Printful: Print‑on‑Demand

Printful: Print‑on‑Demand

by Printful

Top rated print-on-demand drop shipping & warehousing service

SkylarStyle

I hadn't had many issues with Printful up until this Pandemic happened. Unfortunately it seems that this pandemic has caught them off guard and now they are in over their heads. They went from the normal 3-5 business days to 7-10 business now I've recently been informed that is has been extended even further to 15-20 business days. That's almost a whole month in real time to a customer. No customer wants to wait that long. If they were ordering something from China or somewhere else overseas then that's to be expected but not from somewhere on US soil. I was told that during this time they're only operating out of 2 of their facilities with minimal staff while they've closed the other facilities. I'm like, "Hello, you guys are a fulfillment company... closing your facilities should not be an option when you have thousands of customers depending on you to fulfill their online orders!" Our customers are placing orders with us everyday and we're submitting those orders to Printful everyday so it's only making them even more backed up with orders... everyday! I also, hate how they will fulfill orders in a random order meaning they will fulfill an order that I submitted a a week ago when there are still lots of orders that I submitted a week before that waiting to be fulfilled. That makes no sense to me and it's not fair to the customers still waiting while another customer who ordered a week after them gets to receive their order before them. What happened to first come, first served? When I ask them to please fulfill my older orders because they are top priority, they give me some lame excuse about their policy then all of a sudden I have to cancel an order from 2 weeks ago because they refused to do what I asked. Great customer service means listening to your customers and trying to handle their orders the way they would like you to do so. We are the ones in direct communication with our customers. Printful doesn't know when a customer is threatening to cancel their order if it doesn't get fulfilled soon so that's the reason I'm reaching out them to in the first place. Doesn't seem like they care if you're not a huge customer to them. Overall, there has to be a smarter way for them to operate business. As big as they are, I would think they would know how but I guess not. They went from extending to 7-10 (3 day time span) to 15-20 (5 day time span) business days in less than a month. They had the nerve to tell me that they have everything under control... well it sure doesn't look like it. Men lie, women lie but numbers don't. Having things under control would not result in the fulfillment times getting longer and having to disable sample orders so they can focus on fulfilling the regular orders. Since no one knows when the pandemic will ever be over, what's next 25-30 business days?? Printful needs to fix this issue fast. I can't keep having to cancel orders and losing money because customers are tired of waiting.

5/11/20 - My reply to Printful's reply from 5/9...
Just like I guessed it, their fulfillment time has now been pushed back even longer to 20-25 days. I encourage anyone who is thinking about using Printful for t-shirt fulfillment right now to ask yourselves if you are ready to have your customers wait a whole month for the t-shirt(s) they ordered? Printful has not been consistent whatsoever since the Pandemic started. The moment you have updated all of your customers on one extended time period, Printful comes right back and extends it even longer then expects you to go back again and inform all of your customers about the newly extended time frame. This is not fair to my customers who start to feel like they are being "BS'd around" because they are being told one extended time and patiently waiting then being told a week or so later that the fulfillment time will be even longer. That doesn't help the future of my company one bit nor does it help me gain repeat customers. Who wants to put the trust and reliability of their company in the hands of another company who isn't upholding their end of the bargain? Nobody that's who! It really feels like Printful is using this pandemic as an excuse to prolong fulfillment instead of prioritizing getting orders out in a timely fashion. As you see in Printful's response that they are working hard to get the orders out in a timely fashion well from my experience, there is absolutely NO truth in that statement... it is completely false. I'm so tired of having to email and message all of my waiting customers and inform them of the new and even longer extended fulfillment times. It has caused some customers to cancel their orders and demand refunds and I can't afford to keep doing that. I'm in the business of making money not losing it all because the fulfillment company is taking forever to fulfill the orders. I recommend anyone looking to sell t-shirts online to either find you a local print shop with DTG printers who can fulfill your orders quickly or invest in your own DTG printer and fulfill your own orders. I'm personally looking into both of those options. It's not cool to be at the mercy of a large fulfillment company, not have any kind of control over how quick your orders get shipped out and not be a priority whatsoever. I'm so over it.

May 9, 2020

Thank you for your review and for your feedback on our fulfillment times.

We're sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been great, but we hope we can improve it moving onward.

