Product Options & Customizer

Product options, customize product variations, variant options

Free plan available. 14-day free trial.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

GoRunUSA

Not cool. I chatted with several people. Like 4 different people over the course of 6 days. Not one person answered any of my questions. All had the same response. Someone from our team will get back to you shortly. What a waste of my precious time. Very disappointed after reading all the great reviews

July 25, 2022

Hello to our friends from GoRunUSA

I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experience that you had with our customer service. I understand your frustration due to the miscommunication. We are so sorry about what happened here ( It is not at all normal with our app.)

If you are open to trying our app again, please let me know and I will personally take care of your case. We work hard to make sure every merchant who uses our app has an A+ experience. I sincerely hope that you would give us another chance to get it right for your store.

Sukie

Time spent using app Almost 6 years

I have used this app for several years and it worked well and I would have previously given it 4 stars. However I recently upgraded to a 2.0 shopify theme and the app stopped working. The developer was initially quick to respond and managed to get the theme working on chrome - although it was rather glitchy and wasn't a great customer experience at checkout. They couldn't get it to work at all on Safari or on mobile and that was it really! After not hearing from them for a week or so I deleted the app and found one with more features, that works, and is half the price.

June 23, 2022

Julia, Thank you very much for leaving us this feedback. This is Pushpesh, the Customer Success Manager with Product Customizer.

I am sorry to hear that the app did not work perfectly on the safari browser and on the mobile. We regret that we were not able to provide you with a good app experience. I'm VERY sorry about this, it is not at all what we aim for.

This seems to be a very peculiar issue with the theme you are on where the ajax mechanism is not carrying the app data to the cart. If you are open to trying the app again, please let me know and I will arrange for our best developers to look into your case ASAP.

We also love to offer complimentary live screen-share calls to all our valued clients where we can talk you through the whole process and make double-sure our app is playing well with your theme. We work hard to make sure every merchant who uses our app has an A+ experience. I sincerely hope that you would give us another chance to get it right for your store.

3DQue

Time spent using app About 8 hours

All of the links to instructions and help pages were broken - page not found errors and no chat support available.

May 30, 2022

Hello to our friends at 3DQue

I thoroughly checked your concern and there indeed was an issue with the links being broken. That was a technical glitch and we have since addressed the issue. If you are still interested in trying out our app, please let me know and I will get our best developers to help you get this right.

We offer 24-hr live chat support, Monday through Friday (plus live support during many hours each weekend). Please reach out to us via the live chat feature in the app and we will reply to you within minutes to resolve any issues you might be facing.

coffeecafeBE

Location Belgium

Worst shopify app experience ever! So many bugs, poor (no sorry very poor) customer support. Didn't manage to fix simple issues within the first few days. If they went higher up the chain to Kevon he could fix the issues, but then new issues would pop-up instantly. There are much cheaper alternatives available ... I recommend they fix their first line support first..because with these default mails they sent the communication is very poor and often misunderstood. Very frustrating experience! Update 05/10/2021: I got a follow up from Pushpesh to check the things again, based on my bad review. Since I already looked into an alternative I'm not going through with that, but others might. So in all honesty they are responsive, I just wish (especially when on a tight deadline) that this kind of urgency would be earlier in the process and not only after a 1 star review.

October 5, 2021

Frederic, Thank you very much for leaving us this feedback. This is Pushpesh, the Customer Success Manager with Product Customizer.

I am sorry to hear that not all of your issues were resolved within the first few days. We regret that we were not able to provide you a good experience with the app. I'm VERY sorry about this, it is not at all what we aim for.

Would you be open to give us a chance to try this again? I can personally make sure you are 100% taken care of and get our BEST developers to get it right for your store's theme right away.

Please let me know if I can help you with that? Again I'm very sorry about your experience.

Source Vitál Pro

I couldn't get their "wizard" to actually work correctly. After going round and round providing the same information multiple times, their support completely stopped corresponding with me. I guess if they thought if they ignored me, the issue would just go away. Terrible experience.

February 4, 2021

We're very sorry about the experience here and this is definitely not what we'd want you to have with our app.
The Wizard is not perfect however it runs seamlessly on over 500 stores since its release with the exception of some themes that were custom/modified.

We'd like to work on the issue and walk you through the Wizard via Live Chat or a Web Call as soon as possible. I have emailed you so you can reach out as soon as you're able to.

Thanks!

Newyorkcreation

One of Worst app in this category.. product not able to synced with real time.. every time i have to contact to customer support.. what the hell is this also they charge 19$ for nothing..

August 25, 2020

Just a friendly followup here - we never heard from you on how we could help fix this. We really want to help... Could you let us know? Thanks!
-Sean

Hello to our friends from Fitness Cube!

Thanks for leaving this review, and I'm so sorry the app didn't work as expected. That is not a normal issue that our users have, so sincerest apologies.

