brand that plans on getting premium products with this service you will be disappointed. There are a number of serious issues with using Printful. I tested this for my business and determined the quality was simply not there.

1. The production, fulfillment and shipping times are way too long. Once the order is place, 3-7 days for picking and production and another 3-5 for shipping. In a world of amazon prime, customer expectation doesn't leave much room for a 10-12 day wait period for a tee.
2. What they don't mention is the DTG inks are plastisol. Common in low-end or novelty tee printing but if you're planning on selling a branded $22-$28 tee Printful is going to under deliver. Plastisol is a PVC-based ink so after it's done the shirt feels like there's a sticker on it and no actually printed into the fabric. It's also non-breathable so if you're wearing it in the sun...good luck.
3. My test shirts had blemishes in the art and a few of them weren't even centered on the shirt. It looked rushed.
4. The inks weren't even matched properly so colors didn't transfer from design.

I reached out to their customer service with my concerns with zero follow-up. There's also no phone number to talk to customer service so you're pretty much on your own.

Beware, if it's too good to be true it normally is...

Colorado Duds

Update 1/10/18 This place is such a joke. They screwed up a jacket for a customer then said it was because of my mistake when ordering. I reversed the charges on my credit card and after a week and screen shots of my order being placed correctly, they decided to credit me back after I said not to because I had already reversed the charges. Now I get a note from their fraud investigator stating I owe them the price paid plus $15 to pay for the chargeback. Not happening and i'll dispute that on my card as well.

Update 5/9/16 I took off another star today after another customer complaint (in a string of complaints) regarding the BAD quality of printing. The same printing that i've complained about for years from this company and each time get the excuse that it was a one time mistake.

This place has gone DOWN HILL. I've been using them since 2013 and the quality has gone down, the customer service has gone down, and the response time for emails has gone down. Seriously don't intend on getting a response back within 2-days. They send out "urgent messages" if something is wrong with your order or shipping address but it's not treated as urgent once you update. They don't let you know that an item is out of stock until the very last day of their 7-day shipping window so by that time, you look like an idiot telling your customer that their item is out of stock a week after they ordered it. I occasionally order test shirts just to keep up on their quality and EVERY one has had something wrong with it that they claim is a one time mistake. If their shipper loses a shipment, you get to pay to have another item shipped. Unfortunately, I am stuck with them for now.

The Purple Elephant Campaign

Printful is VERY BAD at customer service. When asking about shipping dates and confirming delivery times with staff on more than one occasion.. packages were delivered late to customers after being promised they would be delivered on time and no refund was provided to us or our customers. Nor a solution to reship products on time after discovering they would be late.

CEO was of no assistance or help and does not see value in customer relations.

Harvest Sew

Pros: Easy to use

Cons: I ordered from them twice for a total of 6 shirts. I was only satisfied with 1 of the shirts I ordered. I called and voiced my complaints but they didn't really help me. For example, I sent a tag design to be printed on a shirt, I mistakenly picked a shirt that did not have a removable tag so what they did was print it on the outside back of the shirt. Granted, Printful tells you that they will print on the outside if the shirt does not have a removable tag. But it's pretty lame that no one would think, "hmm. Maybe someone made a mistake and we should notify him before printing a tag with sizes and washing instructions on the outside of this shirt." But no, they printed it and sent it to me. When I tried talking to my personal "guru" that they assign you, he wasn't able to help me at all. No one was. It was basically my fault. Basically, you are treated like a consumer and if you're serious about running a business, that's not a good thing. You need a partner you can work with that will take responsibility for their mess ups and that's just not Printful.

Seth Todd

First, This app is simple and easy to use but there are a few things that turned me from this "Company". I am a 18 year old college student that is trying to make a living off his brand which he has dreamed about for a long time... I am a christian, I respect others hoping for respect back. I guess thats not always true. Recently I ordered two of my shirt designs, they met all the requirements for size and DPI. They were simple and clean, and they had bible verses on them. Craziest thing though, I got home and was excited to see those two shirts I ordered were on the porch. I grabbed the bag and opened the first one, the quality was sad and was disappointing. Then I open the second excited to see what it could be. Real soon I was in awe... To my discomforting surprise the shirt I had was a christian fish which I know very well, I mean its a simple great design. This one was a whole lot different though... This fish had horns on it and 666 in the middle. Now I know what I ordered and I know where my heart is. I am very disgusted and sad at prihtful for this mistake or crude joke I don't know what it is... but I do know one thing, If one of my customers were to get that shirt I would be done and they would have killed the dream of a 18 year old college student trying to shoot for his dreams. This is why I respectively resign the use of prihtful and all there product. I urge you to order a sample before you use them, make sure they will be true to you.
Prihtful thank you for your time, I pray you will fix your faults and grow to be a better company. I still respect who you are and what you do, but I am disappointed in your choices and the way you carried out this matter.

