The new product options app from bold, (same company) works better. This did not work out and BOLD has done a lot more work on the new product options app that kind of replaces this.
Ok the concept is brilliant but execution is not really up to par (And at $60 p/month / $720 p/year this is up there as one of the most expensive apps)
Lets tackle the fact that Display / Layout / design on a mobile device is extremely poor. For example;
1. All the 'Steps' are stacked on top of each other, then once you scroll down you can see the product in the first step...but if you have more than 4 steps this is not obvious at first that you even need to scroll down!
2. To select that product the customer has to DOUBLE TAP it...and we all know what that means on almost all mobile devices right! Yup...BOOM you have a zoom! You have to pinch to zoom back out, and then press once, then wait a second and press again to select the product, very poor customer experience for 50% of your users on your store.
I am amazed that this has been allowed to be pushed out in this state, was it tested by anyone outside the organisation and feedback gathered?
If you want to see what I am blithering on about in terms of design, see: https://moderncombatsports.co.uk/pages/paintball-gun-builder
1. Both mobile and desktop version suffer with a problem where you cannot have 'optional' product steps. The customer is ALWAYs forced to make a selection. In our case the paintball gun builder we offer a foregrip option...its optional and not required to make a functional product...but this cannot be skipped, something has to be selected to allow the customer to continue the journey. After contact support we were told this is how the app was built, sorry. Amazing feature which is lacking to just allow a skip of a product! Surely building in a NON selection is far more simple that building in a product selection?
2. Back end photo import is a massive pain, all images have to be forced down to the EXACT size denoted by the APP. What would be awesome is a feature where it auto does this for you when the option is mapped to a variant.
3. Once mapped to a variant its not possible to change the price field, this is a real missed opportunity as discount could be applied when customer do build up an expensive product to encourage more selection (seeing as they cant skip even if they wanted to lol!)
Good points are;
1. It does actually almost get you where you want to be...just.
2. Conditions / Rules can be created to show or hide products based on the previous selection.
Really sorry I had to leave this review, but as always with Bold they come across as VERY rigid, the response is almost always 'well this is the way it was built' leaving the customer (us!) feeling there is no hope! And convincing them a change is required is more or less impossible.
Bay Way Window Fashions
The App did not work for what we wanted. it is difficult to get setup. we have canceled the app for us and are waiting for a refund from Bold for the liquid installation for this app and another one that we had them do so we could try. Bold promises that they would refund the money if the app did not work.
Variant & API Test Site
App was not working but issued was fixed. I'll update the review when I actually get to use it.
This app is very powerful, but also intimidating. I did not set it up for two weeks simply because it was overwhelming. Wish it came with one free configuration.