Bold Product Options

Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

RPM MOTORSPORT LTD.

I have given you 2 chances to make this right, i have installed this app 2 months ago and uninstalled it for the unprofessional slow customer service, then I have reinstalled it 48 hours ago and i can still see why i uninstalled this app 2 months ago.

What a shame, my only risk was losing $9.99, would never download any of your products ever again even if its a good functional app, if you have a good product and cannot back it up with a good customer service then there is no way to sell that app.

Good luck on all your other apps.

The Boytique

I can't even imagine how this app got such great reviews! Don't even know where to start. Firstly, the video you see makes it look super user-friendly. The problem is, that was from Version 1. We're now using version 2, which is completely different and a nightmare. To add icing to that cake, there is no guide, so you're on your own, folks. If you have very basic, straightforward requirements I'm sure you'll eventually be able to find your own way through the woods (maybe), but add in conditional logic and I wish you the best of luck, my friends.

And I haven't even begun to talk about customer service yet! I emailed to tell them that the complexity of the app was WAY beyond me, and I have to admit, they tried their best to supply me with a work-around. So I gave them another chance. That was a mistake. When I contacted them through the chat function, communication was painful. I gave up after the first issue and chose to book a call instead. I had to wait 2 days for their "onboarding" call (which was ok) but I waited 30 minutes past the scheduled call time and - nothing. No one called me. Then I called their customer service line. Waited on hold for a while only to have them tell me to "leave a message and someone will call you back". Now, I've been waiting another 35 minutes. Still no call from the "onboarding" appointment either (which is now 65 minutes late). Ridiculous. Just run far and fast to another app. There are plenty better than this garbage.

Jest Paint Store

They made changes to my theme and pushed them live without testing. The changes broke my theme so now customers can't add products to their cart from the collection pages and can't get to the checkout page. AN issue like that on a live site would have created a DISASTER. I emailed them an hour ago and still no response (during support hours). HOW CAN THEY BE SO IRRESPONSIBLE of making changes to a theme and not testing before pushing live.
Here is a clear view to the rror so they don't claim it wasn't them: http://wethe.me/371a2f5c3d39

Snuffelbox

Not working properly. I try to add a product option and it is just not saving the option. I always expierence this with BOLD apps. On the outside (reviews and stuff) it is amazing, then once you use it, you are constantly getting a new slap in the face.

Spencer-Brookes Designs

On the surface, this app seemed perfect for our needs. We have almost 1500 products on our website, which grows daily - 95% of which require some form of customisation.

Until recently, we had always used the free Infinite Options app. Which was perfect for most of our needs - however with more new products, came more new variants and options required. Including the need for colour swatches, and adding additional costs for add-ons. Unfortunately the free app wasn't built for this, so we were directed to the BOLD Product Options app by Shopify as an all-in-one alternative.

After testing the app on a series of products, and with some of our account customers, we found that we required the premium plan for the specific option sets that we required. Whilst expensive, the feedback from our customers during our initial trial period was very positive, so we decided to keep it, and spent the next two weeks migrating all of our options over to BOLD. It was then that we started to find the problems.

The first issue was that products kept "forgetting" their options. We initially thought that perhaps we had accidentally missed the product off during the migration. But it started happening more and more, and then we were finding that the same products that we had re-added the options to, and checked to ensure they were definitely working the previous day, suddenly had lost their options again overnight! When we questioned this with the customer support, all we received were screenshots stating that it's working now.. Well of course it is, we went in and re-added it already whilst waiting for your reply! The question to you was WHY was it happening?! To which, we still haven't received an answer for.

The next issue came when our shop team started to process the orders that had been placed with using the new options... What a MESS! When you log into the Orders admin panel, and view an order, for every option that you have set up, the app creates FOUR lines underneath the product! So when you have a product that has say, three different options to choose from, you will have twelve lines of text underneath the product in the order screen! When we questioned this with BOLD, the reply we got was "The way our app sends the information to Shopify, is like that. The item lines will go to the order page this way". I'm sorry, but the FREE alternative app manages to only add ONE line of text per option used, i.e. the actual option itself. And manages to hide all of the system information in the background - so why can't BOLD? This makes reviewing orders in the admin panel extremely difficult, as there are so many lines of random strings of text and numbers below each product that you have to sift through just to see what your customer has ordered.

