Printful: Print on Demand

Printful: Print on Demand | Reviews

by Printful

Top-rated print on demand dropshipping & warehousing service

Seth Todd

First, This app is simple and easy to use but there are a few things that turned me from this "Company". I am a 18 year old college student that is trying to make a living off his brand which he has dreamed about for a long time... I am a christian, I respect others hoping for respect back. I guess thats not always true. Recently I ordered two of my shirt designs, they met all the requirements for size and DPI. They were simple and clean, and they had bible verses on them. Craziest thing though, I got home and was excited to see those two shirts I ordered were on the porch. I grabbed the bag and opened the first one, the quality was sad and was disappointing. Then I open the second excited to see what it could be. Real soon I was in awe... To my discomforting surprise the shirt I had was a christian fish which I know very well, I mean its a simple great design. This one was a whole lot different though... This fish had horns on it and 666 in the middle. Now I know what I ordered and I know where my heart is. I am very disgusted and sad at prihtful for this mistake or crude joke I don't know what it is... but I do know one thing, If one of my customers were to get that shirt I would be done and they would have killed the dream of a 18 year old college student trying to shoot for his dreams. This is why I respectively resign the use of prihtful and all there product. I urge you to order a sample before you use them, make sure they will be true to you.
Prihtful thank you for your time, I pray you will fix your faults and grow to be a better company. I still respect who you are and what you do, but I am disappointed in your choices and the way you carried out this matter.

Former customer,
Seth Todd

Kalo Gr

I just love the guys. They set an excellent service and state of art UX design. All the integrations working just fine, without any errors or delays. Thank you very much for your cooperation. : )

Snipe Sauce

Fast and easy integration and the Printful site is very simple to understand and use. Great company and app!

Steelie Bros Fly Copmany

Edit on my previous review
There are a few people there that are extremely helpful and extremely nice graphics department is great but it seems like they need some help (like a whole fleet of graphics ppl!). I'm still confused on the business model they make money when people upload proper graphics and sell their shirts, so why charge for a little bit of simple graphics work or go back and forth and impede me from selling shirts (aka Making you money). Seems like they're nickel and diming you on their already extremely steep profit margins. I could understand a charge if I came with a drawing on a napkin but if my illustrator file needs a little tweak help a bro out.
However they do have the largest selection of printable items to choose from and the most solid platform out of the dropship printing services I have seen available in the app store. So choose your poison

Lar Tah Dah

First off, I'm not a techie and I have no experience in graphic design. I needed a company that would not make my inadequacies evident in my product and one that would be easy to use. After doing extensive research, I went with Printful because: they provide mockups that I readily use on my site (one less thing to worry about), there is a person available on chat during opening hours when I'm in a frenzy about something, and they offer a variety of high quality tees (I use American Apparel) for a competitive price. Initially, I did not know that I was provided my own customer service rep, but this has been an added bonus because I email him frequently for assistance. The last step in my decision making was to test the product and printing. I found that the product is parallel to tees that I would buy from the top suppliers prior to considering a line of my own. So.. so far really good!

Onesize Apparel

NO POLYBAGS on your apparels!! Let me repeat, as of 9/15/15, they DO NOT PUT POLYBAGS when they ship their apparels!!

So... if you want to create a website for your small school team, or small town fair, Printful could work and save you some upfront money.

But!! If you want to create a "Brand", Printful is a No No! As a costumer, imagine if you order a Tshirt from Store, and they send you the Tshirt or a hat without POLYBAG!! What kind of impression would that leave!? That customer will NEVER shop from you. Not only that, he/she will spread the bad service like wild fire. Polybags are a must to keep the product from dirt as well!

I had customers that complained because their apparel came with dirt and stains. Come on Printful... You can do so much more. And actually, you had!!

Yes! They actually "did" send their apparels in polybags.... but for whatever reason (Which is always to save couple bucks), they decided to "REMOVE" the "polybags!!" from all their apparel shipments!!! Come on... How much would that save you? 5 cents at most!? So jut to save 5 cents, you would loose so many possible costumers!!? You can do the math here. You'll end up loosing thousands, millions of dollars... just because you wanted to save... 5 cents....!!! Come on Printful.... BRING THE POLYBAGS!!!!

