Bold Product Options

Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

Obeythekorean

I paid for the app to be installed in my new theme back in mid-March and they stated twice that they did. I finally was able to publish my new theme today only to find out the options were not there, which means the app was not installed properly or even at all (no revised code is even in the new theme). They definitely need better customer service which is something they can improve on. The representative who emailed back told us to install it ourselves yet we paid for it to be installed properly the first time.

Will keep you all updated on the situation. For now, I would give caution to future users until I approve of their customer service and proper implementation skills.

Brewha

I have had to seek support (on a number occasions) and I haven't found it very easy to get. At least half of the time I look, their online chat function is disabled (I thought it was a glitch but was told by an operator that they take it down when they get busy.....), I have called in and spoken with someone who said they would get back to me once they learn the answer (only they never called back), and I have written emails (mostly recently Wednesday of this week--it is now Saturday) and they take several days (they say 48 hours but in my experience its been longer) to respond.
Edited Nov 25, 2015 -- they have helped me resolve the issue -- took from Oct 19 to Nov 25, but it was resolved. A notice on their website said the Black Friday rush had them scrambling. Overall I like the product enough to keep using it as it does more than the Shopify variants can. I increased the stars from 2 to 3.
Edited Setp 27, 2019 -- its been buggy for a while. Finally with the integration of another feature it became untenable so reached out to Bold for a fix as the cart is not showing pricing and it isn't integrating with the new multi-currency option -- been waiting a week and still waiting for a reply (after multiple attempts to contact them). Been told someone will respond but they don't. I see there are several production option alternatives and at this point, figuring we may need to look there.

High Spirits Flutes

I'm forced to downgrade my rating of this app from 4 stars to 2 stars. Initially, we were happy with its operation, but customer service is slow, simple customizations are challenging, it's buggy, and I get the sense that tech support staff is under-trained and burdened. Honestly, I think we would be better off using the product variants feature built into the Shopify admin dashboard for everything that Bold Product Options currently handles. We have already been forced to do this for some products where the Bold app can't accomodate our needs, which are pretty normal and reasonable for an e-commerce website. I think the app has potential, but unfortunately, it is not well supported considering that Bold is charing a monthly service fee for its use.

Cloud Source Vapor

First the app. The app is not simple to install, thank god we have a web developer who did it for us. Alternatively, you can pay BOLD money to do it for you, which seems shady; make an app, but make it very difficult for a normal user to install, and then charge more money.

The app itself is fairly simple to use and do the job of what we need it to. However, the options will not show to your clients if their browser does not have Java enabled. Fun little fact, many mobile clients don't have Java. So you're basically losing out on tons of potential customers. Also, if you are trying to generate reports and exporting your orders via .csv files (excel), your options will not be there.

Now BOLD as a company and their support are absolutely atrocious. Multiple times, over the last 3 1/2 months of using this app, we have attempted to contact their support team. They advertise 9-5 M-F. We always call within those hours and it always goes to their voicemail. We leave messages and they have never called us back. When talking about a support ticket, they will email us instead, which doesn't work for us. Often times the advice or "fix" they give is incorrect and doesn't work, which is frustrating with the massive gaps in communication time.

I would give the app a 3 because it does what it is suppose to, despite having some flaws and I would give bold a 0-1 because they have horrible customer service.

My Wedding Decor

I would love to give this app, which I upgraded to the Premium level, and its sister app, Quantity Breaks, a five-star review as it shows such promise, but I can't. I signed up on the 12th and 13th respectively and launched on the 23rd. I was desperately trying to get my products, most of which have minimum set quantities, to show the correct price.
Apparently I have pay for a Bold Apps expert to ensure that a product, which for example, comes in a set of 25 shows "25" in the Quantity box (despite being able to enter 25 units having no discount and 26+ units with a $ or % discount etc in Quantity Breaks), and not "1". Customers can also edit the minimum 25 in the cart to 1 so something is seriously amiss.
Bold Apps seems to be a victim of its own success because no coding can be done until late May and every time I have checked in the last week, Bold Apps live chat has no-one available to undertake chat. So you have to play email tag.
Proceed only if you are an expert coder, have all the time in the world, and only sell items in single quantities.

3 Pooches

Update: I have recently upgraded to Version 2 of the Product Options app. While I loved the functionality of the previous version and rarely had issues, this one has been nothing short of a disaster. Completely screwed up all of my Product Option Sets to the point that I have to go back in and redo them. This version also has issues with Paypal so some of my orders are not being charged for their additional options and I am now losing money because add-on options that should be charging extra are not charging anything at all. Support has been working on this issue for 2 weeks and while they have been good at keeping me in the loop, I am now requesting to go back to Version 1, which seemed to work loads better than this new version. I will be looking for another app that has less issues.

Previous review:
I have so many options to my products that Shopify's limited variant system wasn't working for me. This app has been a lifesaver for me! I love the fact that I can create conditions for each option (depending on what the buyer chooses for the first option determines what further variants are shown), so all of my options don't clutter up each product. Support was fantastic - they responded very quickly to my questions and I will definitely check out more of their apps. My only suggestion would be to figure out how to have it integrate with Facebook store apps, if there's even a way to do it.

WizardPatch™

Works great! Just need a little help with the css and limiting characters in custom text fields. Certainly one of the best apps ive installed so far as long as i can blend it into my theme a little better. 5 stars from wizardpatch.com

UPDATE: GOT ISSUES AND NO SUPPORT REPLIES.
Quite buggy at the moment and been a number of days with no response from support. We have 4 of their apps, support was great up until a few days ago now we feel out in the cold.

Had many customers buy our products, and options they selected were not in their cart, so they told us and then never came back, lost business, not so good.
Hoping to work thru the bugs but will most likely remove a few apps today if support is not there, sad to say.

mitchellwest

I wish it were easier. I just can't seem to figure out how to link up multiple options to a product.

1 3 Next