Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

Based on 1991 reviews

Wag The Nub

The worst app, hands down, with the worst customer service ive ever experienced. What a joke. i called the customer service number and literally woke the woman from sleep at 11:28 am. She answered "hello?"
i was like "is this bold??" She didn't tell me her name, etc. and gave me the runaround for 30 min. Told me it was MY fault. unbelievable!!!! Update: after 2 weeks, im CONFIRMING that this is the worst app you'll ever pay for.

QuoteMyWall

Don't bother - completely slows down your website! Options work fine, but makes the website load a lot slower.

January 14, 2020

Hi there - we're so sorry to hear that you're finding our app is slowing down your website! Our Product Options specialist, Nick, has reached out to you as of yesterday and is confident we can get that fixed for you.

Please let us know if you're available for a phone call; we'd love to speak with you to get everything sorted.

Budgie Lou Brew Coffee & Co.

Nightmare in every sense of the word. During the height of holiday shopping the app made it impossible for our customers to check out and to add insult to injury, the customer service disappeared for days onylt o start responding once we deleted to "win(?!)" our business back. Their product video offers a 30 day free trial and 14 day elsewhere. Their CSR *offered* a free trial extension but we ended up getting charged anyway then wasting time getting Shopify involved to get our refund after several attempts. Even Shopify couldn't get a response at first and kept having to try other avenues. Their emails tend to be more excuses of why they're screwing your business because they have so many customers and there is oftentimes an English-speaking language barrier. The very worst part is although we've scoured our files to delete every trace of them after removing the app, we're still finding bits of their code popping up throughout our customer facing site. Causing us more productivity hours undoing the damage of integrating their app on our site. We moved to Infinite Options after this nightmare in mid-December and they are leagues ahead in terms of functionality, professionalism, transparency, support and price. The last time I ever give a Bold app a chance in any of my stores. Over-priced, under-supported and abjectly clueless. Use Infinite Options.

Midsummer Star

Don't recommend. Maybe the app works well, maybe not. They installed 4 seperate times and each time install broke my site, the last install meant customer could not add to cart. Will no longer do business with these cowboys.

November 5, 2019

Hi there, I just wanted to sincerely apologize for the issues you ran into with having the app properly installed on your store. It looks like things were fixed, however we understand that at that point, you were no longer interested in trying the app, and understandably so.

Should you decide you want to try Product Options out while it's working properly on your store, please let us know - our expert, Sam, has attempted to reach out to you via email and is hoping to speak with you over the phone in order to get everything resolved, should you want to try again.

HipFlaskPlus

We have been using the app for a few months with our products having engraving options and we looked today and all of our engraving options were gone. The main point for the 1 star review is that you have to select all your products one by one for the options. you cant select entire groups of products which takes way too much time. If they fix it so you can select entire groups of products I will change my review to 5 stars. for now the app is useless.

October 15, 2019

Hi there, thank you for the feedback about our app. We're so sorry to hear that you ran into issues with the engraving options showing up on your products.

I saw that one of our product experts attempted to give you a call to discuss this better on Friday, however wasn't able to reach you. I was informed that by creating a collection of products that will have the engraving option on it, you can easily assign your options to that entire collection rather than selecting all products individually.

If you're able to, please respond to our latest email from our specialist, Nick, and let us know how we can better reach you! We'd love to be able to help you get Product Options working better - and more easily - on your store.

TOPSTRING

After a year being with the app and managing lots of frustration with previous bad experience with BOLD, I'm now actually trying to come away from this app mainly due to the poor level of customer service I have experienced over the last 2 weeks when requesting a copy, paste and check process.

The service model is friendly and personable but lacks the attentiveness, knowledge and support experience for delivery success and management of customer expectations.

This is just my experience but work does not get checked, communication has to be chased and most important in service support, customer expectations are not managed and customer success management is very poor.

I appreciate everything that has been attempted to deliver service but at the premium I am paying for their product, the service level is poor. I am now seeking an alternative product with a stronger support model.

In my opinion, a stronger focus on service delivery would help BOLD rather than a strong focus on being nice and passing the ball around. The very nice part should always be there but the customers needs professionally should come first followed by the nice engagement. I will be removing the app once i have found a more suitable vendor.

I hope my review helps Bold aspire to be the service delivery vendor they consistently aim to be.

September 13, 2019

Hello there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback; it really helps us evaluate what we are doing and where we need to improve, and completely understand where your frustration lies.

