Order & Product Fees

Order & Product Fees

by MageWorx

Add extra fees to incease your sales and average order value.

Connector ID

I wanted to be able to apply the processing fee for International customers that utilize Paypal. I don't want to build the fee into my product price. After watching the video I downloaded the app but was later told by support that this was not possible. Nice try.

June 10, 2019

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that our app didn’t manage to cover your requirements. However, Shopify doesn’t allow adding extra charges for specific payment methods, because the payment method is chosen during the checkout only.
Our app can add a processing fee that will be applied to the orders matching the available product and cart conditions. Unfortunately, the payment method chosen during the current user’s checkout flow is not something that Shopify API allows to retrieve by 3rd party apps.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Switchback Brewing Co

The staff was amazing, until Black Friday, when they were unresponsive, and the app stopped working properly. It failed to charge a processing fee on every cart, it randomly charged the fee even when all the settings were correct (the staff at MageWorx set up the fee for my store themselves.)

Pretty unhappy with this situation at the moment.

HMJ - Wholesale

Avoid this app. For every item fee you want to add it creates an entirely new/separate "product" that appears in your cart, which is unbelievably ugly and confusing to customers. So if you've got 10 actual products in your cart, you've also got 10 fee "items" in your cart, on the receipt/invoice, etc. It's a really poor way to go about adding item fees and it blows me away that anyone thought to create an app around it. Granted, it is probably this way due to their inability to do anything on the Checkout pages (Shopify rules), but its still a pretty awful.

It also creates an unbelievable number of products in your database. I only have 7 real products and I've already spent the last 15 minutes deleting, literally, hundreds of these things.

I'm giving this two stars because the support can be helpful. They did a good bit of customization for me, perhaps knowing how awful their app is, but in the end it just wasn't enough. I hired an expert who customized code in about 30 minutes that is lightyears beyond what this app does.

And while support can be helpful, if you're in the US, beware -- they're in Belarus and so the end of their day is 11am PST, if you're lucky. So unless you want to wake up at 3am every day to try to get this working, you have to wait 24 hours, usually, for a response to any question you have. Pretty painful stuff. We were glad to be rid of it.