Bold Product Options

Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

Slik Hound

Nothing but problems. Without a developer you'll be out of luck.

The Gld Shop

Have been using the app for a few months. Don't expect the inventory tracking to work. It has been nothing but issues for us regarding inventory tracking. Multiple hours wasted and calls later they basically just said tough luck. They told us to go complain to our other third party apps to convince them to integrate with bold apps, great advice. Also, it doesn't integrate with shipstation or stitch labs so definitely don't use it if you have either of those. Lastly, less important but still notable is that is causes some small changes to the visual appearance of the site and often will look sloppy with the way the options appear on website and in confirmation emails to customers. I would save your money and get a more legit options feature coded into your site. It will take more money up front but in the end this isn't a long term solution if you are looking to make serious money online. If you are running a fairly simple site it could work but eventually the problems are all magnified and you will have to get something better anyway so may as well not waste the monthly payments and hours getting it set up

Lidamd Com

A very inconsiderate company with a staff that is more interested in closing tickets then getting the job done correctly.

Oh and don't try and reach them an hour before they close, especially on Fridays. In three weeks they have not returned an email or returned a call after 4pm. they say they close at 5pm.

Shopify should screen their builders more throughly

Princess Cute Boutique

Am not able to figure out how to use app on my own. Did not find app to be user friendly and found customer service to be very poor. Would not take time needed to properly explain and or walk through setup. Will not keep this app.

Sjk Testing Store

This app exports your data from shopify servers to the bold app servers, there is no mention of this anywhere BEFORE you buy it. I was really unhappy with the security issues of this, there are implications if you want to be a compliant business and you are not specifying this in your privacy policy. How can you be accountable as a a business if you can't track where your data is going? I am still awaiting a refund from bold apps after 6 weeks, so it looks like their promise of a refund if you are not happy with the app is a bit pie-in-the-sky! Be aware, this is NOT an recommended app for a business website!! You also have to have the $19.99 to use any kind of conditional logic with the product variations, the $9.99 version is pretty useless, this is not made evident until you install and are billed for the app, also if you want to remove the app you have to go and manually remove the liquid files from your HTML and CSS files this is not that easy to do. I would have concerns about data-mining issues.

Beastwearau

Support team were fairly hopeless. Took almost two weeks just to get into contact to get it installed. Finally when it was, design was all out of whack, but I trusted them to fix it, would end up 1 step forward and 2 steps back with simple changes mucked up. Once we recovered, I had multiple developers who needed their help with integration/fixing up their mess and once again they weren't very helpful.

Finally these guys were my saving grace when they brought out their version, https://apps.shopify.com/product-options-w3.

With a quick test, I uninstalled Bold in a heartbeat and haven't looked back. Stay away from Bold. You'll soon realise it's clunky, doesn't work very well & help is very superficial.

Simply Sleep

Where do i start? This app has the potential to be awesome, but the install and poor customer service ruined it for me. I have a little experience with code but the install instructions sucked and when I tried to get help it took them about a week to respond to my issue and by that time I had removed the app. I considered paying the $40 to have them install but I read reviews saying it still didn't work and depending on what theme you use the code could show up at checkout. I urge people to read the reviews past page 1. Their service is super terrible. In my opinion I would never use any of there apps just based on their service!

Dovedesigns Com

Installation is a nightmare. Don't recommend!!!!!

Cancelled Everything and will go else where.

Tried to contact customer service for over two months with no response.

Camasura

It didn't work out for me. There was so many steps to do, I was about to give up halfway because there things that are different than what they instructs, names that are different on my liquid. I feel like I already messing it up but decided to work through it and maybe it was just me freaking out because I don't have any experience in html. In the end, I found out i did butchered it, all that hard work and I its messed up. I was frustrated in the end. I am not paying 40 dollars for someone to do it especially when I am still paying them monthly for it. I am removing the app and finding something else.

Thanks anyway

Love2promote

The frustrations with this app are endless. My only reason to use this app is because Shopify has not better implementations than them. This is how most Bold apps are going to work (I purchased Bold Up-sells and Bold Prod. Customization). You are going to install the app, and then if you are a developer yourself, you are ok, you can implement the code by yourself... but most people here are not developers, so you are going to pay them to implement the code on the page... then it's going to take forever to get installed, depending on the theme you have... DO NOT EXPECT CUSTOMER SUPPORT AT ALL. They don't answer the phone, and they answer emails usually within 48 hours later. Oh! one more... if you want a customization for something their app breaks, this is the answer you will get: "We charge $900 USD to make the necessary customizations to your theme for this. We could start in the second week of October and it will take a little less than a day to complete. :)" Today it is September 23rd. HOPE THIS HELPS.