If they do bring their polybags in time for the apparels, I'd easily give them 4 stars. But as of 9/15/15, because they DO NOT OFFER polybags on their apparel.... they get 2 stars! Again, if you want to sell you apparels to your family and small town fairs, Printful might work. But if you want to create a Brand, and you want Printful to be stepping stone, look elsewhere.

Nelly Bloom

I really like the Printful platform. They definitely seem like a good bunch of people that genuinely care about their team(s), their customers and theirs products & services. I have only been using them for a few weeks now and do not have samples in hands yet, so it's still too early on to tell what I think of them long-term, but so far so good.

They drop insightful emails with sweet tips and tools for me to implement into my store and businesses, which are always useful. Options for white label printing and branding also are advantageous. Customer service is very personable and knowledgeable.

I think the biggest knock against Printful would be their turnaround times, as several other store owners have already expressed. Since they are a POD business, I understand the premium that we as sellers have to pay, and I'm fine with that. However, since us sellers have such a low profit margin (because their products are costly), at least a tradeoff that we could pass on to our buyers is that we offer speedy shipping.

Though I'm willing to see how things transpire over these next few weeks and I will then update my review. I do not have enough experience with their service and products at this time to provide a well-rounded review, but I'm happy with what I've seen so far and wanted to post my thoughts to help other prospects.

Alphly

We're downgrading our review rating from 5-stars to 4-stars. Here's why.

We've spent a few months using Printful with our apparel store and spoke with the people at customer support plentiful of times. As another person mentioned here in the Shopify reviews, they do indeed, treat you as a consumer and not as a business relationship. There is no friendly business relationship with these people. In all the times we spoke with them, it felt like we were speaking with a copy & paste robot. No smiley faces or insightful comments about our store or design. They just want to get right to the point and push us far away as possible.

There was one time where we saw a dead store on the "used by" page. We sent them a message and asked if we could be featured on that page. They sent us a message back saying they'll consider it. The next day, they rearranged the store on that page and replaced the dead store with another one other than us. We were quite disappointed that they didn't send us an email back saying they were thankful for our comment or at least apologising for not being able to put us up on there. No communication whatsoever.

Another thing to mention is the quality of T-shirts you'll receive. The fabric of the T-shirts are nice, nothing wrong with it. The printing quality, however, is not the best. The printing of the inside label that we received was like an eraser on fabric. If you rub it a couple times with some friction, it'll start fading away. We sent an email describing the quality of T-shirt that we received and they sent back a standard copy & paste thank you and we'll look over this, etc. We were expecting for them to add some truthful comments or an insight of what the real expectation is.

Overall, the people at The Printful will treat you like a regular consumer. Between The Printful and us, there is absolutely no friendly business relationship from what we see.

*This review may change as we use The Printful for a longer period. We're only 4 months in as of this review.

Jambo Superfoods

This app rocks. It makes it so easy to plug swag into your business. Go look at our site at the cool tshirts, bags and even dog shirt we can sell! We would never have done a dog shirt before.

They don't turn things around the next day, as other reviewers have mentioned. I've spoken to the CEO and he's assured me that is because they are growing so fast they are having trouble keeping up with their demand. He even invited me to their factory and I checked it out. It's super clean, amazing and high tech. These guys are inventing the future over there.

If you're looking for a great and easy way to add swag and products to your store, try out Printful and you won't be disappointed!

Ld Test

Functionally sound - this review is more as a cautionary tale for UK-based online businesses.

Alas! I really wanted this app to work for me. It is, in theory, exactly what I need, but the high cost of the items, the shipping fees and the surprise customs charges meant it wasn't a viable option. We ended up losing money on all products because we refunded our customers their excess customs charges before pulling everything from the online store before too much damage had been done.

on the upside, my customers are delighted with their now super-limited edition items!

If a local option were available, we'd still consider it, as the shipping and customs really were the dealbreakers more than anything. quality of products we used was fine and no fulfillment issues aside from customs.

a pity! We were really keen on this!