Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

Free plan available. 15-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.6)
Developer
Privy
4.6
November 7, 2022

DO NOT USE PRIVY! Absolutely horrible to deal with. Also, in this industry, who who works 9-5 Mon - Friday?? We need assistance on the weekends and after hours. but that aside, I have never dealt with customer service so unprofessional. Use anyone else. We used Privy for about 5 years gathering up over 4,000 verified contacts and then we rebranded our company. EXACT same products, EXACT same containers but a different look and our customers were ALL AWARE of the change but everything was still the same, we just didn't like the old name or the old owner (long story). When we imported the contacts into our new account, Privy wouldn't let us email them. I explained everything to them and that we had actually used PRIVY to acquire these contacts legitimately. They didn't care. They said "Too bad." All those years working to build an email list all for nothing. DO NOT USE PRIVY.

gentle-moose
Time spent using app: 2 months
Privy replied November 7, 2022

Hi there,

We have reviewed the email where you spoke to our Billing and Compliance teams; I apologize if anything was not clear and I am happy to break down below what occurred:

•  Due to the origin of the list in question, our Compliance team was not able to approve these contacts.
• Privy, or any email marketing provider, can only accept the contacts who opted in to receive the emails for one business. Merchants are not able to have merchant's who opted in for one business be moved over to another business.
• This aligns with the laws and regulations, CAN-SPAM and CASL, put into place to protect the recipients.
• General Support availability varies by channel; we do offer support during the weekends. As mentioned by our Compliance manager, the weekend team will do its best to answer all of your questions on the weekends, however, some emails may require follow ups when we are more staffed during the week.
• Lastly, our teams replied to all email communications with the upmost respect and empathy for the situation at hand.

Should you have any further questions, you can email support directly (support@privy.com) or reply here to this review. Should you email in, please refer to ticket number 190325. Our Billing team has asked Shopify to remove the $45 fee you were charged as well. We wish your businesses the best of luck!

July 30, 2022

Beware: Like all other reviews I got caught in Privy's scam, they initially quote you $45 a month and then months later they start charging you $120 more a month, which they tell you that since I have gotten more emails I am charged because of it, I used it for one pop up and one abandoned cart email campaign, which neither helped to gather more emails. This app left a bad taste in my mouth on how these apps can change their amount of payment without letting you know. $165 a month for an app is not worth it, especially Privy is not worth it. Alas, I do see there is a pattern of this behavior in the reviews.

Cleaverandblade.com
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Privy replied August 1, 2022

Hi there,

Our billing team has checked and see that the increase in price came from the 3 imports of contacts made to your account. As your number of mailable contacts increases, so does the price.

You can also see our pricing here: privy.com/pricing.

If any further help is needed, please email billing@privy.com and please reference ticket number #178712.

July 14, 2022

Beware! I'm charged twice for this app - emailed shopify who notified them so they could get in touch but never heard a think. Received my latest invoice and again charged twice!! I have removed the app which I also believe to be detrimental to SEO since they are the largest impact on slowing down a website and tabs that get in the way of navigation

Djuna Studios
Time spent using app: About 1 year
July 7, 2022

I have over 12000 mail subscribers. So the monthly subscription to Privy is $165. I emailed to cancel Privy to use another email app. But they still do not cancel the payment subscription and no reply to the mail. In the meantime I was charged another $165. Are you kidding me? Never subscribe. CS also responds roughly to cancellation of subscription. I will formally sue this. Wait.

Brushday
South Korea
Time spent using app: 9 months
Privy replied July 11, 2022

Hi there,

Our billing team has checked and see that the first emails were answered on our end, but sadly, we never received any replies. I do see that the last email did receive a reply and a refund was honored. If any further help is needed, please email billing@privy.com and please reference ticket number # 176685.

June 29, 2022

We used this app for years, they monetized their old customers raising the prices considerably 2-3 years ago when they got a new CEO. Service haven't improved much, just a monetization technique. The app is not worth the price at all and haven been slowing down our page for all these years paying a great sum. Also they make it very difficult to remove the app and all scripts in the shopify store, there is no information readily available how to uninstall their scripts.

The Ancient Home