Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

by Privy

Email Marketing, Exit Popup, Free Shipping Bar, Abandoned Cart

Ohh My Dealz

App was uninstalled and not used for 6 months but they continued to bill us. Any charges that occurred before today's date would not be eligible for a refund. As outlined in our Billing and Refund Policy: 1. A transaction is refund-eligible for 14 days with the review period starting on the initial charge date. 2. Privy is not automatically canceled if the account isn't being used or is uninstalled from your website/storefront. If Privy no longer meets your business' needs, please cancel the desired individual subscription or close the account entirely to avoid additional charges. Lastly, as outlined in our Cancellation Policy, which all users agree to when creating a Privy account (in this case, the date of agreement was October 25th 2019), the following is outlined: It is important to note that each of these subscriptions must be managed separately and are not automatically canceled if you uninstall the application. In particular: Downgrading the Convert Plan, Email, or Text subscription does not automatically cancel or downgrade your other subscriptions.
Downgrading or canceling your connected e-commerce store (e.g., Shopify) does not automatically cancel your Privy subscription.
Uninstalling or removing Privy from your store does not automatically cancel your subscription.

Venice Design

Imagine getting targetted ads from this company only to have them not let you log in via Shopify. I wish I could use it but this is terrible

Matero

If you care about site speed and privacy, don't go with Privy. You do not have the option to selectively disable features. It's all or nothing. It will call unnecessary requests across the entire site. A good example is it will globally enable ShareThis across the entire site. Next, their customer service is terrible. There's a lack of being empathic and understanding. They are quick to making assumptions rather than asking additional questions to understand to the situation. It's a terrible experience overall.

Rogue Revival

Privy has been charging me an erroneous $50 usage fee on TOP of the $20 fee for the past 6 months. Extremely dissatisfied....

Lexi Hub

Just downloaded this last night and it is fairly simple to use however I keep sending myself a test email with a sign up code and each time after a few seconds a message pops up saying "This message no longer exists" and disappears from my Inbox. If this happened to my customers I would be furious and they would lose confidence in my brand. It would do the opposite to what it is supposed to achieve.
I do not recommend and certainly would not pay to upgrade.
For some reason, I am even having difficulty leaving this feedback. the same window keeps popping up. Why is that?

ARM Enterprises, Inc.

It is clunky and never seems to work, emails are never sent, and customer service is lacking. I am going to look for another option.

Brooklyn Equipment

Privy is stealing the customer and order data and sending it to marketers website. Here is the proof ( note, we DO NOT have a big commerce website):
I found some major issues in the console partial page load.

The App Privy has a larger Payload than Facebook and has been throwing all kinds of render blocking issues in the search console. I did some digging and
Basically they are stealing every data point and customer information detail, info about your store, orders and who knows what else and sending it out to several APIs. This is bad news and has been slowing down the site for some time.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 4.43.21 AM.png

Here is their full execution

They are sending sensitive info like this on every user page load or add to cart: https://brooklyn-equipment.com/cart.js?Dyo8o6fYTacbWPfPY=1

Turns out they are sending your data to be remarketed, they could even be sending emails right after people visit, idk.

1. dp1.33across.com
2. loadus.exelator.com & loadm.exelator.com & load77.exelator.com

3. cm.g.doubleclick.net

4. ps.eyeota.net

5. secure.adnxs.com

6. l.sharethis.com

Here are screen shots images showing the API connection tracking:

DO NOT USE THIS APP

-------

After the developer answer we did more research and we found 3rd party confirmations that we are not imagining things.
Here is more stuff to read:

-----
read other reviews too, we are not the only ones with this concern

August 19, 2020

Hi - yikes. Hate to see an experience like this. We took a look at the files you shared with our developers, just to triple check.

Just to be 100% clear, Privy does not steal customer or order data, or use that for any purpose other than providing the functionality of our service, directed by you the merchant while building campaigns using Privy's marketing software.

The bigcommerce code you shared only runs on bigcommerce stores. It's only purpose is to support certain features within Privy like targeting and abandoned carts. No data is shared to bigcommerce.

Also, we don't load or redirect to any of the links you posted. The only service we incorporate of the ones you listed is share this. sharethis simply powers the sharing tools you can add to your privy popup and landing pages, that help your visitors easily share your store's website to their networks.

And the screenshots you share in the link don't really articulate your concern.

We take privacy seriously. We'd be happy to take a deeper look if you reach out directly through live chat support or by emailing support@privy.com directly.

We'd love to help drive confidence and point you in the right direction on this.

KJandMe

Cannot get my pop up to work and am convinced that during the free trial nothing works to force you to upgrade

MotorsportMaps

Way too difficult to use. App takes you out of the Shopify interface and forces you to use their UI. Poorly designed and convoluted.

LINE10 Tools

This app will slow down your website, even after removing it, it leaves behind so much code, worst app support ever