Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

by Privy

Exit Pop Ups, Email Marketing, Text Marketing, & Cart Recovery

The overall rating is calculated to reflect the app's most recent performance instead of an average off all reviews.

W Ginseng Farm

I was looking for an alternative to Mailchimp for sending mass newsletters. And I spent two days trying to send the first campaign with Privy Newsletters. A total nightmare! 1- Unable to upload photos to its newsletters template, the workaround would be copy&paste the link of the photo to it; 2- Test email won't work; 3- When sending emails got this error massage "Segment cannot be empty. Please adjust your filters." even when using send to All Contacts... I haven't tried others functions yet but this buggy app I have no confidence at all!

DIRT & GLORY

Constantly asks for a review from the minute the app is installed. How can anyone possibly review an app after 30 seconds? Privy; give your customer a bit of time before you ask for this information! Also, the 15 days do not allow you to test the Newsletter function unless you book a phone appointment with them! Honestly? Deleted!

September 19, 2019

Thanks for your review! I'm sorry that you were unhappy with your experience. Anything we can help with to raise your rating and help you get going? Please feel free to reach out at support@privy.com.

RockaDex

cant review haven't used it yet. grehtrhrhjnyjntjuykyukhtrwhtrjytwjnytjytjytejmytejmytekjytekytekytek

September 17, 2019

Totally understand if it’s too early to give an accurate review. As you get started, feel free to reach out to us for help at support@privy.com, check out our help docs at https://help.privy.com, or sign up for a live training at privy.com/training

Sporteeef

FAKE.............. Provide some detail about what you did or did not enjoy about using this app. Your comments can help other merchants decide whether to use this app.

September 17, 2019

Thanks for the review. Let us know if we can be of any help at support@privy.com.

Cowboys and Astronauts

11/11/19 Updated: Cancelled today...they still have not fixed the de-duplication issue. Began using Klaviyo...way more full featured and cheaper too! Bye, Privy!

*****

10/10/19 Reply to Developer Comment: I would have left this alone but it is not cool to publicly tell a complete lie and say you don't have to MANUALLY de-duplicate your list...you absolutely do. As of today (Oct. 10 2019) this is what your Support team (Andy) had to say about the fact that your system doesn't automatically deduplicate emails that have different casing (name@email.com vs. NAME@email.com)...

"I checked internally and we are actively working on this now. The only update I can provide is: We're in a difficult situation where we need to determine how to make this change for all existing contacts across all business accounts. if there are duplicates how to fix them.
- What if one of them is unsubscribed and the other is mailable?
- How will this handle GDPR compliance in the context of duplicate customers for different businesses, or archived businesses?
- Do we default to unsubscribing these?

There's a lot of complications that play into this issue, im happy to provide you with an update when this have some movement on it"

But don't take my word for it...before you use this product test if it allows emails with different casing to be created. You will see that Privy is not ready for prime time when it comes to email marketing.

****

Original Review: It's really too bad that I can't give the a higher rating as I'd love to. I really like the app and the customer service and easy integration. BUT...they have one giant Achilles Heel. Their system allows for the same email address with different title cases to create duplicate records (e.g., person@email.com and Person@Email.com will create SEPARATE contacts) so you end up sending multiples to people all the time. You have to deduplicate your lists MANUALLY! The worst part is that they have known about this issue for months and have still not fixed it. De-duplication is the most fundamental feature of any email marketing program...it's staggering to me that they have let this go on for so long with no fix and have not even communicated the issue to their customers. Ask them about it before you sign up!

September 13, 2019

Thanks for the feedback and sorry about the issues you're experiencing. You shouldn't have to de-duplicate your list manually. We do have this capability in the product. Do you mind emailing us at support@privy.com so we can look into this for you?

MUSHY BROWS

baaaad so bad rgf3gf3tf25g46hgbt4twbhrwtbby rb btyunyuk,ngffbvdcdfgjkkiuytrtyujioiuytrjkoliuytrtyuiuytrt

CINZEL JEWELRY

I´m just opening the app and i´m here. I can´t rate before i try it.

I think this pop up should appear later, at least let us try it!

Now lets see how it works!

Andivia Beauty

I did not enjoy this app

1. Hard To Learn
2. Has Annoying Pop-up Begging for a Review, Constantly
3 Go to Get an Email Service Provider
4. Didn't see the ability to easily customize content in email

Hayden Rowe Candle Co.

Terrible at creating emails. Doesn't send to all contacts. Support is very slow. NOT an alternative to Mailchimp. Really only good to get newsletter signups not to mail anything to anyone. Also, they don't want to let me submit this bad review which may be why they have a 4.7 star rating.

September 5, 2019

Thanks for the feedback and sorry about the issues you are experiencing. I forwarded this issue to the support team and they should be in touch.

Hey Bud Skincare

too early to give a review on this app. very premature and inappropriate to do so. literally have nothing to say about it

September 3, 2019