Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

Email Marketing, SMS, Pop Ups, Cross Sell, Banners & Bars

Free plan available. 15-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.

99-j

After years paying $20/m they suddenly request $70/m and froze my popup without any notice.
Terrible support and experience. Get the same app for free from your email provider (I use Klavyio)

Pure Feast

Time spent using app About 2 years

This app charges based on the number of mailable contacts that are added to your account, even if you aren't using the Privy pop-up to add the contacts. So, your account will continue to grow as they sync any contacts gained by Shopify through sales or sign-ups on your site. We found this out recently when we paused our Privy campaign but then were unexpectedly hit with a price increase because our number of mailable contacts had grown (thanks to Privy pulling Shopify data into our Privy account, completely unbeknownst to us). So even though we weren't using their email capture feature, they still increased their monthly fee... This was not the original terms of service that we agreed to when we started using this app; we have never used it for email or sms, Klaviyo is far superior for that purpose.

The Speedy Cheetah

Time spent using app About 5 years

I started with the free version of this app a very long time ago for just a pop-up. Works great, but OMG the pricing is now a disaster. I am hounded constantly to add their email marketing and now with only 2 weeks notice a 3.5 times monthly price increase ($20 to $70). It is just nuts. I was also told the $20/month price was "locked in" forever. I use MailChimp and they include a free pop-up so going to drop Privy after many years. I really suggest staying away from Privy as everything seemed to change for the worse after they were acquired by a new company.

99Jersey

Time spent using app Almost 2 years

WORST SUPPORT EVERRRRR
After 1 hour speaking with them trying to sync my account to a new account, Andres gave me complete missleading instructions and eventually DELETING MY STORE!! With all my data and the chat closed because the account is deleted. No way to communicate, no way to recover. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!

yesUndress

Location Ukraine
Time spent using app Over 2 years

Canceled Privy 6 months ago. But it continues to withdraw money from the bank, also it’s double amount, 60USD! The support tell different stories everyday. The app already debited money from the bank account 12 times. Promised refund, but it’s not! Close that scammers immediately!

Crypto Clothing Factory

What a stupid app. I wanted to use it to send welcome emails with 15% off discount code but the minimum time limit is 1 hour. By then the customer is long gone. The developers of this app must be brain dead.

Big Head Bob Shop

Time spent using app About 1 year

This app worked well for a few months. When my free trial ended (wasn't aware it was a trial or it would end) I wasn't notified. This app is about notifying people and THEY DIDN'T NOTIFY ME! I had over 1500 visitors to my website in one week and checked to see why I wasn't getting their emails and this poor company didn't send me a pop up email or sms to tell me I need to now pay for the service, which I would have done. Crazy right. There are other services out there dont' make the same mistake I did. After telling them this happened they said nothing we can do would you like to pay for the upgrade. Not great customer service.

Kindhood

Time spent using app Over 4 years

We used the pop up function for free for years. Now it is significantly overpriced. The app significantly reduced website speed even when it wasn't functioning.

Aztec Clothing

Time spent using app Almost 2 years

tripled the subscription price without warning me. It seems like an issue for alot of customers. I used to pay 55usd, they increased this without warning to 165usd. When i asked them to cancel my subscription and refund me I was told that this was not possible. don't waste your time cheaper alternatives elsewhere

Gentec Labs

Location South Africa
Time spent using app About 4 hours

They cancelled my account because they dont allow services for "Pharmaceutical Sales", except our product is not Pharmaceutical, its a gym supplement which contains only natural, legal ingredients.