Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

by Privy

Email Marketing, Exit Popup, Free Shipping Bar, Abandoned Cart

The Riviera Towel Company

Buyer Beware, Privy is a very hokey email platform. #1. Privy will not clean your list or remove bounces or unsubscribes . #2. They won't tell you any of the names that bounce, you have to manually copy each bounce you get from the IPS and remove each nam manually . #3 Our emails literally showed up in our customer's inbox in GREEK because their system fonts are not universally accepted. To top it off extremely poor tech support. These guys are not ready for prime time by any stretch of the imagination.

Charm in a Tea

I just start so i dont know if the result will be good. I'm looking for the spin to win on privy. I can't find it

Easy Eco Kitchen

It keeps crashing during onboarding - sending me to a 404 and reloading.. The onboarding is more confusing than helpful. Not sure I’ll use this, not a good impression so far.

October 21, 2019

Thanks for the feedback and sorry about the issues you are experiencing. Please send us an email at support@privy.com and the team will give you a hand when they are back online.

Moonlit Stones

When I launch my campaign live, and an email is imputed, the button click returns an error. Doesn't work for me.

October 11, 2019

Purifas

We are a new company doing all that we can, including spending tens of thousands of dollars at exhibitions trying to develop our mailing list only for privy to tell us that we cant upload and use most of our list because they are "role" emails. Tried to explain that business owners (who is my target audience) always give out their business email. . . . PRIVY: no response

Rentals Coach

I used this app during an important campaign and did not have any email addresses added. I found out afterwards the app had disconnected. Very frustrated w

October 7, 2019

Thanks for the feedback and sorry about the issues you are experiencing. I forwarded this issue to the support team and they should be in touch.

CBDoses

The app has a bug in it where it doesn't give any option to import from. We need to take our customer database over to Privy so we can send email blasts.

October 7, 2019

grabbackpack.com

BEWARE, ADWARE!!! READ BELOW!!
I spent some time with an agent from Shopify yesterday trying to identify which app from my website makes a whole bunch of foreign requests, and we worked it out to be... Privy?!

We tested it multiple times, with the app disabled/enabled, installed/uninstalled and we can confirm that the requests only happen while Privy is installed and enabled (even if you have no active campaigns). Shopify are now reviewing this application, and I advise anyone to continue reading before installing this app.

This is incredibly disappointing to learn, I would have hoped that since Privy indulges in such dirty practices, they would at least make it completely transparent to us, the shop owners, that they sell our data collected from our customers and visitors.

Anyway, I have compiled a list of all the websites that Privy makes requests to and a brief description of the site/company. Feel free to conduct your own research about each of the websites listed below.

Privy is redirecting data from my store to all the following websites:

1. dp1.33across.com
33Across is a technology company focused on solving the challenge of consumer attention for an era of automated advertising.

2. loadus.exelator.com & loadm.exelator.com & load77.exelator.com
loadm.exelator.com is a page-redirecting browser hijacker that can affect your Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or any other browser that you may be using

3. cm.g.doubleclick.net
Not as a matter of course a virus, but rather it is clarified as an adware.

4. ps.eyeota.net
Eyeota is an audience technology platform that enables the intelligent use of data. We work with marketers, data owners, and research companies

5. secure.adnxs.com
Adnxs.com is run by AppNexus, a company that provides technology, data and analytics to help companies buy and sell online display advertising

6. l.sharethis.com
Read article below:
Also adware.

I was on the free plan, but I suspect that even the paid users would be in the same boat, since the app is essentially the same, and you only pay if you get more than 'x' page views.

I have since uninstalled the app and will look for alternatives. Although Privy offers good features, I'd rather not have anything at all than have to explain to my customers that their data is being passed around for advertising purposes.

German IT Academy

it just crashed while setting up..fail..will have to find another app in shopify app marketplace..sorry

Coastal Sea Treasures

way to expensive and algorithm is flawed. with shopify not counting pageviews I have 0 way of knowing how accurate your algorithm is that you use and have to trust you blindly. Not a smart business practice. With not even 4k visitors for this month you claim I have to be on the 50k page view plan I find it impossible to believe I reach 50k pageviews. Not to mention you cant honestly say if your algorithm counts you yourself viewing your own page thus penalizing you and using your algorithm means it counts viewers who may just enjoy looking at your products and never intending to buy thus penalizing you again . A very flawed system with so many competitor apps out there charging far less and working just as well and better. Customer service couldn't provide proof of pageviews when I brought up this concern and just linked articles about how they count it which doesnt help prove that you're an honest company. They did offer a 30% discount for 3 months which still makes the app too expensive for the traffic I truly get and number of sales I get. I will be contacting shopify to see if they can provide any proof of pageviews to compare it to your data you claim to have.