Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

Email Marketing, SMS, Pop Ups, Cross Sell, Banners & Bars

Free plan available. 15-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.

The Ancient Home

Location Hungary

We used this app for years, they monetized their old customers raising the prices considerably 2-3 years ago when they got a new CEO. Service haven't improved much, just a monetization technique. The app is not worth the price at all and haven been slowing down our page for all these years paying a great sum. Also they make it very difficult to remove the app and all scripts in the shopify store, there is no information readily available how to uninstall their scripts.

Halo & Horns

Location Australia

Our advice would be to check out the other 1 star and 2 star reviews. We have over paid for this app after cancelling for 12 months. A total of $1680. No recourse at all from this company , just "Its in our Terms & Conditions"

Hystar

Outrageous fees. They will bind you into a contract for months and force you to pay a termination fee if you decide to switch.

Terra-Core Fitness

Pricing structure is a lie. We canceled last month due to them trying to charge us $150 to keep the service.. This was outrageous so we canceled immediately. One month later they charge us $150 and the App is UNINSTALLED IN OUR STORE AND WE HAVE NOT USED IT IN A MONTH. Tried to contact various ways and NO ONE responds. Terrible Terrible app. We are currently in the process of reporting them to Shopify in hope they will give us our money back.

Love Japan For Life

I'm just going to keep this short and sweet. Test everything before you commit to a subscription. Their email capabilities may cause more problems than actual benefits, in which may even negatively impact your business. Sales team is too pushy and doesn't seem to care about your needs or concerns. All they care about is upgrading you to their latest plans and keep calling me non stop. Bad experience overall period.

CMC Gold

Location Australia

Terrible experience so far let's hope it gets better.
Have been charged for a month when we specifically said we weren't ready to use it until a certain date. then have asked questions and haven't even had the decency to reply yet. My hope is that it's just that one individual who is a bad egg and not the entire team.

David Hicken

Beware - you will get ripped off! Signed up for a $15 per month plan because I only needed popups. Several months later, I see a $60 charge on my account. I contacted support to ask them about this, and they said they had sent an email out (which I never received) which said that their pricing tiers were changing based on the amount of customer emails. Very underhanded and shady if you ask me, and I'm sure this happened to a lot of people. I've canceled my account and will never deal with them again.

99-j

After years paying $20/m they suddenly request $70/m and froze my popup without any notice.
Terrible support and experience. Get the same app for free from your email provider (I use Klavyio)

Pure Feast

This app charges based on the number of mailable contacts that are added to your account, even if you aren't using the Privy pop-up to add the contacts. So, your account will continue to grow as they sync any contacts gained by Shopify through sales or sign-ups on your site. We found this out recently when we paused our Privy campaign but then were unexpectedly hit with a price increase because our number of mailable contacts had grown (thanks to Privy pulling Shopify data into our Privy account, completely unbeknownst to us). So even though we weren't using their email capture feature, they still increased their monthly fee... This was not the original terms of service that we agreed to when we started using this app; we have never used it for email or sms, Klaviyo is far superior for that purpose.

The Speedy Cheetah

I started with the free version of this app a very long time ago for just a pop-up. Works great, but OMG the pricing is now a disaster. I am hounded constantly to add their email marketing and now with only 2 weeks notice a 3.5 times monthly price increase ($20 to $70). It is just nuts. I was also told the $20/month price was "locked in" forever. I use MailChimp and they include a free pop-up so going to drop Privy after many years. I really suggest staying away from Privy as everything seemed to change for the worse after they were acquired by a new company.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 44 45