Did you know that our app includes 100% Free and Unlimited support? We would have fixed that for you right away if we had known about this issue. With our app, changes to products or product options DO UPDATE in real-time. But if they weren't on your store, we could have fixed that immediately...

Can you give us a chance to fix this for you? Happy to credit that charge back to you right away as well...

Please let me know asap - we are 100% here to help, 24/7...

Sean H & The Product Customizer Support Team

Heinrichs Jewellery

The app claimed to do what I needed, however the software didn't work properly and consistently and their customer service failed to help after repeated requests over a two week period. I will update this review should they decide to remedy this.

May 26, 2020

Hello to our friends with Heinrichs Jewelry,

Sean here, the Customer Success Manager with Product Customizer.

I just reviewed the convos and it looks like from May 21 - May 24, we left you hanging. I'm SO sorry about that. Obviously we have some work to do at this point with our support team so that we aren't losing track of these conversations. That is not the way we want to do business, and it wasn't intentional. I will be doing what needs to be done to make sure that doesn't happen to any of our valued clients in the future.

That said, I now have our tier 1 developer looking into this for you to try and get to the bottom of it and get it finally resolved. First off, he is doing an inventory "refresh" on your store right now, which will take a few of hours (sometimes up to 12) to complete.

Let's see how that does, then re-check later this afternoon. I am in Denver (12:22pm MST my time presently)... so I'll be here. And Ainsley will be here for the next 6-7 hours... and I am back in first thing tomorrow mornings, so doing everything in our power to get this fully fixed for you asap.

Thanks again for your understanding. I feel terrible that we left you hanging.

Stay tuned for another email from us in a few hours if you would...

Sean H

Tagged By Coby

Location United Arab Emirates

The worst app and customer support ever, I have been in troubles to put my data then the app crashed and the support deleted my data without any permission and told me they solved the problem, I added the data and setup everything again then it crashed again, Support replies after 5 mails and a week of waiting, they destroyed and delayed my business and deals, Please choose any other app.

May 26, 2020

Hello friends from Tagged By Coby!

SO appreciate the time you took to give this great review! We are pretty proud of both our our great customer support AND our app! We hope your store is immensely successful! Let us know if there are every any questions or issues -- always here to help :)

-Sean the Customer Success Manager & The Product Options and Customizer Support Team

Breach

Location Denmark

Did not work with Testament Theme and other issues. Cannot display as I want and would add weird products and cost to cart. Deleted and reverted the liquid files. Nothing but hassle ... and support do not work the weekend so be prepared if you are trying on a live shop.

August 19, 2019

Hello!
This is Sean, the Customer Success Manager for Product Customizer. We took over this app from the previous owner :)

You left a negative review for Product Customizer a long time ago and I am emailing to see if you wouldn’t mind removing it (or adding more stars)?

We have already made several improvements and fixes to past issues with this app - and it REALLY helps our ranking on the App Store if we can remove the handful of negative reviews.

Please let me know how I can support you and help in return? I appreciate it very much!

-Sean & the Product Customizer Team
------------------------------

Previous reply:

Thanks for leaving us this review. This is Sean, the Customer Success Manager here. I have reviewed our email messages with you and it looks like we had some serious code conflicts on your theme files which caused customized pricing to add up incorrectly in your cart. VERY sorry about this trouble. I have messaged you again to try and offer some solutions and time frames for them, as we are committed to getting every store's theme working seamlessly with our app. This is indeed a very rare happening.

If you decide to give us a chance to get this right for you, we will certainly work hard over the next day to do so! Thanks for your communication and understanding.
-Sean H & The Product Options & Customizer Support Team

KMM & Co.

We would not recommend using Product Customizer if you need to add options that cost the customer extra. The app has a serious glitch that causes those charges to stick around in the cart even after a customer removes the associated product from their cart. The issue has persisted for months, and the developers have been unable to fix the problem. (Communication on the status of the efforts to resolve the glitch was also very spotty, which just made it more frustrating.) We ended up finding another solution -- for us, that was using Shopify's variants feature -- because the app was costing us too much money in lost sales. It was also a nightmare for our customer service team. Hate to leave a bad review as the idea of the app is great, and the conditional logic feature is one we haven't found elsewhere. But ultimately we'd recommend finding a different solution -- Product Customizer just isn't up to our standards.

June 27, 2019

Hello!

-Sean & the Product Customizer Team
------------------------------

Previous reply:

Friends from KMM,

This is Sean, the Customer Success manager here. Our apologies that our app caused this persistent issue with your store's theme. In rare cases a theme is just too custom for us to find a fix, but that is very rare indeed. Thanks for giving us a chance and I'm sorry it wasn't all you hope it would be! If there is ever anything we can do for you to help redeem your experience (if and when you change your theme in the future) please do let us know.

We try our hardest to solve 100% of client issues, and it really bums us out when one can't be resolved. Thanks for your communication.

Previous 1