Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

Thepionears

UPDATE____

For one more time i send an email and they dont reach back to me. I have issues and i cant work with them if they dont have good support.

I think it's a good app. I had tried a couple of other Options apps but this is the only one that has the flexibility that I need. The only issue is the support i think, because i send them an email to install for me and they did not reach back to me directly, as other apps do.

Preg Li

This App is currently broken. If your customers purchase using Internet explorer they will be able to add a bunch of options and not pay. Creating a customer service disaster.

Air Bnb Host Shop

Cons:
- Apps is glitchy
- the UI is a complete pain to use
- Support doesn't seem know their own app and offers solutions that don't actual fix the problem
- Basic features don't work properly

Pros:
- support gets back quickly (not accurately but quickly)
- No other app does what this one is spouse to do.

Downloaded it several days ago, still can't get it to the simple options. It is currently holding up my entire projects launch. Will update if this actually gets resolved to work properly.

Great Signs

Where do I begin. Product options by Bold is the app that I require for my online store but the setup is not so easy. Our issue is that when you create your options and the options forms are created. We have no way to edit how the form will appear on our pages. The layout looks like crap with input boxes and other from elements all over the place.
We have been back and forth with Bold Support regarding this and they continue to make small tweaks to the layout but we can't seem to get what we require even when we provide them with screen shots of how we want our page to look like.
To this point Bold has tried to work with us but we are 3 weeks behind our launch date of our site due to this issue... We need action NOW! and an extension on the trial would be nice to make up for lost time due to poor support.

Trade Show House

Can't do much without paying for the full monthly price.

Digi3d

Product Options is nice. BUT.... do not think you can create an order for the customer or recreate a new order because the 7 days authorization has passed...(mainly custom product sites, but isn't the point of product options?) Shopify "Draft" order and Product Options do not play together... As this is point of product options (to get around the limitations of Shopify options (only 3 per product) on a product, and Shopify support answer is to "create a draft" order, but you can NOT leverage product options to capture data when using "Draft" orders.

Obeythekorean

I paid for the app to be installed in my new theme back in mid-March and they stated twice that they did. I finally was able to publish my new theme today only to find out the options were not there, which means the app was not installed properly or even at all (no revised code is even in the new theme). They definitely need better customer service which is something they can improve on. The representative who emailed back told us to install it ourselves yet we paid for it to be installed properly the first time.

Will keep you all updated on the situation. For now, I would give caution to future users until I approve of their customer service and proper implementation skills.

Brewha

I have had to seek support (on a number occasions) and I haven't found it very easy to get. At least half of the time I look, their online chat function is disabled (I thought it was a glitch but was told by an operator that they take it down when they get busy.....), I have called in and spoken with someone who said they would get back to me once they learn the answer (only they never called back), and I have written emails (mostly recently Wednesday of this week--it is now Saturday) and they take several days (they say 48 hours but in my experience its been longer) to respond.
Edited Nov 25, 2015 -- they have helped me resolve the issue -- took from Oct 19 to Nov 25, but it was resolved. A notice on their website said the Black Friday rush had them scrambling. Overall I like the product enough to keep using it as it does more than the Shopify variants can. I increased the stars from 2 to 3.
Edited Setp 27, 2019 -- its been buggy for a while. Finally with the integration of another feature it became untenable so reached out to Bold for a fix as the cart is not showing pricing and it isn't integrating with the new multi-currency option -- been waiting a week and still waiting for a reply (after multiple attempts to contact them). Been told someone will respond but they don't. I see there are several production option alternatives and at this point, figuring we may need to look there.

High Spirits Flutes

I'm forced to downgrade my rating of this app from 4 stars to 2 stars. Initially, we were happy with its operation, but customer service is slow, simple customizations are challenging, it's buggy, and I get the sense that tech support staff is under-trained and burdened. Honestly, I think we would be better off using the product variants feature built into the Shopify admin dashboard for everything that Bold Product Options currently handles. We have already been forced to do this for some products where the Bold app can't accomodate our needs, which are pretty normal and reasonable for an e-commerce website. I think the app has potential, but unfortunately, it is not well supported considering that Bold is charing a monthly service fee for its use.

Cloud Source Vapor

First the app. The app is not simple to install, thank god we have a web developer who did it for us. Alternatively, you can pay BOLD money to do it for you, which seems shady; make an app, but make it very difficult for a normal user to install, and then charge more money.

The app itself is fairly simple to use and do the job of what we need it to. However, the options will not show to your clients if their browser does not have Java enabled. Fun little fact, many mobile clients don't have Java. So you're basically losing out on tons of potential customers. Also, if you are trying to generate reports and exporting your orders via .csv files (excel), your options will not be there.

Now BOLD as a company and their support are absolutely atrocious. Multiple times, over the last 3 1/2 months of using this app, we have attempted to contact their support team. They advertise 9-5 M-F. We always call within those hours and it always goes to their voicemail. We leave messages and they have never called us back. When talking about a support ticket, they will email us instead, which doesn't work for us. Often times the advice or "fix" they give is incorrect and doesn't work, which is frustrating with the massive gaps in communication time.

I would give the app a 3 because it does what it is suppose to, despite having some flaws and I would give bold a 0-1 because they have horrible customer service.