Bold Product Options

Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

The overall rating is calculated to reflect the app's most recent performance instead of an average off all reviews.

Elquidinbulk

They want you to buy 3 apps to make a bogo offer, what kind of scam is that?

Berkeyfilters

Please read my review before installing this application as this app has a critical bug that they can't fix. As a shop owner, you need to know this information.

I loved this application. I've tried other apps and this is by far the best product option app, only if it worked.

The critical issue that they have not able to fix for past 6 months is that once in awhile, their added options do not reflect on the total price.

That means, a customer think they've paid for the added options, and it even show up in the receipt as if they've correctly added the options, yet it does not reflect on the total price.

This maybe happens once in a hundred sales, but we made so many angry customers. When they receive the package, the option items are not included because they didn't pay for them, and it won't show up in admin, yet it shows up in their receipt!!

There were many cases that we had to send those options for free to cease the upset customers. Some customers understood that it's a technical glitch yet, it does not leave any good impression on us.

Bold customer support has been helpful, yet they just can't figure out why this is happening, or by the nature of this app, this deadly critical bug can not be fixed for good.

I am writing this review so that other shop owners are warned before installing this.
As I said, I would love to use this app again, if they can ever find out the way to fix this.

I do feel that I deserve an apology from Bold CEO as I waited this app to be fixed for 6 months. I have had enough damage for using this app.

Regards.

Walter

Dressforlegs

One would naturally assume that, by uninstalling an app, you'd also be removing the code that the app set up on your site...wouldn't you? I uninstalled this app but all of the test buttons and other code i experimented with through this app have remained stuck on my site. Not being a programmer, i've got no idea what changes this app has permanently made and where i'd find them in my code to remove them. Really, really unhappy.

And to make matters worse, i can't install the app again to try and undo the changes through their own interface.

Dream World Design

swatch update is okay. It is basically a choice of colors but the colors are now squares or pictures. it lacks the ability to link a color selection to an image which practically all websites do and is what we would like so still 1 star for now.

Ringsplints Com

I tried this app because I needed pricing options (or I thought - I found a way around it with ShopPad Infinite Options which was SUPER easy and FREE and I love it!). This app was a flop and a total pain in the hiney, and $20/month+ is too much considering all the work you have to do to install and keep it going. For that monthly price, they should do it all for you, then charge you the $20/month+. This app had what seemed like countless lines of code I had to enter. The app glitch badly, not because of my copy/paste coding, but just with its interface with my theme I guess. Customer support didn't want to help figure it out, so we'll never know. When it continued to glitch BADLY (as in - items couldn't be removed from the cart, etc), customer support blamed me, said it was in the coding and I'd have to find it : - / . When I decided to uninstall it (this was after a WEEK'S worth of labor getting all the variants in and coding per their instructions), it left remnants in my coding, which I didn't put there - apparently it automatically installs code EVERYWHERE. It took careful searching on EVERY page (literally, every html/css page, snippet and asset to find all the remnants.) And it was obvious that there were remnants. On my storefront, staggered among the images, was incomplete coding "liquid error".....all over the place. Pricing options are what I needed, but after using this app, it's better to find a workaround if you can and use ShopPad Infinite Options instead.

Vapequeen

Bottom Line. BOLD Apps has one of the WORST customer service I have ever seen. I have reported them to their Shopify Account Manager and I truly hope that Shopify forces them to up their game. If I install a trial I should be able to get tech support immediately. Not send a dozen emails that go unanswered and then have to wait a minimum of 48 hours to schedule a call with someone (which is only a brief call) just to get the app working??? How does that make sense? When I install an app it is because I NEED it NOW - not 48+hours later. Shame on you Bold! I truly hope Shopify forces you to step up your game or kick you out of the App Store altogether.

Totebagfactory

this the app caused an unreasonable speed problems on my website so had to uninstall. Still trying to uninstall js that came with the app but no luck yet.

Brilliance Table Lamps

I gave multiple chances to this app and all of them have failed. Every time there was bug of some kind making purchasing an item either difficult, confusing or impossible. Either the prices were not showing up in the cart making it confusing for customers, either the options wasn't showing up at all in the cart or the product itself was simply not there anymore. Sometimes, the price was even doubled for no reason. I've seen customers trying to purchase an item and not doing it because of these issues. We've lost money and time with that app and I don't recommend it. It might work for you but for us it was a complete failure. A lot of room for improvement.

Evador Wroughtiron

Useless! DON'T rely on this APP at all! We've used it for nearly 2 years. OK to start off with (although a bit clunky and seriously messes with the look and feel of checkout cart so needs adjusting...by you!). They've just done an update and the app has fallen over badly. Half hearted attempt from BOLD to produce a reliable app. We have an online store selling gates and fencing and need to add approx 150 options (for sizing). Thankfully we have another website as this app could have crucified our online sales!

You'll spend hours scratching your head with this APP...then, after all your effort, something out of your control goes wrong! Worse part is we've had another Shopify site developed (at a cost of over £15,000!!) which we can no longer use without having someone write a program for us (which wont be "BOLD" as we asked them to create a separate program in 2015...which didn't work so we had our money back!).

DO NOT USE - MAYBE OK FOR A MONTH OR EVEN SIX MONTHS BUT THEN....FAIL!

Oh, I know I'm going on (but they have seriously let us down), there support team! Explain in massive detail, they'll send you a response (usually asking for more detail), you send even more - then they come up with an answer of "IT TAKES 24 HOURS FOR OUR SERVERS TO UPDATE". What!!!! If I'm changing pricing...surely that needs to take effect straight away!! And what kind of aged server are you using?? and...it didn't work anyway so more time wasted.

ALSO...we've now had to stop customers being able to purchase fully on our site! Click our name for proof (and go to a product) for reasons why NOT to use these!!

Good luck to those who read more positive reviews and decide to install. Like I mentioned before, we've had this app running for nearly 2 years pretty much trouble free till disaster!

Jmarie Clothing

This app was the worst i have ever dealt with in all of my years of web development. It took me over 5 hours to try and install this app with the amount of customization that was required. After the 5 hours of work It still would not work for me, I was getting errors left, right and centre. There were no options showing up after I installe this app, when I select 'add to cart' I was getting more errors. The developers of this app really need to reconsider the shear amount of work that is involved in the installation of this app

And they try to charge then to install it for you? They charge enough as it is!this is the biggest scam I have ever come across in my life.

I have no idea how this app achieved 10/10 rating.