Bold Discounts ‑ The Sale App

Bold Discounts ‑ The Sale App

by BOLD

Best BFCM App. Schedule storewide, flash & discount sales FAST

Delia Langan Jewelry

My MAIN issue is that they falsely advertise with images showing the sale countdown clock on homepages - THEY DO NOT OFFER A HOMEPAGE COUNTDOWN CLOCK. Despite Bold showing many images in their blog and sample websites showing it on the homepage. You can only put the clock on ****individual product pages***.

Additionally, I've had many issues with this app not working properly - one time the sale wouldn't go down and customer service wanted me to wait 24 hours for me to help, meanwhile my customers were able to take advantage of a sale that was supposed to have ended and I wasn't able to stop it.

ROOLEE

I'm sure this app is useful for smaller shops. Unfortunately, we found it to be very inconsistent and unreliable. Support is very slow and there are features that don't work the way they claim. Shops with collections carrying more than 50 products aren't going to have a good time.

I was very hopeful when I first found the app but left after the free trial to find a more reliable solution.

November 6, 2019

Hi there, I just wanted to apologize that you have had a bad experience with our app and our support. We certainly do not want our customers to have a poor experience when working with us, and we sincerely apologize!

Unfortunately, we weren't able to find any correspondence with you aside from this review. Our specialist, Guri, has reached out to you via phone and email in order to see if we can get to the bottom of the issue, as he mentioned that the installation was not completed by our ROBO installer or by our installation experts.

We hope to be able to get in touch with you!

Goods

Forget about this app. It was a total nightmare. When I deleted the discounts I set up from the app they were not removed from the store so I had to go into the site and remove each one and re-price them one by one! Also, some of the discounts the app applied were 30% & 40% rather than the 10% & 20% I wanted and even a few products were reduced to €0!!!

Now, maybe this could all of been avoided with the help of customer support but as I'm in Europe and the developers are in the US, it was very difficult to converse with customer support due to the time difference.

I don't like writing poor reviews but as this app cost an extensive amount of money (in extra discounts) and time, I want to warn others about the pitfalls.

November 5, 2019

Hello there. I just wanted to first thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we value all feedback we get, especially when it comes to an app that we recently released a newer version of.

Secondly, I wanted to sincerely apologize for the issues you ran into with the app. From our end, it looks like there was too much time between responses due to trying to look into things for you, and the time zone differences. Unfortunately, due to an unknown bug that was discovered over the weekend, the prices were not properly reflecting, and reverted back.

If you are interested in trying out our previous version of Bold Discounts, we'd be happy to help you with that, and we want to do anything we can to turn this around for you since it was not at all the sort of experience we want our customers to have when they use one of our apps.

Bangili

The biggest mistake of my e-commerce journey: I installed the Product Discounts App by Bold.

I scheduled all my products by collection to be in sale.

Some collections had a 10% and some a 15%.

I tested the night before with one collection and everything worked.

When a price is discounted two things happen: 1. the regular price appears scratched next to the discounted price and 2. a SALE banner appears on the right top corner of the product.

When I woke up at 5 am I checked the store and it was a DISASTER, this is what happened:

- Some products had more than 15% discount (this was impossible, since 15% was the highest discount that I was offering)
- Most products didn’t show the regular price next to the discounted price, only the discounted price
- The SALE banner was missing in a lot of products
- Products that already were discounted and in a collection I didn’t apply a discount were discounted as well…

Bold was manually undoing the job that took me HOURS. Some guy was in my store reverting my work. Someone went into my store, without my permission and started modifying the prices for each product only to show the regular price. Did I ask them to do that? No, I did not! How dare you go into my store and change things around without my consent?

I reached out AGAIN to try to understand what was going on, you Bold's customer service confirmed that someone on their team was manually reverting all my sale prices to my regular prices (again: who authorized that?).

I revoked Bold’s access to my store and contacted them again to see why there were doing something so senseless, negligent and completely disrespectful, super unprofessional… HOW DARE YOU?

Then, I had to go again and start putting half of my store on sale because Bold undid my work without my consent or my permission.

At 2pm my nightmare was over.

Bold had me going crazy from 5am to 2pm, that’s 7 hours of my life wasted because of an app that doesn’t work, customer service that is incapable of doing what is asked of them and senseless and negligent behaviour. I had to postpone my Black Month sale all because of this… all ruined, all my planing and effort just disappeared.

