Bold Product Options

Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

A Cut Above Uniforms

Some of our primary items use this app as we have too many variants. We have been running this for 18 months and since the beginning, about 2% of orders are not charged due to some issue caused by the app. This means that the customer is not charged for their shirts in our case. Our shipping dept has to check each order for this issue and then we have to contact the customer to collect CC info and payment. The problem has never been resolved. We have a developer firm working directly with Bold and there has been no resolution. In general, this app adds a lot of complexity. I would not use this app again. I'm writing this because we are now having a higher occurance rate and I have not heard back from Bold for 5 days. Unfortunate.

Custom Military

This app did work for me, BUT before you get this:

First, be aware of the cost difference if you need conditional logic. It's another 9.99 more/mo. and it isn't obvious on the main page of the app. I was drawn to this app for that reason - conditional logic, then disappointed to learn it was more money.

Second: if you choose expert install (free), it will take at least 2 business days.

Third: CACHING is a very big problem while developing your options. You create an option, go to preview it in your development theme copy, and you don't see it working anywhere because cache has to be cleared. After two days of tech support, they told me cache needs to be cleared, but there is no option for that anywhere. Instead they give you a tech support link telling you how to edit a liquid file. I suggested they add the ability to clear cache somehow. I'm sure it would save them hours of tech support, and the end-user a lot of headaches.

Printoctopus

The display was pretty ugly on our website and didn't adapt according to our theme.

Mega Kiwi Stores

I have just started using the app therefore 3 stars is more than suffice
and certainly will write a more accurate review as soon as possible!

Celtic Knot Works

I tried this because I love Product Discounts and I figured that Product Options would be well integrated. It was not. Here Are the Issues I had with the plugin while it was live:
1. It did not update the cart total in the normal way so the Free shipping countdown by Free Shipping Bar did not show a proper tally.
2. It gave away a free Item on its first transaction. It did not charge the option fee to the customer so I had to eat the cost.
3. The solution support gave me to this was an unacceptable workaround, they wanted me to disable my PayPal express button.
4. If you run a storewide sale with product discount your product options will take 24 hours to update to the sale price, and then presumably take another 24 to revert to their normal price after the sale ends. This is unacceptable.

It might be a great plugin for your use, but for my use it was not acceptable.

Occasions Boxed Ltd

Great option app and does most things that you would need I have the Premium versions so customers can edit product details within there cart and this works well.

I'm using the Grid Union Pixel theme and it seems to integrate well however I did need support getting it to work.

The support staff are VERY good and really make an effort to sort out any issues. Talking to them via online chat is very quick and easy.

Only 3 stars Because...

Applying options is a pain in the backside they take a long time to appear so you need a lot of patience. Bold says its a Shopify issue and can do nothing about it.

If you need an options app and can afford the price then its worth giving it a go just be prepared to view a million ads and wait for the option to appear!

5 Star to MC - Support Team
She sorted out a lot of issues that I had with the Union Pixel Grid Theme and nothing ever seemed to much trouble her support was the best I have ever come across.

Azfitnessequipment

Became the best app for us! Would love to see hover enlarge for the swatches.

UPDATE: Had a full functionality as a tester but after removed it and Now I can not even edit some of the options. Not nice at all.

Earphone Guy Llc

The app itself is a great add-on to Shopify. My only two issues are 1. There are a lot of steps and screen hopping to setup product options. 2. It sometimes takes FOREVER to display on product. That's a pain when you are doing webwork and would like to see it. This morning it took over 15 minutes to display. I'd love to give 5 stars, just can't.

The Earphone Guy

Broadbox

It does most things it promises but not all. I could not customize pricing especially if linking to inventory. The initial customer support was okay but I had to contact them thru chat after having a ticket opened. And when they had to refer me to a higher tier for help, I didn't hear from anyone until 8 days later. But by then I ended up having to remove pricing and using quickbooks for inventory tracking.

It's limited and you have to rebuild links to options for separate products even if the have the same basic options.

Tantalus Store

Generally as advertised and the support was quite good. Certainly a useful app for many reasons...but unfortunately we can't give this a great review overall.

-The app costs money to install, which isn't the case with several of the alternatives.
-The app was more tedious and cumbersome to use than the app we ended up going with.
-More expensive per month than the app we ended up using, particularly if you need the "premium" features.
-Not as versatile at modifying prices as the app we ended up using.
-Charges extra for features that are included as standard with some other apps.
-Bold repeatedly asks people to write 5-star reviews, which gets a bit annoying.

We fiddled around with this app for a while and ultimately ended up going with Unlimited Product Options by OnlyGrowth.