Printful: Print‑on‑Demand

Printful: Print‑on‑Demand

by Printful

Top rated Print-on-demand drop shipping & warehousing service

Meaningless Ritual

UPDATE 2: Back to 1 star. I am very shocked with how the customer support handles problems.

UPDATE, bumping my 1 star to 2: The short of it is Printful might be totally fine for you if you just want to slap some designs on t-shirts and then sell them on Etsy without any regard for quality. But if you want to start a brand and are concerned about quality, this probably isn't for you. The main reasons for this are: poor customer support, a painful mockup editor experience, and a lack of variety in the t-shirt options (not enough heavy cotton a la streetwear, too many soft fitted tees that warp/stretch/don't last).

The editor in particular is rough. Using it is a painfully haphazard experience. For example, if you have different versions of the same design (i.e. the same design in white (for dark shirts) and the same design in black (for light shirts)), you have to manually re size and position them separately. The grid is useless for getting the placement identical between these two designs, so you wind up having to move things just a touch, save, check the mock up, then go back and adjust again if needed. Either that or you can settle for your customer clicking between product images and noticing that one design is slightly higher than the other. A small thing to notice, but it makes a world of difference in presenting your brand in a professional way. A good brand should have consistency and avoid simple mistakes like that. And then when it comes to resizing the image, you have to drag the corner of the design while watching the DPI go up or down. Thing is, it doesn't go up or down by 1 DPI at a time. If you have one design perfectly placed and sized at 377 DPI and now you're trying to match another design identically, the DPI will constantly jump between 373 and 378. Again, resulting in a difference that is super tiny, but makes a huge difference in your brand image and consistency across product variants. Other limitations of the editor include not being able to edit the design on the mockup that you will actually use. Let's say you want your mockups to be flat product shots. You'll still have to edit the shirt on a doofy looking model. This again results in too much work between editing and understanding how your final product will look. If you want to get artsy and do a black design on a black shirt, your mockup will be a plain black shirt--no design in sight. Even in other cases (not pure black ink on black fabric), large areas of black in a design will be replaced with the fabric of the shirt. The problem is, that's not how the actual product will look. The black will be printed (that's the beauty of DTG, no limitations on screens like screenprinting), but that means what your customer sees on the mockup vs what they will actually receive after purchase look totally different.

I'm hoping for improvements in the future. If I'm so frustrated, why do I continue to use it? Because it does the bare minimum for now. For now is the key there. Right now I'm using Printful as a foundation for building my brand with limited capital, but if my brand grows to a point where I can leave printful OR if competition springs up that can address these issues, I currently don't see many compelling reasons to continue using it.

July 27, 2019

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention!

We are constantly working on improving our mockup generator and your feedback certainly helps.
I'll reach out to you directly for some additional details on these concerns. :)

Black Butterfly Co

I added this app to my shopify store. I already had some 200 products in my store using other print on demand companies. When I downloaded the printful app, it automatically synced every single product in my store. I had to go into the printful app and manually tell printful to "ignore" each of the products not meant for printful. I then talked to customer service and was told that I would have to repeat this process for each product that I add to my store in the future. So every single product in my store now and in the future would be connected to printful and I would have to go in each time and "ignore" each product. This wouldn't be a issue if printful was my only supplier, but they aren't, If you plan to use printful exclusively then this won't be a problem for you. I add designs every week that are intended for other vendors so this would be a major hassle.

July 23, 2019

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate hearing from you!

You are absolutely right, all products that are listed on your store will also appear on our end, but you can "Bulk ignore" all not synced products by going to your Printful Dashboard > Stores > Sync, opening up the "Not synced" tab and clicking on Bulk edit > Ignore all not synced, which means that you would not need to do this individually for each product.

This is currently the way our interface works, but we certainly appreciate your feedback, as it allows us to review and improve our platform.

Feel free to reach out to us at feedback@printful.com, if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Causebadge

'Printful's inept attempt to provide a POD service, do not trust what they display', 29s screen capture showing the laughable state of their print file offering - https://youtu.be/lF7bDVTcpho

Printful founder Davis must have raised some cash, not enough it seems, and now trying to deliver a platform with a skeleton crew. Printful shows me I have a 2XL tag file uploaded, on opening I see it is actually an XL tag uploaded.