We certainly aim to do the best we can in providing consistent communication with our merchants, especially when their theme is being worked on. Unfortunately, sometimes the ball is dropped and we absolutely take full responsibility for it.

We're very sorry that the installation of Product Options onto your new theme didn't go as smoothly as hoped - we very much wanted to rectify the situation and ensured that the placement of the options was correct after it was pointed out that it was done improperly.

We understand that you need to do what's best for your business, even if that means finding a different app. Should you decide to continue using our app, we'd be more than happy to work with you. However, as mentioned, we understand you need to do what's best for your business, and we wish you all the best if you decide to use another solution.

Wearabelle

Very bad app. Full of bugs, complicated to operate, not working properly.
If you want to add one simple field to several products, it will do the job. But if you need a little more sophisticated options than that, the mess starts.
Highly not recommended

RYTE Sport

We have used this app for about 6 months now to handle additional product options to personalize our products. Worked great initially, something happened at the beginning of this year, the product options are becoming unlinked from the products after they are setup. Customer support continues to blame us even when we walked through a screen share. Then radio silence. Then I the owner had to contact the company again and the support team needed us to start from the beginning with explanations. To this day we are still having issues with products we setup yesterday. HIGHLY SUGGEST NOT USING THIS APPLICATION.

July 25, 2019

Hi there. I just wanted to sincerely apologize about the issues you have run into using Product Options. It certainly should not have taken such a long time to reach a resolution, however I can assure you that Samuel is currently in the midst of writing a reply to further help you with the product options unlinking from your products.

I can promise you that we are dedicated to solving this for you and will do everything in our power to get it working correctly.

Luxury Playstyle

Update 2019-06-21: Lowering from 2 stars to 1 star.

Well, not only did they leave a lot of worthless code slowing down the pageload of my site (they offer in the reply below to log in and remove them if I want), but they have been spamming me since my 2-star review. (I'm just not that into you, guys...)

Email #1 from them: "Please don't leave us."
Email #2 from them: "Regarding your review..."
Email #3 from them: "How are we doing?" ?? A support survey for the message they sent me about the review?
Email #4 from them: "Sorry for the delay" ?? Leave me be, please!
Then they replied to the review... and I got notified of that response.

And.. then they called us about the review!

In the call, they didn't address any of my concerns, nor seemed sympathetic. They basically indicated the product direction would never include customizing options based on a user's Shopify variant selection (maybe a new "app" they want to sell eventually so they don't want to enhance this one too much?)

All in all-- I spent a lot of money, got negative value (huge waste of my time and some slowdowns) from their app, and then was pretty much harassed by them about leaving a 2-star review, with no desire to improve their product. Before giving up, I swear I went back to the app like 3-4 times over months to give it another try but I just couldn't make it work. Maybe if I sold t-shirts it'd be the bees knees... but anything more complex? Nah, shop around for another addon.

Or if you're feeling lonely, leave them a low review and they'll want to talk to you plenty...

-----
ORIGINAL REVIEW:

They helped me set this up initially and it never worked very well even after. View never ended up showing the total price with options combined, even after they helped. Sounds like they thought they fixed it but it wasn't working in our browsers. Just was too much hassle to bother with them again and I hoped to get around to working with it. In addition, I really needed it to be aware of the selected variant (e.g. if the person chose variant 2, then the options should change conditionally for that item, including maybe adding a different variant to cart if they selected the option). To their credit they were fairly responsive, and told me they didn't support that use-case. But I've paid months of this and never used it because it's a pain to use and never showed up properly. They make money because they've been around for a while but it feels like they're just coasting with this app and not really trying to improve anything. If they gave me any impression they were looking to improve the app. Now I'm going to uninstall it but their uninstall process says "oh, we'll leave a bunch of junk in your liquid files but it should be harmless" rather than having a professional approach to install/uninstall. I recommend shopping really hard for an alternative options app before trying this one.

June 20, 2019

Hi there! We're so sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with Product Options. We've tried to get in touch a couple of times but we understand that you may have found an alternative. If interested in speaking with an expert we'd be happy to accommodate a time to talk. Thank you, we'll try to get in touch once more.

Fonds Photo by Pastryandtravel

Tried to make it work on our website and when we checked "automatic install", it broke our theme. Really not cool - hopefully you can fix this ASAP. In the meantime : uninstalled!

May 28, 2019

Hi there! We have reached out through email to try and sort things out as soon as possible. We can always schedule a call and help you with the installation. Whenever you run the auto-install, please note to always make a duplicate theme. We will continue to try and get in touch. Thank you for your time.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8