Printful: Print on Demand

Printful: Print on Demand

by Printful

Top-rated print on demand dropshipping & warehousing service

Labyrinthine Crew

It has bugs, importing the wrong retail price from Shopify, and even directly from the website with manual orders. Happened twice on a total of 3 orders. I ended up paying the customs fee 4 times the real price for my last sample-order! I tried to cancel an order which was not yet printed, they told me it was not possible because it was going to be shipped "right now", and if I ask to cancel my order they would not refund the money paid, in reality, the day after it still wasn't printed yet... what a SCAM!?
Customer service giving random replies just to tell something, instead of replying to the specific questions asked to resolve the problems created by their staff. If you order commercial samples they will not declare the products as samples, so the customs will charge you the full retail price, instead of the discounted and regular price. But yeah... then they kindly reply to negative reviews in here, like nothing happened, again! We are going to move all our products to another POD as you clearly showed no interest in keeping your customers and fixing these serious problems you have with your Shopify integration.
I see other people complaining about the same exact problem in here, but you don't care at all about us. NOT RECOMMENDED!
Even the customs told us that this is not a trustable service.

March 11, 2021

Hey there,

Thank you for your review! I’m sorry to hear that you have experienced multiple issues with your orders.

I see that you are currently in direct communication with our support team to investigate the situation with your orders and provide more information! I hope we can improve your time with us moving forward.

UPDATE:
Regarding your order, upon taking a closer look at the communication + investigation you had with our team, we see that the value entered for the products was the default retail price. As for your concerns relating to customs fees, shipments outside of the USA may incur customs fees depending on the destination country. The fee may vary depending on your order value, country limits, and other factors based on the product itself: https://www.printful.com/faq/taxes-and-fees-sub/77-who-pays-the-customs-duties-taxes-

Please note that you are able to cancel any orders that have not started the production process. If your order is already being fulfilled, we would not be able to cancel it.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you! Please feel free to reach us at feedback@printful.com if you have any additional questions or anything else.

- Elina

FB LUXURY FASHION

I purchased some samples on this app at a discounted rate. When the cosignment arrived in my country 3 weeks later, Fedex contacted me for payment of duty and taxes at which point I realised that the invoice Printful had declared to customs was not for the amount I had paid but for the marked up values which meant I was being quoted duty up to 3 times the value of the amount I had paid. Fedex advised that in order to resolve the matter i needed to get in touch with the supplier for resubmission of the commercial invoice. Needless to say my attepts to log a query with Printful were not handled with common courtesy. I communicated with 2 agents via live chat who all said there was nothing they could do to assist. I was informed that the only thing I could do was wait for the goods to be returned to the U.S ofwhich a refund was also not an option. I plan to delete the app once the issue is resolved and definetly would not recommend this app to anyone.

March 5, 2021

Hey there,

Thank you for your review! We're sorry to hear your experience with Printful has not been the most positive, but we hope we can improve it moving forward!

When setting your retail prices or manually editing them, keep in mind that customs agencies often calculate duties/fees based on the declared retail price. The commercial invoice indicates the retail prices of the products.

I understand that customs fees may be frustrating and complicated at times. We would not be able to predict customs fees as it depends on each countries specific laws and we are not in any connection to those. It's the responsibility of the recipient to pay these fees, you can find more information on this here: https://help.printful.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014066159-Who-pays-the-customs-duties-taxes-

We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you! In case there's anything else you'd like to share about your experience with us or if you have any questions, surely let us know at feedback@printful.com we'd love to hear from you!

TRL Clothing

They have too many overpriced items. For example, I would find a hat that cost £10, which is a fair price, but then would be charged £4 for adding my logo, another £4 for VAT, an additional £4 for shipping and so on. This would eventually leave the price of a average quality hat costing £30 meaning that i have to charge higher. This makes no sense, until they can fix their ridiculous high pricing and 2 week shipping i would consider using something else before using.

February 26, 2021

Hi there!

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us!

Regarding our product pricing, we definitely understand that price plays a major role if you're a business owner. And I simply wanted to note that there is a complexity of things behind our pricing that our customers who are running successful businesses are willing to pay for - it's not only the high-quality products, but easy to use integrations with e-commerce, 24/7 support team, and more.
However, we do review the costs of our products, shipping, and features regularly and lower them whenever possible.

If you have any additional feedback, as well as any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at feedback@printful.com!

Designs By Wildside

I wanted to love printful but a month to ship a cup is just way too long. No customer will wait for that and this will not work if you sync your Etsy shop. Customers on Etsy will not wait that long but they can't ever give you a better time. So I am wondering if the mugs are processed in China for that long to get it shipped to anyone.

