Printful: Print on Demand

Printful: Print on Demand

by Printful

Top-rated print on demand dropshipping & warehousing service

Indianapolis Coffee Guide

Printful is nice and easy, but could be a lot better in a bunch of ways. For the most part, it’s set it and forget it. HOWEVER, I ran into several issues in the last few months and Printful’s support is miserable. They are responsive, sure, but that doesn’t matter at all since they aren’t actually helpful at all. Several times I was left figuring huge issues out on my own. Orders stopped syncing at one point and never got any help from Printful other than “lol sorry. Hope you fix it!” A shirt size went out of stock, and I never got a notification. Printful said it would automatically restock when it was stocked again. Cut to 3 months later and I had to find out on my own that the product was back, had to remove all products, and manually add them all back. This wouldn’t be that big of a deal if support was helpful, but again, they are miserable. And the profit margins aren’t nearly enough to make it worth the hassle.

May 31, 2021

Hey there!

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you didn't have the best experience with our Customer Support. We've reviewed the communication, and indeed, we could have done better. We hope that we can improve your experience with our services moving forward. Please reach out to us via feedback@printful.com if you have any additional feedback, as well as any questions or concerns.

4WD CREW | Off-road & Overland Store

I enjoyed using the app. Had a brief hiccup with the steps needed for fulfillment. The real issue is regarding tax. For some weird reason, I have to pay tax as a reseller to states other than the one I reside in. I purchase from manufacturers all over the US, but as a reseller, you should never have to pay tax. I contacted customer service and all they did was refer me to a link on their site.

May 24, 2021

Hey there! Thank you for your feedback. Printful has nexus in 38 states, which means that we are legally required to pay sales tax for everything that we sell to you that goes to one of these states. If you are a reseller, you can submit a resale certificate to us, including alternative documents to cover other states, and we won't charge you sales tax for those states. More information on how to submit a resale certificate and alternative documents here.

MJS.ART

Can I do almost everything I want to do? Mostly. Am I ultimately happy with Printful? No. If you want to create and sell basic medium-quality items across a broad spectrum of products, you're covered. But if, for example, you want to produce super-high quality items that truly represent your brand (I'm an artist), then you're out of luck. The product creation UI is utilitarian at best. File uploads limited to 200mb, print quality limited to 300dpi (including posters), customization tools that only allow for the most basic and sloppy placement options - there is no pixel-perfect placement, there is no actual product measurements, you can't turn snapping on/off, etc. - no undo, no saving state, etc., and so many other limitations that it's an overall frustrating experience. And when you have a complex problem you can't count on customer service. When some of my art was printing pixelated I was first told "it's your art" (it wasn't), it's an anomaly (it wasn't), and then... "We don't know what happened, but it won't happen again" (it did). If something is damaged in shipping they easily take care of it, but anything beyond the most simple issues are challenging to solve. And oh... they ship products to customers via DHL, at least in the US. Yes, really. With all that said, there isn't another service that has the overall offering of Printful and it has one of the best integrations with Shopify, so it's the devil you know. I'd switch if there was something across-the-board *better*, but nothing is decidedly better across the full spectrum of Printful's offerings.

May 23, 2021

Hi!

Thank you for your detailed review.
We wanted to address some of your concerns. Please note that due to human hands being involved in the fulfillment process, some placement discrepancies are acceptable, therefore having a precise design placement would do no good. Of course, we are always working on improvements, but our machines are set up in a certain way, so there are file types that we don't recommend, same applies to "heavy" files because they won't turn out the same way you see on the screen. Please note that mockup images are computer-generated and are by no means 100% accurate representations of the final product.

We use several shipping partners, including FedEx and USPS within the US, the chosen carrier depends on your location and other factors. Thank you for understanding!

You also mentioned issues with how the design looks, in some cases it can be your files, sometimes it can be a technical glitch, however, if that repeats, we do encourage you to check in with our support team so that information can be forwarded to our developer team. Thank you!

Overall, thank you for sharing your experience. We are constantly working on bettering our services, on adding more products to our catalog for each taste. We are proud of how our product generator works but as you noted, there can always be something that can be added or changed.
If you have any additional suggestions, please don't hesitate to check in with us at feedback@printful.com

-Renate

Dark Roast Cult

Depending on what you want, you might find your self happy with you can do with printful. I would 100% avoid their embroidery. It is very unpredictable and doesn't seem to reflect the print area the designer shows. It would seem as though they have 0 quality control when it comes to what they send. I've had ordered sample of my own shirts only to have them come to me on the wrong garment in a color i wasn't offering. I've also had the wrong size shipped to me as well as my customers. If you're a gambler then I would recommend the bella canvas shirts as they seem to not fall apart or shrink. The color quality has loss and the detail will be lost on some of your designs. I would keep your hopes low and be surprised.

