Printful: Print‑on‑Demand

Printful: Print‑on‑Demand

by Printful

Top rated print-on-demand drop shipping & warehousing service

Freire Trade

This is so frustrating. The app is very nice to use, products and printing quality are great, pricing just ok but shipping times are way too slow from EU to EU. 19 days to get a sample. I unfortunately cannot work with printful at this stage.

Coltstudiostore Com

BEWARE! After doing business with this company for nearly 2 years, since they began they suddenly started fulfillment in the EU, Latvia and now I have to pay the VAT expenses when my customers purchase from that territory out of the US. Not cool!

If you're a US company and you spend all your marketing and customer acquisition costs and then send them to purchase Printful's products, they make 100% of their money, but as the store we then have to either make very little or in some cases, we actually paid money and I'm not in the business to lose money, so I'm pulling all my skus from them and going to their competitor who does have this opt-out function. It's too bad!

Lotusapparel Ca

Long printing and shipping times make it virtually impossible to run a reasonable apparel business in this day and age. Quality was reasonable.

The Fantastic Felines

All was well, I got all my stuff mocked up and put up easily but it gets 2 stars because when I ordered a sample of my shirt I saw how insanely cheap the shirts are for the price. The stuff is already expensive and for it to be cheap?!? It was a black shirt that was so thin you could see through it. Thank gawd I got it before I started marketing I would have been embarrassed to be sending something that low quality for that price to anybody

Owlflex Athletics

As far as producing, they do a good job, however if you get into a situation where something is incorrect (ex. a customer wants to exchange a shirt because the sizing was small) or any real issue comes up, they have a loophole for every situation. It is very tough because you as a business owner are then left to dray and they benefit 100% from every situation.

Brasnada

This is extremely frustrating for me. The price is confusing, the shipping info very complex, and the price isn't very affordable.

Trans Panda

Mostly okay. However, lacking in customer service (they always send you links to their articles, like robots), and have major issues with the quality of their embroidery.

Avonelles

I hear some good things about the leggings and thought I would give them a try. However the app immediately sucked all my current none Printiful products from my Shopify into their world and left me with no way to remove or ignore (no "select all" option) them other than going through 44 pages of products and wasting my time. Customer service confirmed it was my only option in a rather apathetic manner. I disconnected the app within 15 minutes and will look into other to see how they respect my time before I decide if I am still interested, but not impressed with this start.

Pawply

It's easy to design, but customer-wise, shipping is WAY too long. I bought a hoodies for myself so I can take professional photos. I ordered On Monday and it was not fulfilled until yesterday. I won't get it until AFTER christmas. I might as well not even SELL anything for the holidays since no one will get anything on time.

Coast Mercantile

CANADIAN STORE OWNERS BEWARE.

I have operated an online merchandising company since 2008. Our model has been to produce inventory, store it, and ship it out when it sells. Typical retail, nothing new.

We were introduced to Shopify and Printful in late October 2017. It looked like a game-changer - print on demand, no need to handle our own inventory, shipping provided, etc. This method was appealing because it would reduce our financial risk by eliminating the need for inventory, and reduce costs by eliminating the need to handle our our packaging/shipping.

We didn't want to use the service without experiencing it for ourself first, so we placed some sample orders. It was amazing! Products were created and shipped within days of our order. They arrived swiftly. We loved it, and were confident enough that we turned our old store 'off' and turned Shopify and Printful 'on'.

What a mess. Customers placed orders and we quickly learned that the wholesale costs that we were seeing in Printful were USD, not CAD (our store Settings are CAD and we paid the on-screen price for our test orders, not the inflated exchange price). The per-item shipping cost killed us. WE paid out of pocket for our first round of customer orders - deactivated Printful immediately - thank goodness that we can afford to eat the cost. Others might not be so lucky.

We thought the bad dream was over, but then it turned into a nightmare. The quick production/shipping that we experienced? No so for our customers. We had a customer place an order on November 17 and it JUST shipped on December 1, for delivery on December 19. It's 2017 and that's unacceptable, so we just gave the customer a full credit for the cost of their order ($180).

There is no Canadian equivalent of Printful, so we've gone back to producing our goods, holding inventory, and managing shipping ourselves. We're going to stick with Shopify because it means that we don't need to be hands-on with our backend web development anymore.

2 stars because Printful is an amazing service but it just doesn't work in the Canadian retail environment.

When leaving a review, a message appears that says "If you had a bad experience, please try contacting the app developer at support@printful.com before posting a negative review". We could, but realistically there isn't anything that Printful can do except send us cash for the amount that we're out of pocket, and the probability of that is low.