Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

by Privy

Exit Pop Ups, Email Marketing, Text, Upsell & Cart Recovery

Cactus Watches

This app used to be fantastic. We told everyone about it. Shared it with all our merchants we knew. And the support staff were incredible. They changed their model. And became another one of those apps - that care more about enterprise customers - and less about mom and pop stores struggling.

Röme Tailors

not free, just cheating not free, just cheating not free, just cheating not free, just cheating not free, just cheating

Begin Smooth

APP does not work. Won't verify my domain and the instructions it gives you to do it is outdated. Theres no "Manage domains" for Shopify. Would recommend OCU for sure!

Woodland Clothing Co.

I haven't even used it yet. So the fact that it's asking me for a review tells me it's probably junk.

Aria Lattner

TL;DR -- this app is awful compared to JustUno or OptiMonk. But much worse, they are incredibly unethical in their business practices. I would hope that Shopify would police this sort of BLATANT unethical activity on apps in their store...

BEWARE! I started a trial of this software ~18 months ago. I deleted the app before the trial was over.

I have come to find out that, depsite deleting the app AND submitting a ticket to their support, they CONTINUE to charge me $79/month every month.

As support will do nothing, unfortunately I have to go the route of a credit-card chargeback. Very unethical, Privy...

BEWARE -- THIS APP IS BILLED OUTSIDE OF THE APP STORE ECOSYSTEM, AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO CHARGE YOU LONG AFTER YOU HAVE DELETED THE APP. (also, they will charge you at a rate higher than any plan they have listed...)

When I informed support, they could indeed see that
1) I had uninstalled during trial (18 months ago),
2) I was on a trial of a $20/month plan
3) They have been charging me $79 month every month, and continue to do so after this has been brought up to support.

This is clearly unethical and illegal. Fortunately I have recourse through my credit card, but it is sad that a company of Privy's size would resort to such blatantly unethical behavior.

I could have chalked it up to an honest mistake, but no...they continue to charge me even after I have pointed it out. (I literally don't even have a login....I deleted the trial during the trial phase....) No joke -- they tell me the only way to cancel is to login. They CONTINUE to charge me. I do not have a login (never have... I went through the app store to login back when I was trialing them in 2018....)

I do hope Privy decides to do the right thing before I have to go through the credit card. I hate to say such nasty things about a business, but this behavior is simply unethical. Truly, I hope you recognize your error and rectify it immediately...while it is sad that it will have taken a review to finally get any action, it is better than nothing....

MuvaLife

ITS OKAY BUT I DONT REALLY LIKE HOW IT OPERATES . ITS KINDA SLOW AND THE FREE TRAIL IS OKAY BUT I NEED SOMETHING MORE EASY TO MANAGE

Puppet Portraits

No customer support. Other app developers provide guidance with specific coding questions related to an install. Privy simply provides a form letter and apologizes it doesn't work for everyone. And that's after charging for the month.

herlovelyshoes

Don't know much about the app beside you have to pay for a plan before you can use the service once you're card is on file you then can use the emailing service

ShredGang

Too early to know but there service isn't great because they still haven't got back to me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hulyahome.com

So far the experience stinks......I'm trying to learn the app and all I keep getting is this stupid pop-up masking me to rate you....so here you go ---- 1 star.....the help button is giving me an error, and contacts that should be synched aren't.....but you are more interested in a rating,