Bold Product Options

Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

wigs

I used this app to add colour swatches and size options to my products and i found it easy and straightforward. The team support has been amazing. They are quick to respond and eager to do whatever they can to help. I would highly recommend this app. Michel

November 18, 2019

Hi Michel,

Thanks so much for leaving us a review! We're so happy to hear you're loving our app to offer colour swatches and size options to your products. Customers love having options, and we're happy that you've been able to add that to your product offerings!

We're glad you've been enjoying the app, and have had a great experience with our customer service team. Thanks again, and please let us know if we can help with anything else in the future!

Precision Computers Store

First of all, many people believe Bold have the monopoly on this type of App. Not true. I checked them ALL, and there is *one* other that is comparable. We went with Bold because we had less problems getting it to work to begin with. It is difficult, cumbersome and fiddly to get everything set up and working correctly if you choose the Auto option, but if you know your way around Liquid you'll get there.

Support genuinely seem to want to help, they're just not very good at it. I get the impression there are support personnel Tiers and when you get moved up a tier you have to re-explain the whole situation to them, despite a recorded history of text and submitted video files. One bug on their end that caused their backend to hang forever in certain circumstances took about a month to fix.

Swatches are nice, but very bare boned functionality. The boxes even at 'Large' setting are very small (about 50x50px) and there is no hover-over functionality allowing a better look at the image. When I suggested this basic user experience feature (which if I had access to the Liquid code I could have fixed in a single line) they said they'd pass it on, but ultimately it was a custom feature request we'd have to pay for. I eventually got a solution running in three lines of CSS.

While parts of the code are stored in your theme files, you can't improve them because they are overwritten by Bold sometimes multiple times a day, so you are at their mercy for basic functionality adjustments. You are given an outlet for custom CSS and that is all.

The most constantly noticeable issue is that the back end is hosted on Bold servers and is extremely cumbersome to load, and to navigate. You can have an Option Set, which contains a list of Options, and those Options can have a list of products (in the case of automatic price adjustments). You can't alter a product through Shopify normally because all the data for the Option Sets are stored on Bold servers and they don't know the change occurred. You are required to alter products through the interface provided by Bold.

Every time you make any change through the Bold interface, everything connected to that change needs to be updated. If you change a product in an Option, every Option Set that is linked to that Option needs to be updated. If you change a product in an Option and that product is also in other Options, you need to manually go into those Options and save them so the changes will be recognised.

Every change you make requires a long waiting period where the system goes up the tree and readjusts everything internally - the more Options in the Option Set, the more Option Sets the Options are used in and the more products within an Option, the longer the wait. We're talking a minimum of 5 seconds for the most simplistic of Sets, and a minute or two for complicated branches.

Finally, changes made (especially when actually applying these Option Sets to the store front products) take often up to 10 minutes to actually be reflected on the web site - and some times they just don't take at all. Some times you just have to go back in and save the Sets again hoping this time it will work.

Overall, the App works mostly well as far as front end code goes (although a lot of modifications were required to get everything working as expected on our non-Shopify bought theme, a task I expect most people aren't up to). Almost all of the issues come from a complicated and cumbersome imperfect back end, and Bolds reluctance to improve their product as noted by other reviews - which is inexcusable for a subscription product. But when it's working, it shows the potential to be something of great use.

November 18, 2019

Hi there - thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this detailed review of your experiences. Our product expert, Samuel, has already reached out to you with details on everything you've mentioned, so I won't rehash that here!

I just wanted to apologize for the less-than-stellar experience you've had with our support team thus far. Often, our specialists are great at reading through the previous correspondence to understand an issue, however sometimes this falls through the cracks and gets a bit convoluted when we have to escalate certain issues to a more technical team. That certainly is not your fault, and shouldn't result in having to re-explain your issue, so I am very sorry for that!

We hope that you'll be able to connect with our expert via email or phone, and discuss things further with him. He would love to make your experience with us going forward better than it has already been, if you decide you'd like to continue using our Options app. However, we understand you've found another app that may suit your business better, and we completely understand you need to do what's best for you!