To give you a short summary of the past estimates we've offered: our average fulfillment times for custom products used to be 2-7 business days for apparel and 2-5 business days for non-apparel orders, you can see what goes into these estimates here: https://www.printful.com/faq/getting-started/6-how-long-does-it-take-for-my-order-to-be-processed-

Although the majority of orders was shipped out within 4 business days, we did not guarantee fulfillment times faster than 7 business days. unless you used our warehousing services, in which case we would be able to fetch the already printed and fulfilled items and ship them out within a couple of business days on average.

Unfortunately, the global pandemic has also hit CA and NC, which is where we have two of our fulfillment locations and the government has issued the "Safer from Home" orders, which means that we've had to limit our production at these facilities and distribute incoming orders to our other (MX and EU) facilities, as well as look for backup facility options.

This situation is very dynamic and updating constantly, you can see the very latest Covid-19 updates and fulfillment estimates here: https://www.printful.com/covid-19

We're doing the best we can to ensure that all of our customer orders still get fulfilled in a timely fashion and that every issue that's presented to us is quickly assessed and met with a solution, keeping the health of our employees, as well as our customer businesses in mind.

We recommend checking out our advice on how to handle this crisis as an online business owner in our blog: https://www.printful.com/blog/covid-19-and-online-stores/

and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vYp4iBq4UE

Feel free to also reach out to us at feedback@printful.com, if you have any additional feedback, as well as any questions or concerns!

Down For Mobbing

If I could give this no stars I would!

This company has a very user friendly website and is much better than the order apps on here, BUT.... holy sh*t is the print bad! Every time they have printed something for me, it's been wrong. When I contact them about the problem they are VERY fast to turn it around on me and point the finger at me.

I've been a graphic designer for 5+ years now with printing expirance and I know how to size my art onto clothing. Yet every time an order is printed the logo on the fron is way off and the back logo is super small.

Dealing with all these problems has resulted in me looking bad and having nothing but complaints from customers that are spending their hard earned money with me. NOT HOW YOU WANT TO GO OUT IN THE FIRST MONTH OF OPENING. Printful needs to own up to their problem and make things right.

April 28, 2020

Hi, thank you for your review, we really appreciate it! We're very sorry to hear that you have encountered some issues with printing and customer service! Our team would definitely investigate the situation to best understand what may have happened with the product and help with resolving the situation.

We would definitely like to know more about your experience with the quality of the printing and inspect the situation closer, so we'll follow-up with you via email shortly!

alljoestars

Greedy people with overpriced products and decent service. I don't recommend you guys to use this platform all you gonna get is few pennies of profit and everything goes to Printful.

April 28, 2020

Hi there, thank you for your review, we really appreciate it! We understand that our prices may not be suitable for all our users, but we do try to excel in other aspects of our company. We provide free integrations with multiple ecommerce platforms that allow you to add products to your storefront and automate the order import/fulfillment process. We also have a dedicated fulfillment team that takes care of your orders during the production and we fulfill all orders in-house. Additionally, we provide 24/7 customer support so that you can reach us whenever if you have any questions or concerns about your orders or our services.
We are lowering costs on some of our products and features whenever possible, so our users can use their funds toward building their store and brand. We are still a growing company and we are looking for ways how to improve our services and catalog even more, so, hopefully, we are able to add more products as we move along to provide a broader selection with a wider price range.

If you have any questions or anything else you'd like to share about your time with us, be sure to let us know at feedback@printful.com!

MRCH

Edit: Had to change to a 1 star review. This is by far the worst customer service I've ever experiences. Would absolutely not recommend using Printful for your business.

I was really excited to use this app for my online shop, but I've had some bad experiences with my test orders. The customer service can be a bit rude and it feels like they do not read your messages at all before sending a standard reply that does not answer your questions.
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to look for a different print on demand service.

April 28, 2020

Hi, thank you for your review! We're very sorry to hear that you haven't had a positive experience with our customer service! It's definitely important that you receive proper information to your inquiries and we will certainly review the quality of communication you've received. It is important to us that you receive the best customer support and your feedback is truly valuable for improving our team.
We'll also follow-up with you via email to learn more about your time with us and assist with resolving the situation!

Astroscope Shop

Very bad service
When setting the price, they wrote "Your profit is $ 10", as a result, my profit turned out to be -1.68 $ due to delivery and taxes. Thank you for not warning

April 14, 2020

Hi, thank you for your review! The product cost doesn't include tax or shipping, therefore, the profit would only refer to the product price. When adding a product, on the page where you can set the retail price, we have added a disclaimer that shipping and taxes are extra, so that our users are aware and can better decide upon the retail price for the product.