Seriously, how do you push this live when ppl are planning to use it to build a business? From reports via shopify reviews the printing is not better. Support is laughable, copy paste on how to upload a print file.

** Printful are learning on your dollar, AVOID at all cost. **

July 19, 2019

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate hearing from you!
We're sorry to see that your experience with us has not been positive, but we do hope to improve it in the future.

I also assure you that we are constantly focused on improving our platform, as well as the products and services we offer, which is why your feedback is so important to us.
We also appreciate your review of our support team and do understand that our replies can come across as scripted, but this is mainly because all of us follow the same practices and policies. If there was any miscommunication between us, we're also happy to review any concerns you may have!

I will follow up with your concerns via email shortly and hope that we can find a solution that works for you! :)

Race Dojo

Ever order takes 30+ days to arrive (if it ever does)
Web interface is poorly designed with nothing but white background washing out all the functions on screen to make ordering easy but since you have to constantly search around for functions its just too tedious to work with. They use DHL e- commerce shipping which is the WORST company to to logistics and freight with. Tracking information is too vague and items were lost. I will not be recommending Printful as they have proved to me how mickey-mouse this Print-on-demand company actually is.find someone local, get your stuff made and stock it yourself.

July 18, 2019

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate hearing from you!
We take pride the the high quality services and products we offer, as well as our platform, so we're truly sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with any of these features and certainly appreciate your critique.

Shipping speeds depend on the shipping rate you choose upon checkout. Our shipping algorithm will determine the fastest, most cost-effective, and most reliable carrier (We work with DHL, as well as other carriers) for each shipment based on these factors: where it’s fulfilled, where it’s shipping, the selected shipping method, and the shipping speeds and prices of our carriers, you can see additional details on this here: https://www.printful.com/shipping

I will reach out to you directly in a bit, to address your concerns in mroe detail!

WhiteRiceCowboy

Do not use this app. By far the most confusing app so far. The support people are confusing as well. I have over 107 items that are not synced and have tried over and over again. I'm loosing customers because of this. Below is the pasted chat and nothing has been resolved. They will not manually sync. I have tried many times.

Printful Support

Why are there 107 items not synced? I'm also receiving an error on order# 1003 & 1004. I don't understand? Thank you kindly.
Chat started
Printful support. joined the chat
Hey there!
Hi
Printful support.
Could you give me a moment to look into this?
Printful support.
Upon reviewing your account, when the products were pushed over from Shopify's end, our system wasn't able to figure out which Printful product went with and the products would have to be manually synced or ignored if we don't offer the products for printing.
Im confused. Are you saying that 107 items not synced are products not offered?
Printful support.
We do offer to print on various products, however, we don't offer all styles for clothing as shown on our products and pricing page: https://www.printful.com/custom-products
WoW! I'm really confused. Why would you show them available, but not available?
Sounds like I need to delete your app.
Way to confusing
Printful support.
If the products are pushed over from your storefront, this is an automatic process due to the platform's push generator.
If there are products that we don't fulfill, you would ignore them on our end.
What about my order numbers of 1003 and 1004?
Are these orders being fulfilled ?
Printful support.
Upon reviewing your orders, they are not being fulfilled due to unsynced products and the orders would need to be manually confirmed with the not synced products synced within the order or ignored.
Okay, I will be deleting your app asap.

July 16, 2019

Thank you for your review, we appreciate hearing from you!
We are sorry to see that you have encountered this confusion and hope that we can improve our collaboration moving forward!

All of the products that are currently listed on your store will appear on your Printful Dashboard as "not synced" products (products that don't have a matching product on our end), this is how our automated integrations are set up for various reasons.
This allows orders with both Printful and non-Printful products to exist and sync up with us for automated fulfillment.
This allows you to combine several products in a single product listing on your store's side.
This enables some integrations to even exist, as a lot of the e-commerce platforms we have set up with don't have a product push generator that allows you to publish products from our side to your store.

