Product Options & Customizer

Product options, customize product variations, variant options

Free plan available. 14-day free trial.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Puck Knob

Great customer service with Yaneeke P. Otherwise, pretty disappointed that we can't view our live upload.

October 23, 2021

Hello to our friends from Puck Knob

We’re pleased that Yaneeke was able to resolve all your issues with the app promptly. We’ll make sure we pass your kind words along to Yaneeke, who we know will be delighted to read your comment. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us. The live preview feature that you requested is on our roadmap and we will be launched soon. We're really thankful for amazing customers like you and we hope your store scores it big online!

Cheers,
Pushpesh & the Product Customizer Support Team

BedPlanet

Time spent using app About 1 year

Hoping that support gets better. We had an issue where the prouct dropdowns we created stopped calculating and adding the extra charges to the customization. For example, we might offer customers the ability to upgrade to white glove delivery for an extra fee. This is currently not adding the extra fee at all. When I recorded a video gif of the problem and sent them a link, they tried to say it's slow internet even though my gif clearly shows the blunder happening. Hoping to update my review once they fix it, but going on day 3 during one of the biggest selling periods of the year for us (mother's day) without a fix. UPDATE: Customizer has been fixed and is working, although I'm going to keep this review at 3* until it works solidly for a month without a hiccup.

November 5, 2020

Hello to our friends from BedPlanet

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us. We're really thankful for amazing customers like you and we hope your store scores it big online! :-)

-Melissa & The Product Options & Customizer Team

Bloomtown

Works pretty well (so far!) but in the few weeks since we installed it, we have had a customer order without having to pay for an add-on that should have been charged at checkout, with no explanation from the team as to how this could have happened or how we can prevent it (they suggested it could have been due to a cart drawer, but one look at our website would tell you we don't have one!). So, not great. The custom options also look very weird at checkout, in terms of how they are charged. If something costs £16, the item is charged as .01 X 1600, which could be very confusing the customer. Provided we don't have any further mishaps, I will definitely update my review!

October 30, 2020

Hello to our friends from Bloomtown,

Thanks for the word on this. Regarding the first issue, with that order that came through with no billing, we'd need to investigate it a bit further. On the second item, it is a normal way the app works with Shopify checkout (which is restricted to app developers). I'll email you from our support team email box.

Thanks for raising these - we will help as much as possible!

- Melissa & The Product Options & Customizer Team

A Gilded Leaf

Time spent using app About 1 month

The reason for three stars is that the app messed up the custom liquid I had done by a developer we hired. Please be aware that most developers won't fix any issues that arose from an outside source and will charge you to fix the glitch (which can be very costly) Product Customizer will say that it is not within their support to fix the issue that their theme created. In the end, even though the app looked promising and support did a great job making it look like part of your theme, we could not use the app. I would recommend this app if you do not have any custom liquid done on your product page. Also, remember to duplicate your theme before downloading the app. I was able to delete all the app's liquid within my theme with no problem and my issue was resolved once everything was deleted. Also, support was very helpful in all other matters and they do try to make their app work with your theme.

May 28, 2019

Hello!
This is Sean, the Customer Success Manager for Product Customizer. We took over this app from the previous owner :)

You left a negative review for Product Customizer a long time ago and I am emailing to see if you wouldn’t mind removing it (or adding more stars)?

We have already made several improvements and fixes to past issues with this app (including new features and 24/7 support) - and it REALLY helps our ranking on the App Store if we can remove the handful of negative reviews.

Please let me know how I can support you and help in return? I appreciate it very much!

---------------------------
Previous Reply:​

This is Sean, the Customer Success Manager with Product Customizer. I wanted to say thanks for taking the time to review us. Our tier-2 tech support guy Daniel tried his best to figure out your formatting issue for a couple of days, but couldn't. ​Every now and than, we encounter a theme that we just can't seem to get working seamlessly with our app (granted that's VERY rare), and it is super frustrating for us when that happens, because we want it to work perfectly for ever user and client of ours.

​Again, please accept our apologies that this happened this way. Thanks for your understanding... ​Sean Hyatt, Customer Success Manager, Product Options & Customizer

SiMEDIO

Location Poland
Time spent using app Over 1 year

Unfortunatelly, I have to change my review. App is not performing well (when a product has an additional paid option made by this app, after removing this product from a cart this paid option IS NOT removed and it's impossible to remove it; and on mobile, you can't remove neigher this product nor this paid option).
I did report this issue over three weeks ago and still it's not fixed. And for two weeks now I have no info from their part.
It's not at all professional and even if I like the rest part of this app, I just decided to delete it and use the other one. Sorry, but my store should work in 100% correctly. And with this app it doesn't.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I use this app for over a year now and I can't imagine my store without it.
Since I sell customized baby fashion, I need an app which gives me a possibility to add baby's name, birth date, or any other custom option. What is also very important to me is that I have more than 100 variants in almost all my products, and thanks to Product Customizer I can offer these products with ease.

What I really love in this app is conditional logic and the team (which is really helpfull).
The only thing I'd like to have in this app and which is missing is the product's photo change while changing product options.
But even that, for me it's the best app for products options.

March 19, 2020

Armed To The Teeth

It seemed to work for a while but every time a customer would go to the page it sometimes wouldn't even show up. Would be a blank section that didn't look good. I deleted the app but still got charged. Might work for others but not for me.

March 19, 2020