Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

Email Marketing, SMS, Pop Ups, Cross Sell, Banners & Bars

Free plan available. 15-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.

Nasa Depot

I originally thought this app was great until I saw how their pricing scales. For a simple popup they charged me $15 a month, then for adding an abandoned cart email feature they tried to increase my cost to GET THIS $90 A MONTH! These guys are absolute scum trying to charge these outrageous prices. Do yourself a favor and hire a developer to do everything that this app does if you really need their "extra" features. If you are trying to scale your company then do not use this service as they will gut you. Update: I tried their app again, it still sucks.

Marina Savashynskaya

Time spent using app 3 minutes

If you download this app the customer service will absolutely spam you with dozens of the meaningless emails and phone calls. If that's not bad enough, they send their emails from multiple domains so you cannot just block or unsubscribe. I have asked them politely each time to stop contacting me and they ignore each request and attempt to contact me from another address and call me. I downloaded this app for not even 15 minutes before figuring out it's not what I need, deleting it, and they are still spamming me. DO NOT give your information to this app.

Off Beach CHANDLERY

I want to like this app, but it's overwhelming in just finding out how to work the editor for customizing. It would be nice if they directed me to relevant tutorials so I don't have to watch endless youtube videos that still don't answer my qustions.

NorthAmericanKitchen

coupon codes only work one time! Abandoned checkout email has a bug and send the product image only sometimes!

gofoodie.ca

The apps email integrations have leak emails - it keeps sending an email out from months ago, but only to a few people at a time. Customer service was unresponsive when we reached out for help. In addition, the pop-up timers are off and not holding saved changes.

July 30, 2021

Hey there - thank you for sharing this feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience and we're committed to turning this experience around for you. Our team has reached out to offer 1:1 support to help you resolve these issues and get back to growing your sales with Privy.

MishkaSamuel

Used the free branded version for a year. Then suddenly they ended the free version without notifying me. As a small business owner I have a lot on my plate every day and checking whether or not my pop-up is working as it was set up should not be one of them. Do not recommend. If you want my money, you have to act like you deserve it, Privy.

Sopris Health & Wellness

Time spent using app Over 3 years

I used this app for years and it was great. Then suddenly they changed their pricing and everything stopped working. They wanted me to pay for email and sms marketing but their platform doesn't do nearly what other marketing messaging platforms do. I would not recommend them to anyone. Plenty of other apps out there

Xanne Fran Studios

Time spent using app Almost 2 years

Privy just prompted me to write a review after cornering me into paying more than double the cost of my original plan. I purchased and set up privy over a year ago to install pop ups and manage my email list and a few days ago they just shut all of my pop ups and embedded forms off because it's "no longer included in my plan". Since I paid a coder to integrate privy's platform for me, and I'm not in the position to pay yet another professional to set up yet another marketing app, I'm going to go ahead and pay double for the exact same features because I really have no choice. Functionality is pretty good, but I've got a bad taste in my mouth from being mislead on pricing.

Woodsy Wicks

I find this app hard to use. I also notice that my emails go straight to junk mail or never get sent. I don’t think it’s worth it.

Gossypine

Don't like the new 250 contacts plan. All I really need this app for is a coupon popup and follow-up email with a discount code. The page views plan was better. I'd rather use MailChimp for email marketing.