Bold Product Options

Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

Rolfprima

We have been using BOLD apps for two years now... and apparently BOLD has gotten so big they don't care if their apps work or not anymore. The service i've received trying to find out why this app no longer allows conditional logic is downright worthless.

They are first tried to tell me that we contracted someone to change the HTML in the app and that it was not their fault... What!! only they have been the ones making any edits to the HTML of this app, we have not worked nor had anyone else working in the code.

When I explained and showed them again what was not working, they actually send me screenshots of it working on another page - yes that's because I had started using W3 Options app (which I have now completely changed us to for options). they didn't even know their own app and when I sent them back that their example of "working" was not their app running... I've heard nothing back.

Unfortunate as it started off good two years ago, but I'm now removing it completely going with the W3 Options app.

Pastreez

Poor Customer service and very complex to use. Still waiting assistance to install.. will definitely look for something else

Beauty Supply Us

NOT GOOD , TOO MANY PROBLEMS , CODING VARIANTS NOT EASY TO EDIT

Royalbuyespana

Worst product option app out there, it works very badly and it slows down your site quite a lot. Do not recommend

Limelife Planners

I've lost hundreds of dollars over the last couple weeks because the price of add-ons wasn't included in the shopping cart... customers basically got free products. I wouldn't recommend getting this if you want consistency.

The customer service was also lackluster. Not super helpful and sometimes condescending.

Juk Remuera

So many bugs, so many order errors - we've just had an absolute nightmare fulfilling our Christmas orders because of Bold Product Options. Spend thousands of dollars in development fees trying to streamline and customise the app to make it work effectively, as we'd already launched and committed. Frustrated customers missing out on orders because of missed variants. Very, very disappointed.

Vanitiesdepot Com

After the initial 5 stars, I have to drop this all the way to 1
I have been using this app for some time so at this point, I have seen the good, bad and the ugly.

Good - its pretty easy to link the group options to the products
It does have decent display options.

Bad: Where do I start

1 In the last 3 days they have cost me over $1500 in product options being added to the cart but not calculated in the price, the reply...we will give you 30 days free. Still waiting on the fix, the initial fix provided made it even worse.
1st time, few months ago they broke my navigation.
2nd time they have updated the code breaking the add to cart button, to make matters worse, the timeout of the cart was set wrong. Any customer slower than a roadrunner would end up with an empty cart.

2 Its very buggy, sync will sometimes take hours.
3 it has various random compatibility issues ( possibly theme specific )
4 For the second time, they have pushed an update without proper testing.

5 I had repeatedly asked for an ability to enlarge uploaded swatch photos.
Was told no such option but people customize their app all the time and will let me know what's needed. 3 weeks in, still waiting.

For ease of use, I have this ext on 4 websites...time to invest time to research another option.

Myboards

We are very disappointed with support. They cannot solve the problems with missed options and order printer. Right now all options are mixed up when we have two items purchased. Stay away! This costs us hundreds of dollars a week. We have been promised for months that the problem will be solve but it has not.

Shopify has said that this order printer issue is a Bold Commerce problem and they cannot and will not help.

Elquidinbulk

They want you to buy 3 apps to make a bogo offer, what kind of scam is that?

Berkeyfilters

Please read my review before installing this application as this app has a critical bug that they can't fix. As a shop owner, you need to know this information.

I loved this application. I've tried other apps and this is by far the best product option app, only if it worked.

The critical issue that they have not able to fix for past 6 months is that once in awhile, their added options do not reflect on the total price.

That means, a customer think they've paid for the added options, and it even show up in the receipt as if they've correctly added the options, yet it does not reflect on the total price.

This maybe happens once in a hundred sales, but we made so many angry customers. When they receive the package, the option items are not included because they didn't pay for them, and it won't show up in admin, yet it shows up in their receipt!!

There were many cases that we had to send those options for free to cease the upset customers. Some customers understood that it's a technical glitch yet, it does not leave any good impression on us.

Bold customer support has been helpful, yet they just can't figure out why this is happening, or by the nature of this app, this deadly critical bug can not be fixed for good.

I am writing this review so that other shop owners are warned before installing this.
As I said, I would love to use this app again, if they can ever find out the way to fix this.

I do feel that I deserve an apology from Bold CEO as I waited this app to be fixed for 6 months. I have had enough damage for using this app.

Regards.