Privy ‑ Pop Ups, Email, & SMS

Email Marketing, SMS, Pop Ups, Cross Sell, Banners & Bars

Free plan available. 15-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.

The Ancient Home

Location Hungary
Time spent using app Over 4 years

We used this app for years, they monetized their old customers raising the prices considerably 2-3 years ago when they got a new CEO. Service haven't improved much, just a monetization technique. The app is not worth the price at all and haven been slowing down our page for all these years paying a great sum. Also they make it very difficult to remove the app and all scripts in the shopify store, there is no information readily available how to uninstall their scripts.

Terra-Core Fitness

Time spent using app Over 2 years

Pricing structure is a lie. We canceled last month due to them trying to charge us $150 to keep the service.. This was outrageous so we canceled immediately. One month later they charge us $150 and the App is UNINSTALLED IN OUR STORE AND WE HAVE NOT USED IT IN A MONTH. Tried to contact various ways and NO ONE responds. Terrible Terrible app. We are currently in the process of reporting them to Shopify in hope they will give us our money back.

David Hicken

Beware - you will get ripped off! Signed up for a $15 per month plan because I only needed popups. Several months later, I see a $60 charge on my account. I contacted support to ask them about this, and they said they had sent an email out (which I never received) which said that their pricing tiers were changing based on the amount of customer emails. Very underhanded and shady if you ask me, and I'm sure this happened to a lot of people. I've canceled my account and will never deal with them again.

Pure Feast

Time spent using app About 2 years

This app charges based on the number of mailable contacts that are added to your account, even if you aren't using the Privy pop-up to add the contacts. So, your account will continue to grow as they sync any contacts gained by Shopify through sales or sign-ups on your site. We found this out recently when we paused our Privy campaign but then were unexpectedly hit with a price increase because our number of mailable contacts had grown (thanks to Privy pulling Shopify data into our Privy account, completely unbeknownst to us). So even though we weren't using their email capture feature, they still increased their monthly fee... This was not the original terms of service that we agreed to when we started using this app; we have never used it for email or sms, Klaviyo is far superior for that purpose.

The Speedy Cheetah

Time spent using app About 5 years

I started with the free version of this app a very long time ago for just a pop-up. Works great, but OMG the pricing is now a disaster. I am hounded constantly to add their email marketing and now with only 2 weeks notice a 3.5 times monthly price increase ($20 to $70). It is just nuts. I was also told the $20/month price was "locked in" forever. I use MailChimp and they include a free pop-up so going to drop Privy after many years. I really suggest staying away from Privy as everything seemed to change for the worse after they were acquired by a new company.

yesUndress

Location Ukraine
Time spent using app Over 2 years

Canceled Privy 6 months ago. But it continues to withdraw money from the bank, also it’s double amount, 60USD! The support tell different stories everyday. The app already debited money from the bank account 12 times. Promised refund, but it’s not! Close that scammers immediately!

Big Head Bob Shop

Time spent using app About 1 year

This app worked well for a few months. When my free trial ended (wasn't aware it was a trial or it would end) I wasn't notified. This app is about notifying people and THEY DIDN'T NOTIFY ME! I had over 1500 visitors to my website in one week and checked to see why I wasn't getting their emails and this poor company didn't send me a pop up email or sms to tell me I need to now pay for the service, which I would have done. Crazy right. There are other services out there dont' make the same mistake I did. After telling them this happened they said nothing we can do would you like to pay for the upgrade. Not great customer service.

Aztec Clothing

Time spent using app Almost 2 years

tripled the subscription price without warning me. It seems like an issue for alot of customers. I used to pay 55usd, they increased this without warning to 165usd. When i asked them to cancel my subscription and refund me I was told that this was not possible. don't waste your time cheaper alternatives elsewhere

USB & MORE

Location South Africa

Absolute crazy been using the app since Feb 2021 and sending over 20k emails per day , 3 days ago they FORCED me to sign a 3 month contract , the very next day my account is blocked because it has not conformed to regulations .YOU BUILT MY DATABASE FROM SUBSCRIBERS !!!! HOW CAN I NOW BE AT FAULT , THIS IS JUST AS GOOD AS STEALING MY MONEY I WILL ISSUE A STOP PAY AT PAYPAL !!!

Petponia

The app is very basic and is missing very basic audience segment options that all other apps like Mailchimp or Klavio have. It is very disappointing. The email flows are also very basic and not on the level of Klavio and Mailchimp. They will also not allow you to clean up your email list. If you delete some of your email, they will cancel your subscription. I had a lot of new emails from a giveaway, I sent an email to the giveaway email list and they didn't perform well so I deleted that list as it was hurting my opening rate and I didn't want to email that list any more. Privy accused me of deleting the emails to reduce my monthly price. I explained to them the situation and they still said that if I delete another email they will cancel my subscription which is ridiculous because I decide who I want on my email list and it is my right to clean up my email list for better performance especially when their app is missing a lot of crucial audience segmentation options

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10