Bold Product Builder

Bold Product Builder

by BOLD

Let your customers build their own customized products.

Bischibikes

The app does not provide a amplified foto from the products, Just the thumbnails. It looks terrible!
I also have problems because all my products suddenly disappear from the preview, and the support they provide is just by email (the live chat does not work), it takes a long time for them to answer, and the team are clearly not qualified. They never seem to understand what you say, I always need to make a print screen to show them the issue, and it makes the process even more slow. They never gave me a solution of anything I asked until now.
Really disapointed...

Pooters Diapers

Very misleading. They say it's super easy to do but as soon as you install it they pop up a full list of detailed techy instructions and then offer to do it for you for an additional $40. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a free 30 day trial. This is a scam!

Slimtech

This app is awful; extremely complex and not mobile compatible. DO NOT BUY THIS

Xiiskate

A terrible App.
Not Mobile Friendly.
Overall look and feeling is beyond bad. It takes your images and makes them look pixelated.
We installed this on 2 sites. The second install that we paid for on this site was never completed and our money never returned. We keep getting a http 500 error message.
We spent a lot of time creating 3000+ images only to be let down by this app.
Before installing this app read through their reviews and look at the sites. No one seems to be using this app? Are these all fake reviews?

Peg World

A very old app that is extremely outdated for these times with mobile traffic being so high.
After implementing it into our 2 sites and paying the installation fees we found the app to be outdated. It is like Bold has this app and just continues to make money off it without any constant or meaningful updates.
Unfortunately this was an expensive waste of time and money. Bold support is great but its their way or no way because that is how it is built.
Image sizing and constraints are a problem especially when you have created 3000 odd images to their specs and they "Fix a bug" and now you must just resize. Images look terrible and if you take pride in awesome crystal clear images this app is not for you, pretty sure its not for any one.
Overall we are pretty frustrated with this app and the lack of upfront information on its limitations.

Laced Decal

Honestly, YOU (bold) could do better.

First let's start with the most important part of this review. Most of the good reviews of this app seem to be fake. How I recognize that is by going to all of the stores that all these positive reviews lead too. 90% of them don't use this apps services, so its hard to believe they just think its cool to pay you guys to not use your poor services. DON'T use this app unless your whole entire business strategy depends on it.

Visually, this app looks absolutely terrible. Besides the lack of support, difficult settings, and poor design of software, the page that the app produces on your store is hideous! Like, we are talking craigslist style. Don't waste your time or money on this app.

Second I want to tell you about how difficult programming this app is. Notice I said "programming", because that is exactly what you have to do to get the app to work. To make this app work for your store, you literally have to write code like sets of rules. Which by the way is explained no where in the tutorial sections of this app. Also to let it even go live on your store you actually do have to mess with the code of your store. So just to be able to understand how to use this app, and/or install it, you're going to need some knowledge in computer programming.

Thirdly let me go over what I mean by hideous. After 4 hours teasing my brain trying to figure out the mechanics of this app, I found out that the page it actually produces (build a product page) is visually awful! They give you very little options of changing the layout of the page, but even the options you do have don't do much. It is next to impossible to be able to match this 'build a product' page to your actual store. The design of the page literally looks like you are on craigslist. Absolutely no modern influence seemed to have gone into the visual designing of this software.

My honest opinion of the app is that, BOLD OWES ME MONEY. Just like the rest of you shoppifiers, my time is valuable. Sadly, I put a lot of time into trying to get this to work only to find out it is a COMPLETE RIP OFF of time and money at the rate they charge.

Seriously, they should be paying us to use it just to fix all of their problems. The developers of this app seem like the type of people that I hate through what they have produced. Money hungry let downs that don't understand the importance of quality work. If they did, they wouldn't be charging $60 dollars a month for me to have a headache and waste advertising money on a page that looks worse than Trumps hair cut.

Come on guys, again YOU CAN DO BETTER.

Saraf Furniture

Uninstalled the app within hours due to lack of support, and we were right, its been about a month and we haven't yet received the REFUND, and worse, there is no communication from support, once asked about it

Redneck Nation

Been paying for this ap for months now (second time I have downloaded it and tried to get somewhere) First off NOT OPTIMIZED for mobile??? Ummm really? Anyone who knows anything about e commerce knows that 78% of customers are now using mobile devices or tablets to shop and checkout on online stores. What are we in 1997 thinking people are on desk tops, The numbers don't lie. This could be such a huge tool for us and despite trying to figure it out on our own and a few phone calls with the company we are still no closer to getting any resolution. We then asked them well how would we get this to fit and be optimized for mobile format and came back with a price of $6,000 dollars! To which my question is WHY NOT just have your people optimize it on your own dime being it will help ALL of your customers being again there is such a huge number of people using mobile devices to shop in our current time. 100% discouraged and dissatisfied. If you do not know code then do not even bother.

Happyweedfarmer

I have sent 5 support emails the items were not creating the correct total I am so disappointed with this product plus they started billing me the 60 a month I have not even got a notification saying when or if they plan on helping, I hope this only a temporary setback since their is no alternative and I will have to leave shopify

Beer City Glass

DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT.

Not only is the management interface very, very unintuitive and inefficient to add products, options, and images (uploading each image and option variation image takes about 6 clicks - ugh. No bulk upload either.)

BIGGEST GRIPE: This product has a deal-breaker piece of functionality. When you add products and product options - you have to click a button to "generate image scenarios" so that you can upload an individual image for each scenario. This is all well and good, but now let's say you ever change or add an option. You have to click that button again to generate the new scenarios. Guess what. IT ERASES EVERY IMAGE YOU'VE EVER UPLOADED. So if you, like me, had thousands of images saved to various scenarios (product + artwork + color, etc) - then you have to go through and upload EACH IMAGE AGAIN, one at a time (6 clicks to upload each image). This user experience alone should stop you from wasting $60/month on this product.

If you build your Product Builder and never want to ever change it again, than this product may just work for you.

Previous 1