Tote&Carry

I have installed this App few days ago and I know it will help me make more sales that the previous app I had. The support is Amazing, Shoutout to Daniel who offered an excellent Customer Service. without his help I would have moved on to another app!

November 13, 2019

We're so happy to hear that Daniel was able to help you out! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions; we're always ready to help with setup or configuration, and want to make sure you've got a fighting chance while using this app to really see its true capabilities!

We look forward to seeing you populate your options, and are willing to assist however we can.

Prisma Lighting

I have had this app running on my site now for over three months, and I love it! It needed some customisation out of the box to suit my requirements. All this work was completed Nick who was always very professional and an absolute joy to deal with! Excellent response time, work was on point, and I never had to over explain for what I needed doing. 5 Stars to the app and 5 star customer service. Highly recommended

November 12, 2019

Hey there, thank you so much for the review! We're happy to hear you've been enjoying the app for the past few months, and we hope you continue to!

It's great to hear that Nick was able to help you with the customizations you were looking for in order to elevate the app so it better suited your store. :-)

Please let us know if we can assist with anything else! Thanks again for the detailed review.

Speak's Workwear

Took a little while because of the difference in time Zones, but Nirav was excellent in helping us find an array of solutions to some really challenging product option/logic issues that we were trying to resolve ourselves. Couldn't have done it without him. First class service! Well done Nirav!

November 8, 2019

Hi there! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review - it means a lot to hear your experience! I'm sorry about the time difference delays - we have merchants all around the world so we definitely want to expand our support team in order to best serve everybody, no matter what time it is where they are.

Great to hear that Nirav was able to help you out with the issues you ran into with options and logics. We'll be sure to share the kudos with him. :-) Please let us know if we can help in any other way!

Inspiration to Design

I'm in the middle of my trial trying different options. Each time I've had a question, support has been more than helpful. Tonight Chintan assisted me with understanding some of the premium features. Thanks for the assistance. Great info and great prompt service.

November 5, 2019

Thanks so much for the review; we hope that our Product Options app ends up being a great option for your store! Glad to hear that Chintan was able to assist you over chat when it came to understanding some of our premium features.

If you find yourself in a situation where our live chat is offline, feel free to peruse our Help Center - there's tons of great information there as well!

Quality Built Pergolas

Amazing App... allows you a very high level of customization. This app was just what I needed, and the support team is awesome too!

I highly recommend this app if you need to have lots of variants.

November 5, 2019

Thanks so much for the review! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the app and its customizability; we're so happy that Product Options is meeting your store's needs.

Please let us know if we can assist with anything else. :-)

Midsummer Star

Don't recommend. Maybe the app works well, maybe not. They installed 4 seperate times and each time install broke my site, the last install meant customer could not add to cart. Will no longer do business with these cowboys.

November 5, 2019

Hi there, I just wanted to sincerely apologize for the issues you ran into with having the app properly installed on your store. It looks like things were fixed, however we understand that at that point, you were no longer interested in trying the app, and understandably so.

Should you decide you want to try Product Options out while it's working properly on your store, please let us know - our expert, Sam, has attempted to reach out to you via email and is hoping to speak with you over the phone in order to get everything resolved, should you want to try again.

Venom Motorsports USA

Excellent app works flawlessly and very easy to customize in the app. The team at Bold is very responsive and helped install the plug-in within 24 hours for us.

October 31, 2019

Hello there; thanks so much for the review! We're happy to hear that our app is working flawlessly for you, and that our team has been able to provide you with the top-notch service we strive for. Please let us know if we can assist with anything else!

Freedom Company

Customer service is excellent - I have had a few user errors and they are quick to respond and fix the issue. Chintan was great on the live chat.

Thank you Bold Product Options for such great customer service.

October 31, 2019

Hi there! We're so sorry you ran into some errors while using Product Options, however we're really glad that Chintan was able to assist you via live chat in order to get things sorted out quickly.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or comments! We'd love to help again.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 188 189