Bold Product Options

Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

Redneck Nation

Did not work correctly after they installed the coding on my site (yes paid them) that's money I will never get back. Is impossible to get any support people on the phone and not only did it not work properly but caused issues with my store putting my business in jeopardy and sales. Yes we ring about 5,000 a day through our store so it was a pretty serious issue. I finally fixed it myself after I republished an olde version before they added the code and fixed it right away. Would not recommend and very disappointing being I have several of Bold aps and spend allot of money monthly with them. So before anyone thinks that I'm just being a hater that is not the case at all... just frustrated.

Sure Grip Shaving Razor

I want backup the negative feedback on Bold's services.

The support agent wrote an email 15 minutes passed the appointment time "Tried calling your for our appointment today and was unable to get through each time i called."

1. First he only called twice on my number;
2. One does not need to try my number twice to figure out "unknown" caller cannot go through my phone;
3. He could leave a voice mail instead of email me 15 minutes later.

His time is value and I need to book for his help. My time is also valuable.

This is the second time their support team disappoint me.

I would say, their supporting team in general, very bad.

Chibebe Au

Not the app for us. We weren't happy overall with the features, nor Bolds service in regards to this app.

Lavello

I was unable to run the app because I encountered some serious problems.

First of all to install the qpp you need to manually change a lot of files. It wasn;t big of a problem for me but it may be very troublesome for less experienced users.

Second of all, after installing the app its control panel turned out to be very unresponsive and chaotic.
> It didn't let me close a bold "bold install services" banner, even though I disabled adblock (sometimes causes issues) and repeatedly tapped button that should hide it.
> It didn't let me add options to products with certain types (the app didn't find any, even though they are set), wrongly searches in titles (search for "sink" found "dispenser" product) and doesn't even have an option to apply options to products with certain tags.
> after setting up an option I had to restart the app panel to be able to go to the next steps of the configuration.
> it doesn't have a color swatches which were very important for me.

The app was for me very problematic and unusable.

Vanbert

I lost almost 2 months. This is the worst app that i saw in my life. Promising at the beginning a lot, then you will see the team... just try them to see what happening when you contact them. Or stay away and safe a lot of time.

Slik Hound

Nothing but problems. Without a developer you'll be out of luck.

The Gld Shop

Have been using the app for a few months. Don't expect the inventory tracking to work. It has been nothing but issues for us regarding inventory tracking. Multiple hours wasted and calls later they basically just said tough luck. They told us to go complain to our other third party apps to convince them to integrate with bold apps, great advice. Also, it doesn't integrate with shipstation or stitch labs so definitely don't use it if you have either of those. Lastly, less important but still notable is that is causes some small changes to the visual appearance of the site and often will look sloppy with the way the options appear on website and in confirmation emails to customers. I would save your money and get a more legit options feature coded into your site. It will take more money up front but in the end this isn't a long term solution if you are looking to make serious money online. If you are running a fairly simple site it could work but eventually the problems are all magnified and you will have to get something better anyway so may as well not waste the monthly payments and hours getting it set up

Lidamd Com

A very inconsiderate company with a staff that is more interested in closing tickets then getting the job done correctly.

Oh and don't try and reach them an hour before they close, especially on Fridays. In three weeks they have not returned an email or returned a call after 4pm. they say they close at 5pm.

Shopify should screen their builders more throughly

Princess Cute Boutique

Am not able to figure out how to use app on my own. Did not find app to be user friendly and found customer service to be very poor. Would not take time needed to properly explain and or walk through setup. Will not keep this app.

Sjk Testing Store

This app exports your data from shopify servers to the bold app servers, there is no mention of this anywhere BEFORE you buy it. I was really unhappy with the security issues of this, there are implications if you want to be a compliant business and you are not specifying this in your privacy policy. How can you be accountable as a a business if you can't track where your data is going? I am still awaiting a refund from bold apps after 6 weeks, so it looks like their promise of a refund if you are not happy with the app is a bit pie-in-the-sky! Be aware, this is NOT an recommended app for a business website!! You also have to have the $19.99 to use any kind of conditional logic with the product variations, the $9.99 version is pretty useless, this is not made evident until you install and are billed for the app, also if you want to remove the app you have to go and manually remove the liquid files from your HTML and CSS files this is not that easy to do. I would have concerns about data-mining issues.