We'll follow up with you via email on this as well!

Peach Moon Boutique

Terrible. I just made a sample order and the estimated shipping time they gave me was completely different after I checked out. Then I messaged someone about the issue and was told " I see, thanks for reaching out. Have a great day." Very rude and smartass employee. Terrible customer service and I will never order refer or order from them again. Shipping times are not what they claim to be!

March 17, 2020

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you sharing your experience!
We're truly sorry to see that it has not been positive thus far, but look forward to improving it in the future.

The main issue you mention is related to the differences in fulfillment vs shipping times. Our fulfillment time is 2-7 business days, you can see what goes into fulfillment time here: https://www.printful.com/faq/shipping-packaging-fulfillment/6-how-long-does-it-take-for-my-order-to-be-processed-

However shipping time estimates fully depend on the shipping rate you select upon checkout. You can see more on this here: https://www.printful.com/shipping

We also wanted to thank you for bringing your concerns with the quality of our support team to our attention.
We will be reviewing our correspondence, to see how we could improve and truly offer the best customer support in the industry!

Pet Lovers Gift Shop

Ridiculously slow! Fulfilment and delivery up to one month! That will hurt anyones business as no-one want's to wait that long for their product. Sure, they'll tell you that fulfilment is within 2-7 business days, but we have already waited 5 days without anything happening to our order. Add 2-7 business day for the fulfilment and then the delivery time on top of that, and we'll have lost a repeat customer!

REPLY TO PRINTFUL: The order was placed on the 5th March. We were then given an estimated fulfilment time from 10th - 17th March plus shipping time of 3-4 business days on top. So 5 days just waiting, then up to another 7 days in production plus 3-4 business days for delivery. That means the customer had to wait up to 20 days for their product. It's the initial 5 days where nothing happens that's the real problem here.

March 10, 2020

Thank you for your review!
We're sorry to see that you have encountered these concerns with our estimated fulfillment times and I would like to give you some additional details on this.
We take 2-7 business (working) days to fulfill orders of custom products and you can see what goes into the fulfillment process in our FAQ here: https://www.printful.com/faq/shipping-packaging-fulfillment/6-how-long-does-it-take-for-my-order-to-be-processed-, then you would add shipping time to this estimate. Most of our orders are fulfilled within 3 business days.

Please not that if 5 days have already passed, you would not need to add an additional 2-7 business days to the estimate. You can see the estimated fulfillment timeframe for the order by opening it up in your Printful Dashboard > Orders. It looks like your order is currently already gone through quality check and should be packaged and shipped relatively soon.

If you have any additional feedback, as well as any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at feedback@printful.com!

Pupsipet.com

Pale and dead colors.

March 7, 2020

Hi, thank you for your review! I'm sorry to hear that there are some concerns about the quality of the print on the received items! We see that you have reached out to our team and we'll be happy to assist in resolving the situation!

Crespo's Store

They used to be very fast sending the products from 1 to 3 days now they take a week to send the orders to any store that is respected absolutely this processing time is unacceptable, very satisfactory company change with SPOD more than 20 daily shipments the same day every day.

March 5, 2020

Thank you for your review!
We're sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been positive thus far, but hope we can improve it moving forward.
We take 2-7 business days to fulfill apparel orders and 2-5 business days for non-apparel orders. That said, most of our orders are sent out within the first three days. You can see our fulfillment times explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47yZLpHn8Kw
We are always working on updating our services, which is why we truly appreciate your feedback on your experience!

BeanieTail

I had my FIRST order 6 days ago...now 6 days later,they just 'picked' order...they said I ordered 4 days ago,but I definitely didn't....so another 1-2 day,maybe 3 to fulfill....then goes the shipping time....nice,my first order...very nice

December 10, 2019

Hi there, thank you for your review! Our fulfillment timeframe is 2-7 business days for apparel items and 2-5 business days for non-apparel products. Although we will try to fulfill your order as quickly as possible, we do ask to consider the full fulfillment timeframe when submitting an order. The delivery time is additional to the fulfillment timeframe, so make sure you select a shipping method that is suitable for your needs.

We see that your order is now fulfilled and should be shipped out soon!

In case you have any questions on this, surely let us know at feedback@printful.com!