You can bulk-ignore these "not synced" products in your Printful
Dashboard > Stores > Sync > Not synced, so that orders for them would not appear on our side.

If you do intend to use our services for the fulfillment of these products, you can also sync them up with matching products on our end via your Printful Dashboard > Stores > Sync > Edit.

In cases, when an order is listed in your Printful Dashboard > Orders as Needing Approval, you can confirm and edit it manually via your Dashboard.

We see that you have reached out to us via Shopify and we'll also update you via email!

Nerdwalla

I used this app for 2 orders. I've now been charged for 4. Their CSR's and billing are entirely useless.

July 10, 2019

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate hearing from you!

Based on the findings we've sent you and our previous conversations, we can confirm that you have not been charged 4x for 2 orders.
You can also see what we've charged you by going to your Printful Account > Billing > Payment history.

If you do see additional charges from us, we are always happy to look into the specifics of your concerns and assist to the best of our ability.
I see that our support team is already in direct communication with you and I hope that we can come to a solution that works for you!

Ponch-and-Louise-

Shipping is always incredibly slow. I've had a shirt printed multiple times and all of a sudden I can no longer have it printed because it violates policy? Don't really understand that especially since I bought and paid for the design.

June 27, 2019

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback!
To address your concerns in more detail, I wanted to let you know that shipping speeds fully depend on the shipping rate you choose upon checkout. If you would like to receive your order faster, you can go with a faster rate!
As for the issues you've encountered with our content policy - if our content team comes across any designs that violate our acceptable content guidelines, they will be flagged. If this occurs on an active order, we'll suggest you to update the order with a new design or cancel it for a refund.
You can see our acceptable content guidelines here: https://www.printful.com/policies/content-guidelines

Feel free to reach out to us at feedback@printful.com, if you have any questions or concerns related to this or anything else!

Before the High Street

Printed a design for us for two years, then decided to say it violated acceptable use. Refused to refund the digitisation fee they had accepted to embroider it. Patronising customer service, particularly Ismails

May 28, 2019

Thank you for your review!
We truly appreciate your feedback on your experience with our services and we're sorry to hear that it hasn't been positive thus far.
We're always happy to help and advise you on any concerns you may have, which is also why I'm truly sorry that we've come to some miscommunication on these issues.
You can see our content guidelines here: https://www.printful.com/policies/content-guidelines
Our team does go through all the files you upload, but we might not immediately notice and flag files, which do not meet our content guidelines. In such cases, we will flag these files as soon as we notice that they don't meet our content guidelines and reach out to you directly.
We will continue our conversation and I do hope that we can come to a solution and improve our collaboration in the future!

GMR's Merch Store

Stop bugging me for a review. Printful is a very good dropshipping company but they're annoying as hell with their constant updates.

May 21, 2019

Thank you for your review, we're glad to hear from you!
I wanted to let you know that you can disable most of the notifications we send out by going to your Printful Dashboard > Settings > Notifications.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, be sure to reach out to us at feedback@printful.com, we'd love to hear from you! :)

ReAls RealsDirect.Com

NO STARS!!! I downloaded the app today to simply test the system and purchase a £20 T-shirt with print as a trial. To which PRINTFUL DELETED ALL OF MY EXISTING STORE PRODUCTS!!!
YES ALL!!! ALL 140 OF THEM!
It took me months to search, import, descript, crop photos, create catagories etc and yet printful just DELETED THEM ALL!!!

#Printful..... I think NOT......#PAINFUL,... YES!

May 19, 2019

Thank you for your review!
We're sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been positive thus far, but hope we can improve it moving forward!

You are right, we do offer the option to delete any product that is listed on your store from our app, but this can only be done manually, by accessing your Printful Dashboard > Stores > Sync, selecting a product and clicking on "Delete". You will also see a pop-up to confirm that you would like to remove the product from both your Printful dashboard and your Shopify store.
We strongly suggest not deleting products you would like to keep on your Shopify store.
I can assure you that this type of action would not happen automatically, or as a response to a purchased order.

We see that our support team is currently assisting you with this issue, but hope you feel free to reach out to us at feedback@printful, if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12