Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

Based on 1919 reviews

My Wedding Decor

I would love to give this app, which I upgraded to the Premium level, and its sister app, Quantity Breaks, a five-star review as it shows such promise, but I can't. I signed up on the 12th and 13th respectively and launched on the 23rd. I was desperately trying to get my products, most of which have minimum set quantities, to show the correct price.
Apparently I have pay for a Bold Apps expert to ensure that a product, which for example, comes in a set of 25 shows "25" in the Quantity box (despite being able to enter 25 units having no discount and 26+ units with a $ or % discount etc in Quantity Breaks), and not "1". Customers can also edit the minimum 25 in the cart to 1 so something is seriously amiss.
Bold Apps seems to be a victim of its own success because no coding can be done until late May and every time I have checked in the last week, Bold Apps live chat has no-one available to undertake chat. So you have to play email tag.
Proceed only if you are an expert coder, have all the time in the world, and only sell items in single quantities.

3 Pooches

Update: I have recently upgraded to Version 2 of the Product Options app. While I loved the functionality of the previous version and rarely had issues, this one has been nothing short of a disaster. Completely screwed up all of my Product Option Sets to the point that I have to go back in and redo them. This version also has issues with Paypal so some of my orders are not being charged for their additional options and I am now losing money because add-on options that should be charging extra are not charging anything at all. Support has been working on this issue for 2 weeks and while they have been good at keeping me in the loop, I am now requesting to go back to Version 1, which seemed to work loads better than this new version. I will be looking for another app that has less issues.

Previous review:
I have so many options to my products that Shopify's limited variant system wasn't working for me. This app has been a lifesaver for me! I love the fact that I can create conditions for each option (depending on what the buyer chooses for the first option determines what further variants are shown), so all of my options don't clutter up each product. Support was fantastic - they responded very quickly to my questions and I will definitely check out more of their apps. My only suggestion would be to figure out how to have it integrate with Facebook store apps, if there's even a way to do it.

WizardPatch™

Works great! Just need a little help with the css and limiting characters in custom text fields. Certainly one of the best apps ive installed so far as long as i can blend it into my theme a little better. 5 stars from wizardpatch.com

UPDATE: GOT ISSUES AND NO SUPPORT REPLIES.
Quite buggy at the moment and been a number of days with no response from support. We have 4 of their apps, support was great up until a few days ago now we feel out in the cold.

Had many customers buy our products, and options they selected were not in their cart, so they told us and then never came back, lost business, not so good.
Hoping to work thru the bugs but will most likely remove a few apps today if support is not there, sad to say.

mitchellwest

I wish it were easier. I just can't seem to figure out how to link up multiple options to a product.

1 3 Next