May 9, 2021

Hey there!

Thank you for taking your time to review us. We pride ourselves on providing quality products and are sad to hear about your experience. We will always take full responsibility for any fulfillment, stock, manufacturer errors made, and offer coverage. Make sure to submit a problem report or reach out to Customer Support via live chat or email support@printful.com so we can offer a solution.

-Liva

ObaYo.ca

The biggest problem I had was not all my products are POD and the sync instructions were not clear which resulted in my having to recreate a lot of products. Once it's synced, I can't really unsynced and that make my back end messy. I ended up deleting products and recreate it. Also had a problem with ordering the sample swatch color shirt in White and Black as suggested by their support. It's a Printful House design (showing all the colors and codes) and not upload by customers. But the black color swatch shirt have all the codes printed in black ink (on a black shirt) which is totally not readable and not usable. I went on support for a few days to get a new one send to us with the codes in white (on a black shirt) so we can match the color codes, and somehow it is all my fault for Printful charging me for a swatch card/shirt that is totally useless. I am NOT IMPRESSED. Printful sold a faulty product here. If you need to get a color code swatch shirt, skip the black one altogether as it is of no value. As the the integration, it works well. Very easy to set up and use. However, it cannot compensate for sometimes long and sometimes short fulfillment time. I have to answer to my customer too and that totally rely on the POD fulfiller's ability to delver as promise and deal with problem as they come up. The app is good, the support to go with it is only so so. Fulfillment time is a bit too long and prices higher than others.

March 19, 2021

Hi there!

Thank you for your feedback! We're very sorry your experience using our services hasn't been the best!

In regards to matching the color to the swatches on the swatch shirt, there are two separate files available: you can upload the "color swatch for colors" onto a colored shirt and the "color swatch sample for white" onto a white shirt.

You can find out more about color matching for print-on-demand clothing + download Printful’s color swatches here: https://www.printful.com/faq/important-disclaimers/162-color-matching-disclaimer

We're very sorry to hear that your interactions with our customer service have not been great and we would definitely like to know more about your experience. High-quality customer service is one of our top priorities and we train our team extensively to provide an excellent customer support experience to our users. Regarding your order, I have reached out to you directly on this.

- Elina

Expressive DeZien

WOW What a change. I gave them at first a 1 star. I always give more than one chance and Im so glad I did. The change is huge. Customer service could use a little work but so far so good. Lets hope it stays this good. I only gave 3 stars because I want to see how the quality and shipping are and I haven't had a chance to look over all the products. When I know what everything is and how well it works Ill update GREAT JOB! It shows

January 9, 2021

Hi there!

Thank you for your review! I'm very sorry to hear that your experience with using our services during this difficult time has not been pleasant! I completely understand how frustrating the delivery delays are. It is true that we have seen slight delays caused by Covid-19 + holiday order influx on average. We also suggest communicating these delays to your customers to help manage their expectations during this time.

I understand that you had some concerns about your orders. It is important that you receive high-quality service from us and we definitely want you to have a positive time using our services!
We would like to look into the communication you had with our Customer Support team and make sure the issue is addressed. Please provide information on your experience with our customer service by sending details to feedback@printful.com, we would appreciate hearing from you!

UPDATE:

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear about your positive experience and hope to continue providing our best support! :)
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

- Elina

ThreeTaOne

This app would be better if there was a system in place that deleted the "out of stock" variants automatically, while letting the store owner know

December 25, 2020

Thank you for sharing your review! Although currently, this feature is not available, we are always working on improving our services! Please submit your idea for a Community Vote on our New Feature page: https://www.printful.com/feature-request.

If you have any additonal feedback, questions, or anything else, please feel free to reach us at feedback@printful.com!

Cam's World Customs

App works great but the company has decreased in quality and customer service over the last 2 years.

November 25, 2020

Hey! Thank you for sharing your review! We'd like to hear more about your time here at Printful, please feel free to send us a message at feedback@printful.com

Justin's signature

I like the customization and wide variety of products. Lately halfway through the design process the design disappears and you got to start all over again. Don't know if it's the website or the search engine I use.

November 20, 2020

Hey! Thank you for sharing your review! Could you please send us more information on this to support@printful.com? We'd like to check this error for you.

Keep Life Epic™

Love this app, but I would really hope that you guys would step up and add a lot more " cool " products.

September 16, 2020

Thank you for your feedback, as well as the suggestion to add new products!
We are certainly working on that round the clock, but you can also add your specific suggestions to our feature requests here: https://www.printful.com/feature-request for a community vote!

And if you have any additional feedback for us, be sure to reach out at feedback@printful.com! :)

- Vita