February 18, 2021

Hi there!

Thank you for your review! We’re sorry to hear your experience with us hasn’t been the most positive.

Covid-19 has affected the whole industry and we understand how frustrating these longer shipping times are. I understand that encountering delays is not pleasant at any time, however, we want to assure you we are doing everything we can to deliver the ordered products to you or your customers as quickly as we can. Note that the tracking links take longer than usual to update. The overload of shipments in distribution centers means carriers are slower to register and ship your orders. We have provided more information on shipping delays on our Fulfillment Updates page, please see it here: https://www.printful.com/fulfillment-updates.

Our White Glossy Mugs are fulfilled in the USA, Australia and Europe. Our system automatically routes the order to the fulfillment center that can fulfill the order the most efficiently based on product and stock availability, a destination address, and other factors.

Please feel free to reach us at feedback@printful.com if you have any additional questions or anything else. We'd love to hear from you!

BERPIA

Too long shipping time or sometimes nothing at all. First it was ok... but the longer you work with it the less the care.

February 17, 2021

Hi there!

Thank you for your feedback! We're very sorry your experience using our services hasn't been the best!

Indeed, at this time there can be delivery delays. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to influence delivery times and we understand that delivery delays are not pleasant. We are seeing the situation slowly improve and I hope we return to normal delivery times soon!
I recommend following our Covid-19 and production-related updates on this page: https://www.printful.com/fulfillment-updates.

We would really like to help you out and fix any problems that have occurred so you can have a better experience using our services moving forward! Please feel free to reach us at feeback@printful.com if you have any additonal comments or questions.

Astroduck Apparel

This is the first time I am writing a negative review about an app, but this is truly ridiculous.
An order for a product went through and looked like it would be fulfilled normally. A full week later, the literal latest the product should have been shipped out, I get a notification that the item is out of stock and the order cannot be fulfilled. When contacting the support they said that I should send the customer a substitute product, WHICH IS NOT WHAT THEY ORDERED. They continued saying that I should remove the product as visible on my store WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVE WARNED BEFORE THE ORDER OCCURED. There is no way that Printful does not know that they are going to be out of stock of a product, yet they issue no warning and expect us to send customers products that they did not order. Printful's integration is extremely easy which is what makes the app attractive initially, but they clearly could not care less about their customers.

February 11, 2021

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we truly appreciate it!

The current situation with pandemic has caused some stock shortages industry-wise, we are continuously communicating with our stock suppliers. We are also unable to keep all the stock in our facilities and some items are ordered on demand, which may add to the stock delays or cases when the items become unavailable unexpectedly. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and we will definitely look into a better way of communicating this with our customers in the future!

Regarding your order, I see you have been in direct communication with our support team, and the problem has been resolved.

If you have any additional feedback or questions, please reach us at feedback@printful.com. We'd love to hear from you!

ALULFE Brands

The worst of the worst. Very bad customer service. 4 out of 5 initial clients were completely disgusted by the time taken to fulfill their purchases. In a couple of cases almost 14 weeks to deliver. In another case, the product simply never arrived. One client received the package that had been opened. Simply pathetic. Do not buy the subscription plan.

January 31, 2021

Hi!
Thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with the orders. Please know that with every issue we urge you to reach out to our support team to get the situation resolved, including opened package which shouldn't have happened - support@printful.com
Our fulfillment time hasn't increased as per our update page (https://www.printful.com/fulfillment-updates), however, right now we are seeing global shipping delays that affect all online orders but we are working with our carriers on a solution for this. We sincerely appreciate your patience!

If you have any other concerns or suggestions, please check in with us at feedback@printful.com

Abby's Apothecary Co

Not worth the subscription plan, not efficient, and when I explained I was moving to a new provider didn't even attempt to ask if they could keep my business. The production times just seem to get longer and longer, I was told my order was printed and sitting waiting to have some review it, its now been 4 days since it was printed. I found Printify to be a more efficient, customer friendly, and responsive service, not to mentioned MUCH better pricing. I've had 11 orders already completed (with Printify) and in transit or delivered in the time I'm still waiting for a face mask from Painful to be reviewed for quality control.

