Printful: Print‑on‑Demand

Printful: Print‑on‑Demand

by Printful

Top rated print-on-demand drop shipping & warehousing service

Societal

So far so good. Good customer service, Nice platform. We would give printful 5 starts except for one major - hiccup we have encountered two months in we have spotted a huge problem which we wish we spotted before. It will not apply to everyone, but most certainly to businesses who focus on selling one or five products i.e. tshirts. Read on if this is you and consider alternatives if printful do not can up with a solution to this. The Biggest draw back is that if you have a large range of designs (0ver 1000 like us) that you intend to use on say 1 product and they suddenly discontinue the product you will be in big trouble (the end of the world) as there is no way to easily replace the one products you have 1000 designs that took you two months to upload if the tshirt is discontinued. In fact if you change your mind and simply want to change the t-shirt the 1000 designs are printed on you can not. It will take months. Even worst still if you have 3 products and all are discontinued in the same month, this could then take you again months just to recreate and sync 1000 designs - it will kill your website and google will most likely blacklist you or ignor you in the future as you will have thousands of broken links. Its something that has only just occurred to us and we are worried......... Surely there must be a quick way to replace a discontinued product without having to create all 1000 products i.e. tshirts again? I think this is where for example DBH platform trumps as they offer the ability for the customer the ability to choose the product that they want the design on as opposed to the other way, but that platform is not available to us as its a private business. Like i said i dont know what we would do if the most popular tshirt we are uploading 1000 designs on gets discontinued on the printful platform, but hopefully printful will come up with a solution before then. Otherwise it maybe the end for us even before we have taken off. Or we may just have to start looking around now and migrate items to another platform. But hopefully not after all this work.

21 May 2020
Thanks for the quick response. As I said i think from reviews and my experience so far has been generally positive. The other issue that would be fixed with the above is that when products become redundant as we've found after creating 250 in the last month. My shopify site is left with lots of 404 errors. Would be good if the prihtful app created redirects as my site is new and this badly affects my listings in google. The images that get uploaded to my shopify site are also in google listing that helps attract people to the site, so when you completely and automatically make a product redundant and pull it from the store along with the images this is not good. Better to leave the product in place so I can benefits from the pictures listed in google and let me have the opportunity to set up a redirect.

Why cant i also go straight into a discontinued product and change it within the product information section like changing a printfile. surely that would be easier and cleaner seo wise etc?

Sorry one more issue, why cant i select any alternative for my products it seems to be limited to what your system feels is the best alternatives which is not good. Its its getting it wrong in some instances?

May 13, 2020

Hi, thank you for your review! We really appreciate it!
I'm glad to hear you have been having a good time with our customer service and platform in general!
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on the product update functionality! As you have noted, it isn't currently possible to update the entire product (or bulk update multiple products) with a new item, in case the initial product is discontinued or if you would like to change it. This is a limitation on our end, but I can definitely understand how a feature which would allow updating the products would be useful, especially if you have many products with the same item. I have passed along your feedback about this feature to our development team for further consideration and I hope we are able to find a solution for this.

Thanks again for your input, it is definitely useful for us to know what features and products you would like to see available on our platform!

Update:

Hi, thank you for your review update!

Regarding product redirects, if products are removed from your store, it will cause a 404 error when trying to access that product in your store. Unfortunately, we can’t create redirects to a new product on our end, but you could consider checking in with Shopify support to see if something like this could be set up in your store’s admin for the products.

As for discontinued products and changing them - it is possible to change the product to a different item. This can be done by going to the Printful app -> Products -> Discontinued -> Edit -> find the discontinued variant -> click “Edit” -> click “Back to browse” in the upper left corner of the pop-up window and this will take you to the catalog where you can select a new item.

Regarding available alternatives - at the moment, not all items will have comparable alternatives or have limited alternative selection, so we are offering the closest substitutes you could use. As we are adding more products to our selection, the options for alternatives will also increase.

Thanks again for your feedback and input, we certainly appreciate it!
In case there's anything we can help with or if there's anything else you'd like to share about your time with us, be sure to let us know at feedback@printful.com anytime!

Art of Nor

Updating product specs and mockup is a breeze. Just wish they have more diversity in the poster mockups.

May 8, 2020

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate it!
We are constantly working to bring even more new and diverse mockups your way, which is why we truly appreciate your feedback on this. :)

WRDS & WSDM

This is an update to my previous review:

The Printful customer service team really restored my faith in them again and dealt with my complaint effectively and professionally. I've read some negative comments regarding Printful's customer service, so didn't have high expectations, however, it was fantastic! I received my ordered samples and the prints came out perfect!! I hope that all of my future orders will carry the same level of quality print! Once this has been proved I will give a full 5* review!

Thank You Printful.

