Printful: Print on Demand

Printful: Print on Demand

by Printful

Top-rated print on demand dropshipping & warehousing service

CleanNotSober

Great idea, bad implementation. The good reviews on here are from people who have never seen the finished product or are ignorant to printing.

50/50 on customer service and the print quality is horrible. For the price you would hope for high quality. Unfortunately to save a couple bucks their printer is set to use minimal ink and it shows on the final product.

If you don't care about quality and are not looking for much profit this is a great resource for you. If you want quality, strike a deal with a local screen printer, the smaller shops are always willing to bargain and you will pay a 1/5 of what these guys charge. That adds up quick, after selling 5 shirts through Printful and turning a meager 20 to 30% profit you could have bought locally and made an 80% profit margin and paid 1/2 for shipping.

Shipping is $5 for a shirt! I pay $2.50 myself and they have bulk discounts!!
The little profit you get is still getting whittled down.

I hope someone else does this right, I could really use the service!

Christopher Steven Art

I've been using printful for the past 3 months with my webstore and they are absolutely amazing. The customer service is top notch, The quality of the product is perfect. The price for products may be a little high however if you want the best quality your going to have to pay for it.

1 Year after using Printful - I'm coming up on a year using this company and I have to say, I've been experiencing what people are saying. Slow turn around time, Low quality printing standards, and sky high printing prices. I would have say about 4-5 months ago I started experiencing these changes. My customers were complaining about defects in clothing products. Printful charges way to much to even make a profit. I would have to say printful is good for when you start your company to see if your products will sell. After that I would recommend finding other print shops if quality, price, and turn around time is your main concern.

Dirty Nails Bloody Knuckles

Printful is a great company to work with
They currently do most of my fulfilment for me and their service is always on point. They're helpful when you reach them, their chat is a great option when you're in a pinch, and I've found that any time I'm in a tough spot with a customer they've stepped up to be helpful and done the right thing to make what could have been a bad customer experience a good one. They seem to understand that their support of me is what makes my support possible for my customers and that's the biggest thing for a company like them. Hoping they continue to expand their product offerings! Awesome to work with would fully recommend to anyone. - chris

The Duke's House

Seamless, extremely easy to use. High shipping prices, but that's a small price to pay for not having to carry inventory when starting your business.

BOBO ACADEMY

We have been using Printful since the launch of our first online shop and plan on continuing to grow using this app! Fantastic products and exceptional customer support! A++++

Let's Buy Local

PROS: Awesome Concept, Awesome App, Awesome Support, Awesome Integration

CONS: Prices are two high to make any real profit so it's a great way to get your brand out there and generate a following and not make any money. Then once you a following stop using them and do everything in house or use a different print company. It's also very hard to setup I had 3 people working on loading 50 designs over the course 2 or 3 months each working 30 hours a week and we finally just got the site going. It works great once you get it setup but there is a lot of prep work you have to do to make it happen.

SUGGESTIONS: I don't know if this possible but if there is anyway you can get the costs down on your products that would be great otherwise your force us to sell T-Shirt for $30 to $35 and lets be honest no one is spending that on t-shirts with all the other t-shirt sites out there selling shirts for $10 to $20 a shirt. The canvas prints we can say is "Art" so we can jack the price up because it's an art print but the bread and butter money comes from t-shirts and posters and if there is no more profit in these things where we can reduce prices. We could never count on this as our main source of business. This is just a nice "extra pocket change" type of businesses. If we could get retail prices down to $19 a shirt with shipping included in that price and get the costs down to $13 with shipping included it would be worth it. The problem is by the time you add shipping your costs are around $20 to $22 depending on sizes so in order to make any money you have to sell them at $30 which is a hard sell. Especially if you want to run promos like free shipping on everything over $75. So I would recommend getting the prices down for re-sellers because your prices are like retail prices not wholesale.

Also.. yeah it would be cool if it was a little easier to setup but we can deal with that at least.. but the prices are a killer..

I would think they are going to shoot themselves in the foot because all your doing is giving us a platform to get our brand out and the first chance our brand takes off we are looking for ways to reduce the cost and the first way to do that is to stop using printful. So I would think they would want to keep our business and the way they do that is lower their prices otherwise I'm just going to use them for a year, get my business going and say good bye to them and do everything either in house or with another company.

VERDICT:
I recommend them still even after my little rant about prices, you can't beat an automated business for $30 a month. Once the designs are done and you recovered your cost there it's pure profit it's just disappointing that there is not more of it because the margins are so slim so we really need to do volume. Which is hard when your selling shirts at $30 a pop. All that said though.. great company.. great people ... quality products.

Ruggedly Beardsome

I can only say nice things about Printful - the integration is solid and my customers are happy with the products! There's really no business quite like an automated one :)

War History Online T-Shirt Store

Not too easy to setup but once it's rolling it's rolling.

Busting Loose

This may be a great app and service but it is not easy to get started and to get Smartify and Printful working together. The video says it is easy, but it has not worked for me and i have been trying it for hours.

United Strands

Great app....We've been using Printful for the past two months and love everything about it. Customer service is great and the back end is simple enough for anyone to use. Thanks for the quality products and seamless integration.