Printful: Print‑on‑Demand

Printful: Print‑on‑Demand

by Printful

Top rated print-on-demand drop shipping & warehousing service

Medium Black

Even if product's initial setup is quite long (hand pick designs for each t-shirt color and size one by one) service looks excellent so far. Quality of print is very good and the ability to order samples is awesome!

Xtfu

Great concept, great integration - horrible fulfillment experiences.

I placed three test orders (10 total shirts). The first order had major quality issues on all three shirts in the order. Someone reached out to me to ask about my experience, so I sent pictures of the poor quality prints and one defective shirt and he said it looked like there wasn't enough pre-treatment before the print and said they'd all be replaced. I never ended up getting replacements even after checking on the status and being told they'd look back into it. It's been months now.

Anyway, I placed a second order after being told everything from the first would be corrected (customer service seemed good). I wanted to test out some different blends/treatments (50/50, powerwashed cotton, etc.) to see how they printed and to also see my designs in different sizes on different sized shirts to figure out exactly how I should create my print files for each size. This order had an item out of stock (after several days I find this out), so they asked if I wanted to split it. I did, so they split the order. Before they could print the items that were in stock, another item went out of stock, so it held up this part of the order as well. My first items arrived well over a week after I placed my order and the remainder of the order came several weeks after the order was placed. I was told all of these fulfillment issues were due to them moving to a bigger location and the supplier sending the shirts to the old location by mistake.

After having put so much into my website and t-shirt designs, modifying a lot of shopify code, paying for apps, etc., I wanted this thing to work, so I figured their issues from the move should be over and their new, larger location should be able to store more inventory and put shirts out faster. I placed another order to see if maybe things were running smoothly now. I ordered four shirts. After 7 days, I got an "out of stock, do you wanna split your order?" email. I said to split and 1 of 4 shirts shipped. It's now been 15 days and I have one of the shirts. Two more were marked as shipped on 7/23, although they weren't given to Fed Ex until 7/25. My shipping address is little over an hour drive from where they ship this stuff. They mark is shipped 7/23 and expected delivery from Fed Ex = 7/28. The remaining shirt no longer says out of stock, but it's just sitting there on the order screen, yet to be fulfilled.

Bottom line - unless you want to deal with EVERY ONE of your customers being extremely unhappy, don't waste your time with The Printful.

Also, I've researched alternative drop ship DTG printers and they all pretty much have reviews full of complaints about fulfillment issues.

Print Aura is at least up front about the process, saying that they place the order for the blank AFTER you send in the order to have a shirt printed. I'm sure they're all doing this and that's why it takes 7 days for them to tell you something is back-ordered. I'd much rather see a limited selection of styles than have to deal with these fulfillment issues.

I still haven't gotten my first order replacements yet. The print quality since that order has been fine, but for that order, it looked like someone used a $30 printer to print out an iron on and then applied it in a hurry.

If you run a DTG printing company and you can actually fulfill your orders in a reasonable time, please reach out to me!

Presseratestas

The integration works really well. No major drawbacks at all. However, for each Size and Color variation you have to assign the same model all over again. The best solution so far has prepared ScalablePress. There you may bulk assignment for the different sizes and colors.

As mentioned in the previous reviews the major disadvantages are: prices and prolonged turn around period. I would personally recommend you to check other POD Shopify apps this includes Print Aura and Pressera.

Cs Ts

Really slow delivery. It took almost 4 weeks to get the shipment in. My customers started complaining :/

Nouveau Riche Boutique

Great App, easy to use & products of the highest quality -Highly recommend!!

Stephanie Creekmur Shop

As far as the app goes it has run very smoothly. It integrates well with my shop and I don't have to do a thing when an order is placed. Yay for passive profits! Some of the issues people listed below are in regard to Printful itself, they are there (slow turnaround sometimes, certain colors don't print well - order a swatch sample!) but the app works great and they have WONDERFUL customer service. Very prompt and friendly.

Flyingmouse365

- Friendly customer service.

- Printing quality is good. Most of my customer happy with the printing when they received the shirts.

- The tracking link (International shipment) they provided sometime not able to get a full tracking information until the destination of the shipment.

- Some of the size will out of stock sometime and affected the fulfilment date, but they are slowly improving on this issue.

- The respond speed of the customer service can be improve. Sometime fast, sometime have to wait for few days.

Take A Hike

I've been using Printful for a few weeks now. I really love the concept because it allows me to attempt to start a T-Shirt (brand) company at a low investment. The 2 stars are for 1) their awesome customer service and 2) for the print quality. Some people complained about print quality but so far I have been happy, despite the placement of my logos not matching the product mockup. The customer service is by far their best attribute, while it is impossible to receive real-time customer service, the responses are generally quick and extremely helpful. All the replies from different team members and genuinely helpful.

I would like to offer more of their products to my customers, but the costs are just so high that it's impossible to offer them at a reasonable rate. Example 1: their cheapest mug is $10 and shipping it is $11, so I am charged $21 for a mug: JOKES! I wouldn't want to charge over $12 in the first place for a cheap white mug so charging $25+ to my customers is out of the question. Example 2: their 12x16 canvas is $45 and shipping it is $36, meaning we're already at an unreasonable cost to me of $81: forget about it. My customers don't want to pay $100 for a tiny Cavas of my photography.

PROS:
- Customer Service
- Print Quality
- No overhead
- Little to no risk

CONS:
- Extremely high costs of goods
- High Shipping rates
- Product printing can differ from your mockup
- Extremely slow shipping

Overall I am happy with the service because it enables me to test out a market for a brand I wish to create at very little cost to myself. Because I am trying to create a brand rather than make money, I can use Printful. If you are looking to make money, look elsewhere, unless you already have a client base. If you price your products reasonably, your profit margin will be extremely low.

I am using Printful in hopes of building a brand within the next 8-14 months. If I don't succeed, no big deal as the cost is nominal. If I do succeed, I can drop Printful, print local and start making money! Either way: Printful did its job.

*If not for terribly slow shipping and most products being too expensive, I would rate 4-5 stars*

July 13 EDIT:

Fulfilment and Shipping are beyond irritating. I haven't marketed my new store yet so it's Family and Friends only... which makes it even more embarrassing. Point in case: my friend put an order in June. It was shipped June 26. 20 days later, she has yet to receive the product. It's ridiculous. I'll never have repeat customers with this kind of bogus shipping service. And I'm in Toronto! I can't imagine if it were an order outside of North America. I have another order that was placed July 5..... 8 days later and the only update is "Sorting Completed" so it has yet to be fulfilled, let alone shipped. JOKES

Changing my Final Verdict Rating to 1 STAR. Unless Printful helps me out and fixes some serious issue then I can lift the rating to 3-5 stars depending on service provided.

Rock And Lock Apparel

I've been using Printful for a few months after weighing my options. I previously operated a store on another platform and had a terrible experience with the print quality & shipping speed. Printful does a far better job on the print quality front, but just as bad in shipping. So bad, that I've had to discount a customer's order due to the speed of fulfillment. I realize that there's most likely a huge number of orders every week, but fulfilling a customer's order shouldn't take 2 weeks. I'm rating 3 stars, as I also understand that Printful saves me loads of money on overhead, since I treat this is a low-to-no-investment business.

Gurari'sway

great products, great service, great everything.