Former customer,
Seth Todd

Pure Hearts International

LATER ADDITIONAL NOTE here at the top: I did go to Merchify and they are HEAVEN! They have the instant sync between the Shopify platform and their dashboard that this outfit, Printful, completely and sorely lacks. See the below and my glowing review at Merchify's app site:

**************

I'm a card carrying member of MENSA and have subscribed to their magazine for decades. I also owned and operated a software company that sold around the world digitally in the 1990s long before it was fashionable with 4,000+ customers in 40+ countries around the world (including China, long before they hardly had any internet penetration).

I know good software and I know bad software. And a large part of the determining factor of how good a software is less in the coding, and more in the user friendly simplicity and simple, straightforward instructional help.

On this basis alone, not even to mention the fulfillment issues that others have noted below, I am finding this whole process a little terrifying. And like I mentioned above, I'm a member of MENSA and have been online since 1988.

The fulfillment issues warn me that if I manage to put in the hundreds of hours that it appears necessary to effectively interface with their cognitively disorganized mess of multiple videos here and there and everywhere vainly trying to point back to one of the most poorly designed "dashboards" that I have ever seen, that I'll be rewarded in the end by fulfillment problems that others here that have waded thru all of this have discovered.

They escalated me to their head support guy and it hasn't improved much. When you have to be a professional graphics designer to do business with these companies, something is wrong. They haven't thought thru their business model properly to make it work with the masses of people out there. Native intelligence should be all that is necessary, not narrow professional training in a specific field. In today's world, good programming and good instructions should be able to make the latter no longer necessary.

I am still looking at ThePrintful but I am now also looking at Merchify hoping that they might hold themselves to a higher standard. I'll probably be writing a review over there shortly.

I am like another reviewer here in the sense that IF there is a DTG printer out there that has an APP out there with a dashboard that

1. uploads the graphic in one place and has all of the variants and instructional videos and what not in one visual place to STEP BY STEP take the person thru the process instead of leaving GAPS AD INFINITUM in what actually needs to be done, let me know.

2. Then uploads THEIR products into my Shopify store so that I can sell their products as affinity type items with my company's logo on it,

LET ME KNOW!

I'll be there faster than you can say boo. :)

PS Their customer service and tech support is reasonably prompt and they try to be helpful, but I don't think they "get" how poor their interface is with the non-graphic-designer public.

Take A Hike

I've been using Printful for a few weeks now. I really love the concept because it allows me to attempt to start a T-Shirt (brand) company at a low investment. The 2 stars are for 1) their awesome customer service and 2) for the print quality. Some people complained about print quality but so far I have been happy, despite the placement of my logos not matching the product mockup. The customer service is by far their best attribute, while it is impossible to receive real-time customer service, the responses are generally quick and extremely helpful. All the replies from different team members and genuinely helpful.

I would like to offer more of their products to my customers, but the costs are just so high that it's impossible to offer them at a reasonable rate. Example 1: their cheapest mug is $10 and shipping it is $11, so I am charged $21 for a mug: JOKES! I wouldn't want to charge over $12 in the first place for a cheap white mug so charging $25+ to my customers is out of the question. Example 2: their 12x16 canvas is $45 and shipping it is $36, meaning we're already at an unreasonable cost to me of $81: forget about it. My customers don't want to pay $100 for a tiny Cavas of my photography.

PROS:
- Customer Service
- Print Quality
- No overhead
- Little to no risk

CONS:
- Extremely high costs of goods
- High Shipping rates
- Product printing can differ from your mockup
- Extremely slow shipping

Overall I am happy with the service because it enables me to test out a market for a brand I wish to create at very little cost to myself. Because I am trying to create a brand rather than make money, I can use Printful. If you are looking to make money, look elsewhere, unless you already have a client base. If you price your products reasonably, your profit margin will be extremely low.

I am using Printful in hopes of building a brand within the next 8-14 months. If I don't succeed, no big deal as the cost is nominal. If I do succeed, I can drop Printful, print local and start making money! Either way: Printful did its job.

*If not for terribly slow shipping and most products being too expensive, I would rate 4-5 stars*

July 13 EDIT:

Fulfilment and Shipping are beyond irritating. I haven't marketed my new store yet so it's Family and Friends only... which makes it even more embarrassing. Point in case: my friend put an order in June. It was shipped June 26. 20 days later, she has yet to receive the product. It's ridiculous. I'll never have repeat customers with this kind of bogus shipping service. And I'm in Toronto! I can't imagine if it were an order outside of North America. I have another order that was placed July 5..... 8 days later and the only update is "Sorting Completed" so it has yet to be fulfilled, let alone shipped. JOKES

Changing my Final Verdict Rating to 1 STAR. Unless Printful helps me out and fixes some serious issue then I can lift the rating to 3-5 stars depending on service provided.

GhostSoles

Thought it was cool until i ordered myself a sample, needless to say its been 3 weeks, no sample, tracking number hasn't been updated at all, no responses to my emails, I can't trust you guys with my customers, i'm reversing the transaction just incase you think you can outsmart me. I wouldn't waste my time folks, nothing good here.