The next mess was found when attempting to print the customer invoices... Our average customer purchases around twenty items at a time. Each item with at least one variant/option that needs to be selected - sometimes upto ten options. So if the app is adding four lines of text per option used, and the customer has ordered twenty plus products, you can imagine how long the invoices were!! Not to mention the fact that if you use any options where there is a price increase, the app adds the cost as if it's a new product!

We offer engraving for an extra 50p on the majority of our products. So as an example, our customer orders twenty items, each with at least two options, that's eight lines of text underneath each product, plus a further twenty lines of "Add Personalisation - 50p" piled together at the top of the invoice!! They're not even listed underneath the product that it relates to!

Again, we questioned this with BOLD, and were provided a link to some code that we could use to remove the additional lines in the Order Printer app... The resulting "invoice" was the most unprofessional looking invoice that I had ever seen! It looked like I had quickly copied and pasted the customer's order from my screen into Excel, and pressed print. It was awful. I then spent the next 30mins playing around with the code in a vain attempt create a more professional looking invoice... Some of my changes worked. Basically, adding a header and footer to the invoice. However the way that they have setup the table, you cannot add/remove/move any of the elements shown. So we are now stuck with showing "Quantity x1 £2.50, Price £2.50". Why we cannot just show "1" followed by the line price, I have no idea! This also doesn't help when trying to quickly review an order in the admin panel - so you HAVE to go into the Order Printer, and print the invoice just to get a cleaner view of what your customer has ordered.

Another couple of emails have been sent to BOLD requesting better support. But so far no response. And don't even bother with their live chat! Everytime I've tried so far, with ANY question, they just tell me that they have to submit a support ticket.. Which takes around 48-72hrs to look into. Not exactly helpful when you're trying to process customer orders at that moment!

Considering how expensive, and how heavily marketed and well-reviewed this app is, I would have expected a much better service both from the app itself, and the developers when a problem occurs. Will be uninstalling this app as soon as we've finished testing one of the alternatives!

Urban Modesty

This is a very buggy app. The idea is great but BOLD doesn't fully test the app. It doesn't work on Chrome under many circumstances. I also dealt with Tyson who did try but often created more bugs and left LIVE dummy products on our LIVE site.

Again, the app is buggy as hell. We spent weeks trying to address the bugs with Bold with no avail. I spent HOURS testing and sorting the bugs.

Be very careful, you may not catch the bugs yourself, then you will learn you CANNOT access your CART or CANNOT checkout with 3rd parties such as Amazon. It's just not worth it.

Kustom Kit Gym Equipment

A bit of a letdown

I had high hopes for this app. We have over 100 products in our online store, each product can have a choice of 8 colours and each colour has an image assigned to it of the product. As standard when you click the colour the image changes and shows you exactly what the product looks like in real time.

When using this app you would need to create a colour 'set' and manually type out your 8 colours and assign an image to each colour.

This would need to be done for every single one of the 100+ products in order to upload different images essentially starting your store from scratch again.....

Great idea but needs alot more work

Give Co

Unable to duplicate the entire option sets for each product. You will always need to copy each option one by one from another product if you are building a catalog of similar products with slight changes.

Huge waste of time.

Smartfit Oe

Worst App in The Universe

It just cannot work properly, it isn't appear in the translated pages, it fails to add the price on the cart total, the support is awful after 4 weeks with that problem and they cannot answer properly

Rolfprima

We have been using BOLD apps for two years now... and apparently BOLD has gotten so big they don't care if their apps work or not anymore. The service i've received trying to find out why this app no longer allows conditional logic is downright worthless.

They are first tried to tell me that we contracted someone to change the HTML in the app and that it was not their fault... What!! only they have been the ones making any edits to the HTML of this app, we have not worked nor had anyone else working in the code.

When I explained and showed them again what was not working, they actually send me screenshots of it working on another page - yes that's because I had started using W3 Options app (which I have now completely changed us to for options). they didn't even know their own app and when I sent them back that their example of "working" was not their app running... I've heard nothing back.

Unfortunate as it started off good two years ago, but I'm now removing it completely going with the W3 Options app.