Printify: Print on Demand

Create and Sell Custom Products, We Handle the Rest.

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

Ranger Candy Coffee

Higher priced then most print on demand apps, and also orders take about 4-5 weeks and customers don’t want to wait weeks for their products.

The Indian Feminist

Location New Zealand
Time spent using app Almost 3 years

It's ok but I've had a lot of frustration trying to use their product/mock generator for creating phone cases. If I chose one position/size of an image on say an iphone case it will not be in the same position or even the same size on the samsung case. I've also noticed that even if my image reaches the edge of the phone case template, it will STILL SHOW UP AS IF I DIDN'T COVER IT, LEAVING THE EDGE WHITE!
Such a plan, I am moving over to a different company.

Lark Ellen

Time spent using app Over 1 year

I thought this would be a cool app. The first couple of orders were ok but they last one was terrible. I took months to get my shirts. When they arrived they arrived in different shipments at different times... like 5 shirts one time and then another 3 a week later. After one washing all of the printing peeled off. Terrible. Deleted from my store.

Warrior Women Society

STAY AWAY from
Printify unless you want to waste your time and screw over your customers.

Ordered SAMPLES from Printify. First order came 12 days late and smelled horribly of fumes. I was concerned about the delay, but figured to give them a second try.

Ordered a SECOND batch of samples, this time from two suppliers (the same as before an a new one). Suppliers A product arrived in time, but I wanted to throw up upon opening the bag the fumes were so bad. Washed the shirt inside out, and the design pealed right off. Told Prinity, replaces arrived about a week later. No fumes, but definitely not as high a quality print either.

The second printer “had to replace their machinery” and the order would be over 14 days late. When it arrived, a wrong item in the wrong color was sent. Still waiting to hear back from Printify on when this can be rectified, but 30 days after my second order of SAMPLES, I still have useless products that have not been fulfilled correctly.

In general their support has been good, but it’s clear emails are being answered in a queue. Twice, I’ve had quick responses from employees who have CLEARLY not read the above comments.

In terms of an app - their interface can’t be beat. I get that there are growing pains, and as a company, they seem to be trying to address them.

But if you care about your customers, you need to stay away for at LEAST six months. Give them time to figure out which of their suppliers can actually meet the need - before YOU ruin YOUR reputation with constant complains and returns.

Rodifer Animation Company

Time spent using app About 1 year

I decided to give Printify another shot after they (twice) delivered my product to the wrong address last Summer. On top of that, it took them several days to respond to my support requests. But since that was almost a year ago, and they do have a good catalog, I decided to give them another chance.

Unfortunately, not much seems to have changed. Several times over the last few weeks, the app has displayed a message: Printify users are very active right now. We have received your submission and placed you in a queue. In fact, this happened again at 1:30 this afternoon - hardly a peak time for uploading. It's now 11 pm, and none of the products that I uploaded have gone through. If Printify gets overwhelmed with simple uploading, then how do they handle all other aspects of their business? I gave them another chance because everyone makes mistakes, and I hoped that they'd gotten better. Unfortunately, not much seems to have changed.

Octane

Time spent using app About 1 year

The print quality is super cheesy and unprofessional. They do not follow your specs and will distort your art. In addition, their customer service is non-existent.

To be fair, I am following up with my review. Customer Service finally reached out to us and for that effort, I'm changing my 1 to a 2 star review.

Qveenstudio

We used to love Printify but the customer service has gotten so bad. Now, we can't get ahold of anyone for at least a week. The most recent problem we've had is a customer got sent a tee with a design that wasn't in our store (not Printify's fault) but we emailed Printify to get a replacement. We didn't hear back so we continued to send emails for over a week straight without a response. Sadly, we are looking for another provider now.

Sweet Science Apparel

Time spent using app Over 3 years

App worked fine for an month now it doesnt work at all , its time to leave Printify .

Btb20

The technical portion of the app is great and the developer should be very proud of the interface. Well done!

My issues is with customer service and quality control. Printify is a middleman between printers and merchants. While having a proxy to multiple printers can have its advantages, the downfall is with quality control and delays when there is an issue.

I have had a quality failure rate around 20% with the prints thus far. One customer received a blank shirt with no print. How embarrassing is that? Then not having a direct line to the printer to correct the issue and expedite a resolution compounded the issue. A customer in this situation is angry and does not want to wait days for two levels of bureaucracy to approve a reprint. Then wait an additional 4 days for the print, and an additional 4-5 days for shipping.

Finally, the shipping charges are completely out of alignment with industry norms. $4 for shipping the first product when the vendor is paying no more than $2.60 for a single shirt. Then tacking on $2 for each additional shirt. This is highway robbery. If one orders 5 shirts, the shipping charge is $12. The vendor isn't spending half of that.

The technology is great, but the application of the technology is pretty darn poor. You can't build a brand on top of Printify. If you are serious about being in this industry, find a printer that you can rely on who is just as maniacal about customer service as you are.

Naughty Gits

Time spent using app Over 1 year

UPDATE: I set up my store for fun, and assumed I was making money. It started getting more and more orders, but I didn't really dig in, just thought of it as "free money" for the most part.

I say that to explain my mindset when finding Printify. The app was pretty easy to use, they had products different from Printful, and it seemed decent. I was pleased.

Fast forward 6 months and I'm trying to get serious as a business. I started digging into my expenses, and saw that for several orders, I was LOSING MONEY. How could this possibly be?

It was ALL because of PRINTIFY'S SHIPPING. Let me dig deeper...

I started with Printful. I had it set up so that Printful was setting the delivery price that my customer saw because they were my only print provider. Then I added Printify. I couldn't use that delivery price thing anymore, couldn't figure out another way to set it up, so I said "Screw it" and just set flat rate shipping. Printful's shipping was usually around $3 in the US (with some rare outliers) and $7-8 internationally, so I set my shipping prices as $5 flat for US and Canada, and $12 international.

Then I set it and forgot about it. That was so stupid.

Each of their printers has their own shipping, and they are not just charging you the costs. They are charging you like I charged my customers, with a little padding. That is not cool. Let me break it down:

Printful:
A mug
A backpack
A t-shirt
- All printed from the same place, and shipped to the same place, so shipping would be like $4 domestic, $8 international

Printify:
A mug - comes from one printer who charges $5 dom./ $12 int.
A backpack - comes from one printer who charges $5 dom./ $12 int.
A t-shirt - comes from one printer who charges $5 dom./ $12 int.
- All shipped separately from different providers, costing $15 domestic and **$36 INTERNATIONAL**

I don't know about you but that would be my entire profit margin. I added coasters through Printify, that were really popular but they were cheap ($9 or so bucks, $5 cost I think). I thought it would be an easy way to upsell. They ended up draining profits because the shipping ($5) would eat up the profit margin and then some.

Don't be fooled by this. Do not use Printify unless they fix their shipping costs. I tried talking to support and they were just like "it's not up to us, the shipping providers set their own prices." So they don't really even care. I deleted all my products, cancelled my subscription, and uninstalled the app.

I left 2 stars because for everything else, they are great. If they fixed this, I'd come back.

Original Review: I love the app. It's pretty easy to use. There are a few small things that bug me, but overall it's a great app. I wish there were more products available. Right now, I have to use several different POD services, and I wish I could just use Printify. Great app!