January 31, 2021

Hi! Thank you for your review.
We're sorry to hear that you have had such an experience. Our fulfillment times depend on various factors in the fulfillment process - the products (are they in stock or do we need to order more stock since we are stock-on-demand), the print (if there is more than one print, the garment will have to be printed more than one time), the fulfillment center's capacity. Our estimated fulfillment time is 2-7 business days for most products but we are always working on shortening this. We have checked in with our fulfillment team in regards to your order in hopes to get it out as soon as possible. We sincerely appreciate your patience!

If you have any other concerns or questions, please let us know at feedback@printful.com!

Full Send Diesel

STAY AWAY THE QUALITY IS HORRIBLE!!! I HAD DOZENS OF MY CUSTOMERS COMPLAINING BECAUSE THE PRINTING IS TRASH AND IT WRINKLES AND PEELS OFF AFTER ONE WASH.... THIS IS A HUGE ISSUE THAT PRINTFUL WILL NOT FIX

January 27, 2021

Hi there!

Thank you for sharing your review- we truly appreciate it!

We are sorry to hear you encountered multiple issues with our products. We recommend filling out a Problem Report in your Printful Dashboard> Orders and our support team will get back to you with the best solution. We understand that fulfillment errors can be unpleasant, we are working very hard to make sure we minimize them as much as we can. Our Returns Policy will cover any errors made on our part, read more here: https://www.printful.com/policies/returns

Let us know if you have any questions or anything else at feedback@printful.com!

EPICWINS

Misprinted the first order going to a paid customer. Sort these reviews by "Helpful" and you will see I am far from alone here. - That is it. That should be enough of a review for any business owner. If you need more convincing that I'm not just a failed, salty, get rich quick hopeful, keep reading. Flat out refuses to reprint or refund it. It is an error caused by their negligence. The graphic is so stretched there is a 1/2 inch discrepancy between the top width and bottom width. To add: My first business was a graphic design and printing company that I sold over 15 years ago. Despite my knowledge of printing processes, and file preparation I was told my files were to blame for the abysmal print quality. The same files have printed well on several other products from equal suppliers. Customer support uses ZenDesk and will not answer real questions, but only link to articles on how to fix things. The problem is that these articles about color modes and document set up completely contradict themselves. No matter how you set it up, they have an out to claim you are at fault. I'm a serial entrepreneur that has founded several profitable businesses, and consults for large companies on fixing issues like this. Based on my interactions with Printful customer support, and the quality of product received, I can no longer in good faith recommend this company. They do not have the customer in mind, and more importantly they do not have YOUR future customers in-mind. No hard feelings, about 20 other suppliers exist. All of them with less market share which means they will work for your business, and have more bandwidth for supporting your needs. Right now Printful is Blockbuster, sitting on piles of cash and ignoring customer support requests, because they own the most market share and feel they are too big to fail. What they are failing to see is there are about 35 Netflix like companies waiting to take their customers and treat them well. Do yourself a favor and use one of the other great options. I'm in a fortunate situation where these types of errors won't sink me. That said if I was just starting out and trying to keep costs low this very well may have bankrupted me. Also good to note that it will take a long time, and multiple sample prints (That you will have to pay for) to make sure your customers are getting what they paid for. Even after that process there is no guarantee of quality. In-fact their terms of service state they can misplace a print up to 1 entire inch. A shirt with a 1 inch discrepancy would still be sent to your customer, and you as the business owner may lose a customer and never be notified. If that isn't enough to convince you to steer clear, Printful actually tried to upsell me their "Design Services" in response to my complaints that their document set up articles contradict each other. Looking forward to the standard copy and paste response from a rep blaming all of this on me, the customer. Shopify, I can prove all of this. I have the receipts. Please contact me should this company ask to remove my review. Anyway, Shopify fam, happy Friday! I hope you have a great 2021, and your conversion rates stay high. :)

January 24, 2021

Hi! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience in such detail. We're sorry to hear that you had to go through this situation, but we have now involved our graphics team to assist in answering all of your questions.
There is a certain difference between the techniques we use on our products compared to other POD companies, and we need to take into account the characteristics of the product as well, not only the colors of the file which ultimately can make a great difference in the outcome. We have created several tutorials and blog posts to help our customers achieve the desired look and sample orders are just one part of it - to be able to hold your own product in your hands to see the quality of the print and the product first-hand. We are doing our best to ensure the best possible quality but in this industry, where human hands are involved in the fulfillment process (placing the product on the machine, quality check), there are some acceptable placement discrepancies but we evaluate each situation separately since it has never been our intention to inconvenience you in any way.
Please note that we do not delete our reviews as our intention is to be able to provide the best service possible.
Once we have gathered more information on your precise situation, we will reach out to you. We sincerely appreciate your patience!