Bold Product Builder

Bold Product Builder

by BOLD

Let your customers build their own customized products.

Smokea

Right idea but far from perfect. There really needs to be a decent app on the marketplace that does what this says it does but unfortunately there just isn't. Bold once again has tried to push a product that does the bare minimum. The list of things wrong with this app is too long to post. I've tried several Bold apps and always seem to end up cancelling them due to limitation that they are unwilling to fix. Another sad day for Bold users.

Intellimeter

Our experience with bold product builder has not been thoroughly positive. There are many issues when it comes to their conditional logic. It is very difficult to make changes once the conditional logic is made, it's quite finicky. Customer support is great, but it is a lengthy process to get help. The customer agents we worked with were at times vague, or did not fully understood the issue. We probably spent more time explaining issues than solving them. Bold also never got back to us on our custom build request.

Curatedmass

Was excited to find this app, essentially it's exactly what I need. Unfortunately after you add all your products and options in the last step you have to click a button to "generate image scenarios" to assign an individual image for each scenario. Makes sense, but if you ever change or add an option that affects the assigned images, you have to click that button again to REgenerate the new scenarios and it erases ALL of your past uploads. If you never intend on adding products after your intial upload to the app, it would be fine. BOLD something to think about improving possibly?

The back end was a bit clunky and hard to make changes (font, frame size, photo size) for a non programmer. I mean I'm on shopify because I'm not a programmer right?

I paid to have the app installed because again, I'm not a programmer. The customer service was a bit lacking pending the installation of the app but the follow up after my review shows BOLD does indeed care about their brand and has potential to provide adequate customer support.

Amfora: The Liquid Deli

The app itself is good and brings much needed functionality to Shopify however potential customers should be aware of a few bugs with this application and the lack of action, in my experience, in resolving them to date.

I spent a considerable sum with Bold customising the app for my store but I have come across some crippling bugs. Having raised these issues my tickets were closed without resolution and merged into another ticket. Despite multiple attempts for a response that ticket is still open two months later and I have received no update.

Bugs happen, thats understandable, however high impact issues in this case have not been worked on and have been left as known issues with no updates as to when they will be resolved.

My main issue is that when updating products set within my builders they frequently do not save and they automatically duplicate the product description text, often 100 times! Also be aware that when updating product pricing in Shopify this does not flow into the products setup within the builder - this must be done manually (to show the correct price within the builder). This bug means that a manual update that should take a few hours (e.g. to update prices) can take days, literally. It is becoming unworkable and there has been no sign of a solution from Bold to date.

So be aware, if you have more than 100 products in your store, this app could become a real issue for your business until these bugs are actually addressed by Bold.

If these were fixed, I'd highly recommend it. As it stands, it comes with a few health warnings attached! Others seem to have had great support from Bold but in this case we have been let down so far - I hope I can update this review with more positive news at some point soon.

Swiftoutdoors

Great app' but can get quite complex if you have a large number of options - particularly images. Work on simplifying this with a duplicate feature or bulk upload option would make a huge improvement.
We use it to configure a custom built fly rod or kit and has been customised to integrate with inventory which seems to work well.
- Updated - Uninstalled this some time ago, not optimised for mobile and pretty much unusable as such. We spend a huge amount customizing this with this company. Never again

CO2Art

I'm very disappointed. It is so hard to use this application. Especially if you making very complicated builder. Options are not always saved, so if you done several new options, saved you work, you may find out that you lost everything you done! Descriptions are converted into html, you need to reedit each one every time. No option to let customer pick quantity in builder. To be honest, for this much money I would expect something better quality.