DON'T USE THIS APP OR ANY APP BY BOLD EVER.

Luscious Leather NYC

They do not know what they are doing. I asked them questions and they say let me send you some literature. Instead of answering the question. I was unhappy with the service during the trial and I deleted it before the trial ended but the sale is still going on, even though I have written to customer service four times in the past 6 days. I get an email they are going to help me but they dont. I am in bold Hell.

October 1, 2019

Hello there, I just wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences, as it helps us evaluate how we are handling inquiries and requests. We like sharing our Help Center articles as it can be helpful to understand what went wrong, and how to fix it in case it were to happen again in the future! We're very sorry you found this to be avoiding answering the question.

We are very dedicated to getting this all resolved for you, and I'm very sorry we have been having some difficulty connecting via phone! I'm hoping that our specialists can connect with you today in order to get this sorted out, so that you no longer have the app on your store as per your wishes.

Gavin Luxe

If I could less than 1 star I would. I installed the app and that was fine until it came time for the app to be uninstalled. My site was left with lots of left over code with products still displaying with discounted prices.

Also, once I tried removing the code now my entire catalog of products is showing as unavailable. So basically I'm losing money every day as I've yet to get a response today after several emails and also after the first person said that my problem would be solved asap. In the meantime this is the second day that my website is non operational.

If you're ok with having lots of buggy code left in your site I guess this is the app for you. If not, I'd suggest you move on to another alternative solution.

July 16, 2019

Hello there. I just wanted to thank you for leaving us this feedback, as it helps us evaluate how we need to improve in the future.

We are very regrettable that it took so long for us to find a resolution, as the issue turned out to be much more complicated than we originally expected. We are very sorry for all of the inconvenience this has caused; it is certainly not what we wanted the outcome to be.

Unfortunately, when the app was removed there were variants that had not been removed or deleted which caused some issues on the storefront. We had many types of specialists work on the issue and we believe that your store should be restored.

Please let us know if you are finding any other issues, and we will work diligently to figure out what else needs to be done. However, it appears that everything should be in working order now!

Once again, we want to offer our sincerest apologies.

Tino's Boutique

WHAT A RIP OFF - DONT BOTHER, to clarify in big flashing letters these scam artists want £10 a product to install their sales app on, you literally are giving them money for nothing - ive worked with liquid code before as i designed my own site but theyve intentionally made this so you have to pay someone to install it as everywhere you turn on their help page takes you to a purchase option! livid that ive been scammed by these cranks.

April 16, 2019

Hello there, thank you for your review. I just wanted to reiterate that our Bold Discounts app works right out of the box and does not require any Liquid coding!

That is, unless you wanted to add some additional visual elements using custom CSS, which we can absolutely help with (for free!). Let us know if you'd like us to submit a free request on your behalf and we'd be more than happy to help add some additional visuals to your app.

Tom of Finland Store

THIS IS THE WORST APP I HAVE EVER USED - AND THE SERVICE IS TERRIBLE! BE AWARE! I USED THE DISCOUNT TOOL AND IT MESED UP MY PRICING BELOW COST SO I LOST MONEY FOR AN ENTIRE DAY. THE SERVICE REP PROMISED TO FIX THE PROBLEM - AND SEIX HOURS LATER CAME BACK TO ME TELLING THAT I HAD TO MANUALLY CONFIGURE THE 850 AFFECTED PRODUCTS, THE ONLY THING THEY OFFERED AS REMIDY WS 6 MONTHS FREE - WHICH IS A JOKE. I LOST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AS A RESULT. ON TOP OF IT ALL - THEY SAID IT WAS MY FAULT. NEVER AGAIN.

BLACKTAILOR

DONT USE THIS APP.

I strongly recommend you guys DO NOT USE it.
It make all products in my website in big DISCOUNT and lose a lot of money.
NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. Such a Rubbish app.

West Texas Justice

This app has some major problems and is absolutely the slowest syncing app I have ever used. I made several discounts and added them to my store and they showed correctly. I started running the promotions but when I checked the next morning all the discounts were gone. The product still showed the Sale logo but the price was back to full retail. Support told me I would have to make each discount inactive and let it sync and then activate and sync it again. This took me over 8 hours but worked and discounts were showing again even though the amount of time it took was ridiculous. Next morning I check my site and all the discounts are gone again. I sent another email to support several hours ago but still have not heard back from them. I am looking for another app that will work now.

Previous 1 3 4 5