The Printful integration and ease of use are amazing, as is the quality of the their t-shirts. Unfortunately this is where it ends. I'm a new business and have already experienced issues with print quality that have made me lose confidence in this Company. My sample orders of simple white text, printed onto black and navy shirts are gritty, rough and not pure white (the shirt is actually visible through the ink). I've recently placed one of my first customer orders and the print quality on the hoodie is completely embarrassing (I've had to give a refund). Printful customer service have told me the the print would look 'Vintage' because the hoodie is not 100% cotton! I am very disappointed and will have to consider looking for a new supplier, as Printful seem unable to cope with recent demand (due to Covid) and my business will suffer as they are outsourcing other printers (they've even recently stopped sample orders). I had another order sit waiting for fulfilment for 8 days, which is not acceptable. Printful will ruin me before I've even had the chance to establish myself. Finally, the cost of items once VAT and shipping are added on is just a no go! There will never be any profit to be made and there is no way I will increase my prices to accommodate this with the low level print quality being produced. The only profit makers here are Printful!! Mockup Generator is the best and very simple to use.

April 30, 2020

Update:
Hi, thank you for your updated review! I'm glad to know that we were able to assist and your samples have arrived looking perfect! We're happy to have you as part of Printful and I'm sure that there will be no issues in future orders as well :)

If there's anything we can help with, let us know anytime at feedback@printful.com!

Hi, thank you for your review! We really appreciate hearing about your experience with our services and products!
I’m glad to know you’ve had a positive time with using our integration and with the quality of shirts as well!
Since the products we offer can be different fabric blends as well as thickness, there can also be difference in how the ink adheres to the actual material and how the material influences the final look of the print. We generally recommend ordering samples to see if the actual product as well as the print result is what you are looking for.

As for VAT and shipping, these costs are not calculated into the product price and will be additional costs when checking out an order. You can take a look at our shipping costs for products on this page https://www.printful.com/shipping and read more about taxes right here https://www.printful.com/faq/taxes-and-billing.

Regarding the fulfillment times, due to the global situation with Covid-19, we are working at a reduced capacity at some of our production facilities. While we are working as fast as we can to fulfill all orders, delays can be expected. To help us manage the order volume, we are using services of other facilities, so that the orders can reach our users faster. We have also temporarily disabled the sample order option so we can prioritize regular orders and keep up with the demand. We are keeping our customers updated on our Covid-19 updates page https://www.printful.com/covid-19. These are extraordinary times for all of us and we hope to return back to our normal fulfillment times very soon.

I'll shortly follow-up with your report about the quality of the received product to further assist with resolving the situation!

Foreignspell

I wish the design would automatically push to several surfaces, but otherwise this is a miracle! File upload it easy, customer support is awesome and the products look great. I can't say for sure whether or not they are quality, but I will be ordering samples soon!

April 29, 2020

Hi, thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying using the app! At the moment, designs can only be added to one product at a time, but we definitely appreciate your input on this functionality.
We hope you try out some products with your designs, we're sure the products will turn out great!

If there's anything else you'd like to share about your time with us or if you have any questions, be sure to let us know at feedback@printful.com! We'd love hearing from you!

Carpe Designs

Very flexible for a newbie. I have had my questions answered through chat. One improvement suggestion is while on chat to have it follow you through changing screens.

April 25, 2020

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it!
We also appreciate your suggestion, however this should already be happening.
If you've encountered issues with how our live chat feature works, please reach out to us at feedback@printful.com for help!

The GREEK HUT

It's great as of now, I'm new to Printful, so far so good. It's easy to use, but I had a hard time at first navigating between Printful and Shopify, but after a few hours, a lot of reading and training videos, I got it.

April 17, 2020

Hi, thank you for your review! We're happy to know you are liking our platform so far! I am sorry to hear that you encountered some trouble with navigating between Printful and Shopify at first. Since these are two separate platforms, there are some actions which can only be done in Printful and some only in Shopify. It might take a moment to get used to using them both and getting familiar with all the features, but I'm glad to hear you feel comfortable using the platforms now.

In case there's anything we can help with, be sure to let us know anytime at support@printful.com!

HaSh#TaG

J'aurais pu mettre la 5e étoiles mais par le prix des articles on ne ramasse pas grand choses, je n'ai pas encore tester la qualité pour vraiment en faire un rapport mais je me corrigerais si réellement le rapport qualité prix est là.

April 10, 2020

Merci d’avoir partagé votre avis avec nous! Nous sommes ravis d’avoir vous comme client Printful.
Nous avons de très hauts standards pour les produits que nous offrons sur notre catalogue et espérons que vous les aimeriez.
Il est possible de placer des commandes d’échantillon avec une remise de 20% et la livraison gratuite vers certaines destinations depuis Printful Dashboard > New order (Nouvelle commande) > Sample order (Commande d’échantillon).
Au cas où vous avez des questions complémentaires, n’hésitez pas à nous contacter sur support@printful.com!

V. H. Hess

Overall works pretty good. So far I haven't had any issue pushing devices to my store, and submitting products via the Printful dashboard lets me add the proper categories/collections and tags so that way the smart collections/tags that I created will automatically filter to the appropriate header menus (such as Tops > All-Over Hoodies) without any extra effort. I'll update a few months from now after my vaporwave/80s/90s apparel store actual launches. Thanks!

April 8, 2020

Thank you for your review, we're glad to have you with us. :)
If you encounter any questions or concerns along the way, be sure to reach out to us at support@printful.com!

SPEED RIDER

very good

Rod66

I like printful you have several possibilities to please you especially on hoodies and others it's so good

March 31, 2020

Thank you for your review, we appreciate it.
If you have any additional feedback for us, be sure to reach us at feedback@printful.com!